What's it Worth? Thread

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much is This worth? Turbo'd 4efe 98 SR with 55k. Heavily Ported stock manifold, Tongs hybrid, braced, Decat, HKS PFC piggy back running 0.9bar, Factory TTE back box, brand New BC coilovers..... etcPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So due to needing a van i need to sell my sportif, whats it worth?

• full mot, passed last 2 needing absolutely nothing
  • its got 14" steelies with toyo cf2`s on, near mint less than 12 months old
  • cd clocks
  • GT interior, with blacked out door cloth to match
  • cd parcel shelf with component kit tastefully/stealthily mounted
  • cd doors, so leccy windows and central locking
  • front strut brace
  • new clutch (less than 12 months old)
  • cam belt done 6 months ago
  • recently had new discs and pads, and rear shoes
  • lowered 40mm all round, i think on apex springs, 
  • newish shocks all round, maybe 3 years ago!
  • wind deflectors
  • some nice,thick and quite new floor mats
  • about 89000 miles
  • has one key for all the locks and a different one for the ignition
  • in that fabolous toyota turqiuose, i tell people its Polynesian green!

its never ever let me down, i love it and wish i didnt have to sell it, ive also got an adjustable panhard rod i never got round to fitting

ill upload some pics when i figure out how

On 11/10/2017, 11:27:35, Pete_A said:

So due to needing a van i need to sell my sportif, whats it worth?

• full mot, passed last 2 needing absolutely nothing
  • its got 14" steelies with toyo cf2`s on, near mint less than 12 months old
  • cd clocks
  • GT interior, with blacked out door cloth to match
  • cd parcel shelf with component kit tastefully/stealthily mounted
  • cd doors, so leccy windows and central locking
  • front strut brace
  • new clutch (less than 12 months old)
  • cam belt done 6 months ago
  • recently had new discs and pads, and rear shoes
  • lowered 40mm all round, i think on apex springs, 
  • newish shocks all round, maybe 3 years ago!
  • wind deflectors
  • some nice,thick and quite new floor mats
  • about 89000 miles
  • has one key for all the locks and a different one for the ignition
  • in that fabolous toyota turqiuose, i tell people its Polynesian green!

its never ever let me down, i love it and wish i didnt have to sell it, ive also got an adjustable panhard rod i never got round to fitting

ill upload some pics when i figure out how

• 2 months later...

Im sure ive done this before but im looking to get a value on this. I personally put it at 4000 euros. http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/94961-joes-98-starlet-full-glanza-rep-tf035hm-it-lives/

N/a shell, fully resprayed less than a year ago, genuine varis spoiler, genuine livesports front lip, oem toyota bumpers & panels etc.

Rebuilt standard engine

Tf035hm @.5 bar can go to .8

Fmic with greddy piping, alloy dual core rad, Jperformance mani, downpipe & catback, exedy organic clutch disk and pressure plate 

Fully rebuilt glanza brake callipers all round, new brake pads

Lowered on shocks and new springs

Refurbished alloys diamond cut with brand new hankook tyres

Mitsubishi fto front seats, 98 spec interior & dash, trd dial surround 98 clocks, converted using full turbo wiring loom, fuel pump from a glanza V (nearly sure all ep9s use the same pump), boost gauge, 2 gauge pillar pod, short shifter.

No mot/nct needs cat converter, radiator fan, horn, airbag plug(passenger side plug missing from loom - light on), reverse switch, oil pres. Switch and a rear fog light. Would sort these out and mot it before sale

Any input or opinions appriciated just aboit had it with it now

It probably should be worth that all day with the work that's gone into it but people don't want to pay a lot for Starlets these days. Best way to know would be to fix her up, chuck it up for sale and see what similar offers you get I suppose. End of the day you don't have to take a offer your not happy with so it's just testing the water. Shame you have to sell as its a lovely looking car. Good luck.

James

5 hours ago, JamesD89 said:

It probably should be worth that all day with the work that's gone into it but people don't want to pay a lot for Starlets these days. Best way to know would be to fix her up, chuck it up for sale and see what similar offers you get I suppose. End of the day you don't have to take a offer your not happy with so it's just testing the water. Shame you have to sell as its a lovely looking car. Good luck.

James

Thanks for the input James.

It would be a real shame to let it go although due to age i can only get 3rd party insurance cover meaning any incident ill lose my arse on it. 

• 2 weeks later...

What are glanza/gt gearbox's worth now? They used to go for very little but never see any for sale I have a spare that is supposely had a rebuild at some stage using gt and levin internals I bought it as a spare spare. I'm happy to keep it but money talks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

So unfortunately the time has come to let my Glanza go.  from what I can tell I bought a pig of one and the amount it's gonna cost to fix it up is waaaaaay more than I can afford. I'm gonna be keeping hold of it for a little while and will probably end up getting another on in time but I'm just wondering what I could expect to get for it in its current state? Obviously I know this is all just rough ideas and such but I genuinely don't know where to even stat with it. so here's a quick breakdown of the car.

1997 Glanza v

120000 km's

White(but been resprayed by previous owner, Badly)

small rust patch under the rear window and along the top of the boot.

Gearbox whines but no crunches

passenger side wing was reversed into and is damaged. indicator on that side is therefore kinda of wedged in there for the moment.

car will have new brake pads (yellow stuff on front and Ultimax on the back)

has EBC grooved discs on the front

engine runs smoothly, pulls well in all gears.

has turbo timer and boots gauge.

I think that's everything. to be honest I just want some kind of rough idea and underneath the car is ver clean. I feel like someone with more time and money that me would be able to turn this into a real cracker. any advice is always appreciated.

Sounds like some of the problems with the car could be fixed quite easily mate, that's decent mileage and if the underside is clean you might struggle to find another with those miles etc in the future. If I were you I would try and get some of the issues sorted before selling for next to nothing. I'm not far away if you need a hand with anything I'd be happy to lend a hand.

James

14 minutes ago, JamesD89 said:

Sounds like some of the problems with the car could be fixed quite easily mate, that's decent mileage and if the underside is clean you might struggle to find another with those miles etc in the future. If I were you I would try and get some of the issues sorted before selling for next to nothing. I'm not far away if you need a hand with anything I'd be happy to lend a hand.

James

Hey James,

Well gotta be honest that's good news too me! The thing that kinda pushed it for me was being told it would be 2 grand to sort the bodywork out. but I think I'll take your advice as I haven't seen much about. When I get a weekend free or something I may give you a shout to pop up and just have  gander if you don't mind? really appreciate the help and advice mate.

Jason

58 minutes ago, JaseTheTaff said:

Hey James,

Well gotta be honest that's good news too me! The thing that kinda pushed it for me was being told it would be 2 grand to sort the bodywork out. but I think I'll take your advice as I haven't seen much about. When I get a weekend free or something I may give you a shout to pop up and just have  gander if you don't mind? really appreciate the help and advice mate.

Jason

No probs mate, you should see the state of the bodywork on mine. Been slowly saving for a top notch respray for over a year now. Sure let me know.

James

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In the next coming month or 2 the glanza will be off road for awhile so i can sort some issues and upgrade a few things, just wondering how much a few bits are for when it is off the road and i can take them off, up for sale will be...ct9 zisco ramhorn mani external with screamer, ct9 standard turbo i believe, jam ecu, blitz decat, poss japspeed exhaust, hdi cooler pipes and jperformance core and a tegiwa engine dampner. Ohh and maybe the bc coilovers. Cheers for any info 

• 11 months later...