4EFE-T - Oli's UK EP91

Afternoon folks,

Just a quick thread showing a cool little project we got involved in a few months ago.

Oli has set about turning his UK EP91 into a Glanza, and decided to turbo his 4EFE for something to do in the meantime!

The engine is an average mileage 4EFE, with no internal changes. The sump has been modified to accept a turbo oil return, and the 4EFTE oil filter & thermostat housings have been used to gain the oil feed and water lines for the turbo. 4EFTE Flywheel & Clutch have been installed also.

4EFTE Injectors have been used along with an EManage Blue Kit, Turbo kit is one of our TD04L Kits with a 0.6bar wastegate spring.

The car also has a Corolla G6 gearbox fitted which works really well in the little Starlet chassis.

The end result was 170bhp with 172lb.ft torque. Manual windows, No sunroof, No aircon and no power steering keep the weight nice and low and its really good fun to drive!

We'll be turning the boost up after xmas and see how much the stock engine will handle.

703562_582896275101022_1983220127_o.jpg

1276199_582544961802820_821958894_o.jpg

Kind regards

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

• 1 month later...

Car has ran flawless since before JAE, more boost is on the cards after Christmas.

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

How far do you think you can push it Mike ?

More boost = More smiles!!!! 4efe-t is epic!

Thought about doing yours Jamie ?

Yes mate I've been considering it for a bit now and really want to do it, I'll be hoping to use TD as well, just need to get the ball rolling and see how much it will cost altogether!

You should do it, no point getting an FTE because it'll just be fucked lol. Turbo'ing FE's is where its at haha.

Looking at going to 0.8bar and seeing how it copes with it.Should make a nice amount more power.CheersMike JonesTuning Developments Ltd

Sounds promising, has the HG been changed at all, still on the 9.6-1 comp ratio yeah ? Its just ive just done the same thing myself with a JDM n/a motor.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for jumping in on an old post, But how much does this set up cost? I have a uk spec ep91 with glanza kit and was going to get a fte engine and do a conversion that way, But would save a whole lot of money,

Cheers