Videos needed

Not a VXR but this is me and my mate on snetterton.

320hp EVO for the first couple of mins, then it started overboosting to about 370 lol either way not exactly running away

Me 1.6 n/a 175hp full interior.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGR704oGs9U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

lol they would cuz in their eyes all they gona see is an evo running away ... when we know that this ep not only has no turbo but is less than half as powerful... but they wont to hear that ...

for what it is mate i think u did hellla good cuz most things cant keep up with a 300 hp evo

No how can they try give me shit if a car without a bloody turbo gave a Evo, a 4 wheel drive turbo a good run? Don't have to be a genius to work out that the Starlet is doing well considering how much it's worth

Lets face it they are shit lol. The suspension design is far from the least worst ever designed, and there's no replacement for displacement I'm afraid. The only thing that goes in their favor is weight.

Adam so why do you own a Starlet? Like seriously? If you think they are that shit you wouldn't have one and wouldn't be on a Starlet forum. You know when your in your car behind the steering wheel giving it some you don't call it shit. You've got to admit it gives you a huge smile on your face.

Edited by Aamir

No how can they try give me shit if a car without a bloody turbo gave a Evo, a 4 wheel drive turbo a good run? Don't have to be a genius to work out that the Starlet is doing well considering how much it's worth

cuz only a moron who CANT see things like this would be having this arguement with u in the first place

thats my point... if you ask anyone on here they will tell u that a modified civic in the right hands is a serious weapon ... does that mean they like civic hells no i hate them but i have a brain so i cann accept facts

these morons your dealing with cant accepts facts on top of which they have no car so know nothing about speed them selves ... oki may be daddy drives a fast car but thats dont mean shit.... these guys your dealing with are dum

Ah the good old college days of kids saying 'this would beat that' and 'my mates got a vxr.....its gotta be quick because its got a vxr badge on it'.

It's all bollocks to be honest but if you want to shut them up, just show them this:

:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et3VBNm6jjo

4E engine :)

Plus....if they don't have a car just call them a bus wanker and drive off while running past a puddle :)

I get this EVERY time i go to college aswell haha, go for week blocks every 4 or 6 or 8 weeks. Anyway whilst i was building my old GT over 8 months or so everyone was saying theres no point, its old, it'll be slow, its only a 1.3 blah blah. Well when it was done i took it through to college and took a few different lads out in it to change their minds (by scaring the shit out of them) lol, also absolutely destroyed a Clio 197 and a Corsa VXR which are owned by boys in my class :D Will be even better when the 4paw is done :)

Oh ok don't race them then lol

lol

Lets face it they are shit lol. The suspension design is far from the least worst ever designed, and there's no replacement for displacement I'm afraid. The only thing that goes in their favor is weight.

fucking lol ;)

If you can give me a day I'll upload my track videos, against the Time Attack Courteney Astra VXR around Donnigton ;)

Even im waiting for these ha!

Hahahah this is true tho. Rear beam is beyond hash. Doesnt mean we dont like starlets dude, but you cant say they dont have their faults. Everything does. But yea the starlets strongest point is its weight advantage.

Adam so why do you own a Starlet? Like seriously? If you think they are that shit you wouldn't have one and wouldn't be on a Starlet forum. You know when your in your car behind the steering wheel giving it some you don't call it shit. You've got to admit it gives you a huge smile on your face.

Dont be silly now Aamir, adam jokes about them being pants (see his LOL)and then he outlines the well known shortcomings of the ep chassis nothing but the facts.

as Rob has also mentioned the only advantage of a starlet is the lack of weight.

Plenty of cars out there are better bases for performance, but because of the easily tuned 4efte engine and lack of weight you can get a decent spurt out of a td04/5 starlet without needing mega cash.

Phil

Edited by Philm

I got told a 300bhp nova would give my 360bhp gt a good go... I just laughed at them.

No one else in our town will be running a 400bhp daily. I dont know anyone in my town or my age that has a car able to beat 911s all day long.

Who wants a disastra vxr... Tax, tyres and insurance aint cheep or modifying them!

Videos uploading, here's a couple of others though from the past. This was on TD04 @ 1.2bar boost (230/40bhp)

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-QJD7RttZU - Donnigton (Had to record my mate in his evo for a couple of laps)

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZxbCG6ZAao - First time at Silverstone (Watch from 3min, warm up lap)

Edited by Jamie1st