Fitting a zisco inlet.

Has anyone got and fitted a zisco inlet cause holy fuck me this shit is stressing me out.

Got the old one off eventually, to find that bit thing with the vacuums from the steering rack. Do I need the bar thing with the vacuums? I don't have power steering as I removed it....

Anyone got any pics step by step as to how they fitted theirs? It ain't fucking easy lol.

Not very useful but maybe just loop the ps one

This may not be useful

Was going to just cut them down and block them up.

Also I don't understand why I have the inlet but no adaptor things for boost lines etc? :S That means I have to source my own fittings and fuck knows where I buy them from? You know the type that screw in to the wastegate..

Pirtek and most hose suppliers do them in brass remember abit of ptfe tape

The threads for them are there ain't they?

brass fur tree tail fittings

Is that the things?

Yeah bro the threads are there, just no fittings for vacuums tho which is very annoying lol..

What do you mean 'brass fur tree tail fittings'? What does that mean haha?

Bin fucking go! Well done son, are they the size I need yeah, as i'm not too sure what size the hole is. It's the same size as the wastegate ports tho if that helps?

I got mine fitted took some time. I used the fittings of the standard inlet with one vacum line running to a vacum block then everything else went to that. Had to change a coolant hose from the thermostat as well as it was in the way of the inlet.

Pictures please mate!! Really need some pics bro.

I got mine fitted took some time. I used the fittings of the standard inlet with one vacum line running to a vacum block then everything else went to that. Had to change a coolant hose from the thermostat as well as it was in the way of the inlet.

Also wtf did you do with all the old plugs and shit?

And did yours idle fine without the iacv?

Edited by Rbz.

Bit pissed off tbh, not having much luck with this atm..

Had to take A LOT off, including heater matrix hoses and various different vacuums which will no doubt give me idle issues when I go to run the car when it's done.

Poor, poor fitment tbh.. Doesn't clear the oil dip stick for a start, and doesn't clear the fuel filter hose and throttle cable 110% won't fit. because it will be too short. Also the plug won't fit for the sensor because the loom is too short meaning i'd have to extend it..

Pictures..

IMAG0135_zps8f88fc30.jpg

IMAG0133_zps41ac33f6.jpg

IMAG0132_zps856eddf6.jpg

Lol your such a woman! Just cut the loom tape n get the extra that way or extend the wires. As for the fuel filter just knock up a bracket and move it, trim the handle on the dip stick too while your modding bits. Aftermarket inlets are never easy to fit as they are bigger and sit lower than oem so the foul all sorts of shit. Mine did too and i run the same inlet as sacha from wepr does on his demo gt. Grants race tech one would of given him grief too but tbh grants a hero and custom makes so much shit it didnt give him any lol. Inlet up grade are aimed for the more modded car so you should either make it fit or pay a garage to do it. Just have a cuppa and a think amd then give it another bash dude

I had all these issues too mate. Managed to bend the dip stick tube enough to clear. The sensor I extended the cable. Will take pics for ya and post up later.

I'll try that when I have a go next. I hate wires man haha i'm so shit with them :/..

be worth it :)

will look great when its done.

Phil

Deffo, I just hate shit like this n get so stressed lol.

Oh forgot to add for the throttle cable re route it behind the servo resi pot gives loads more or ger a paseo one as they are around 50mm longer :D

Fuck you haha, I hate wires man I'm scared it won't work if I extend wires lol :(. Fml..

Bun paying a garage, they'd charge baaaare! Only ever used a garage to do my clutch lol.

Cool i'll try re-routing the throttle cable cheers man!

heres some pic of mine

car2007_zpsfd169c7c.jpg

and the vacum block

car2008_zps96ad422a.jpg

Hmmm, interesting! Thanks for the pics man.

What did you do with the vacuum that comes off the servo?

Should have a port on for the servo vac line really tbh. Or just run it off a vac port thats on the inlet. How many ports are on the inlet.

What you mean? Surely I need that bit old vacuum that goes off the servo to the back of the oem inlet don't I?

3 spare.

Yea ya do. Thats what im sayin the inlet should have a place for it or just buy a vac fitting thats big enough for the pipe bud. Just has to connected to the inlet after the tb some where.