Dd 40 step coilovers any good

My opinion is for a few pounds more u can join the meister groupbuy here on the forum and be safe and secure with a proven brand and have someone to shout at if u have problems. Im not slaggin the dd cause i dont know anything about them

• 1 year later...

If one company can make coilvers for £440 makes me wonder how much profit other companies make... I highly doubt the quality is that much difference and likely source parts from the same places

If one company can make coilvers for £440 makes me wonder how much profit other companies make... I highly doubt the quality is that much difference and likely source parts from the same places

This is true it's basically half the price I think if a few good reviews come back about them they could become popular

If one company can make coilvers for £440 makes me wonder how much profit other companies make... I highly doubt the quality is that much difference and likely source parts from the same placesIf one company can make coilvers for £440 makes me wonder how much profit other companies make... I highly doubt the quality is that much difference and likely source parts from the same places

A lot of the time you need to look were the company's based. These agaisnt say coilovers made the the uk the likely good the worker building these is on 50times more and hour than the forgein counter part. Then We have sky high rent and taxs in the uk which all makes higher overheads to produce the products and these are likly directly from the manufacturer were as most people buying other coilovers will be buying them from traders who have so incurred shipping charges before adding there profit margarine and passing them on to you.

Parts online from abroad or random eBay sellers are always going to be cheaper.

I understand all that. But i bet the production costs for all the major brands is not that much different. D2s retail around £600, bc and miester £800 and these after taxes etc also around £500plus. I notice miester say 'developed in the uk' not made. The fact is there isnt alot of choice so they can charge what they want. That is a much more likely situation

Think d2 and such like just pick a RRP for example I just ordered a set of there brakes and it doesn't matter what car it's for there the same price. It only changes dependant on size of kit.

Even with options wise I don't think it makes that much difference look at the price difference between wepr and other turbo kit makers they still keep there prices high despite wepr being superb quality and cheaper.

Think we are just stuck paying over the odds or taking the risk on finding cheaper products to see if the quality is on par with others.

many people use d&d here. its a Malaysian company (manufactured in china) and they actually have a d&d workshop here which is run by my mate. the quality is decent for the price. for most people it would be ample. however ride may be a little stiff.