Zisco plenum. 50/50 feed back.

Right, where do I start with this topic really.

From the start obviously...... twat.

So I noticed the plenums for sale, got in touch with keith about it, asked the normal questions etc. All was well and decided to go ahead with it as it seemed like a jolly good idea at the time! As most things do..

Received it in literally a matter of about 2 working days which I was absolutely amazed with it being such fast delivery. So thumbs up there!

Got the oem inlet off. Lined up the new one to find out that the dip stick was in the way, as well as the fuel filter return pipe from the fuel rail. So, here was my first issue. I didn't know what to do, in the end I got in touch with an extremely helpful member of the forum who has helped me throughout the process.

So after speaking to him, he told me to bend the dipstick out which I did, in order to clear the end chamber of the plenum. And as for the fuel return I worked that out myself.

Next on the list was the heater matrix hose that runs from the top of the block to the bulkhead. It didn't fit for shit basically! So I had to buy a new meter of hose and re-route it myself.

So that was done. Then the next thing was throttle cable. The oem one was too short so I had to buy a new universal one which I made fit. That is also done now thankfully!

After all that was done I started the car, to find it idling like absolute wankleton and had a vac leak somewhere. Obviously the new plenums have no iacv so has to be set up on the throttle body. Which is yet to be done, as i'm trying to trace this god forsaken leak.

All in all here are some ratings out of 10 which I feel is fair.

Fitment to head - 10.

Welds - 6.

Design (flow wise) - 10.

Fitment - Negative 2.

Cost - 10. (cheap).

Points I would like to raise.

Keith is a nice guy, and no offence meant in any of this thread but holy fucking hell fire mate, you've got to tell people what is going to be involved because this shit just isn't on. While I appreciate you DID tell me about the throttle cable, literally NOTHING else was mentioned until I actually said. I.e - I said I had to bent the dipstick and you agree'd.. So why didn't you tell me before lol?

Furthermore, regarding the fittings for the boost pipes. Massive ball ache. Spent over £25 on different sizes because people told me to get them. Which neither fitted. When I asked Keith he also said he didn't know but would get back to me (2 days ago)... No reply as of yet but has viewed my messages (Y)... Cheers. They said they don't supply the fittings because they don't know what size boost pipe people have. So 1 - Why not actually tell people what size fittings to buy or 2. supply fittings and tell people to buy new vac pipe to fit because it is a hell of a lot cheaper and 3. have a range of fittings that people can choose from depending on what size vac pipe they have.

How hard is it...

What I feel is that they have been more than happy to take my money and then after that the customer service was pretty poor regarding helping me/giving me info until I found out myself.

So i'm left in a bit of a situation with the car as it's not running and when it does it idles like shit. So I honestly don't know what to do. Feel like just weighing it in right now!

Don't close/delete this thread. Everyone needs to see this and it needs to be discussed.

Regards, Rob.

Did you do a search before buying one?

Did you buy it for performance gains or just the cosmetic look?

Ive read your post, but I'm trying so hard not to reply. As this is all to be expected.

No, why should I have to? I should be told by the seller that modifications would have to be made, not by another member who has had the same issues.

Both.

Reply all you want mate, I don't care lol.

And no it's not to be expected. What I expected was an inlet that fitted fine and worked. Had I been told I needed to make modifications i wouldn't of minded.

I'm in Harlow at the moment getting a trim at the barber's. I'll see you at the meet tonight and we can chat there.

But like ive said before in other threads... once going custom inlet, expwct to have to make other custom changes too as its not like swopping out a ct9 kit for a another turbo kit... and even that can come with custom changes.

And the racetech inlet mani is the same by the way.... I'm running one.

Just put the stock inlet back on? Does sound like a right ball bag, not gonna lie, the welding on some of them does look abit helm so hopefully the leak is just a vac not the weld. Dont break the car because of that tho, cant be defeated by an inlet manifold lol.

I'm in Harlow at the moment getting a trim at the barber's. I'll see you at the meet tonight and we can chat there.

But like ive said before in other threads... once going custom inlet, expwct to have to make other custom changes too as its not like swopping out a ct9 kit for a another turbo kit... and even that can come with custom changes.

And the racetech inlet mani is the same by the way.... I'm running one.

Yeah alright geez speak to you later then.

I literally wouldn't mind changing anything but I just wasn't explained ANYTHING except the throttle cable. That's what has pissed me off about it all.

Just put the stock inlet back on? Does sound like a right ball bag, not gonna lie, the welding on some of them does look abit helm so hopefully the leak is just a vac not the weld. Dont break the car because of that tho, cant be defeated by an inlet manifold lol.

Fuck datttt shinolah!

I did think of putting the oem one back on but that will be so gay haha I've spent so much money on other bits and bobs and stuff to get it working! Nearly there though and i'm 99.9% sure it runs shit because of the injector earth being in a shit place which is my bad I will admit to that so i'll sort that out when I get time to work on it next.

No slander towards Zisco what so ever. I think they're a fantastic company with some absolutely amazing products and they're a bunch of cracking people.

I'm just not entirely happy with how this has been handled really. Maybe it's just me expecting more, I don't know. I've never bought something like this before so forgive me if i'm wrong but I wouldn't know any different.

No slander towards Zisco what so ever. I think they're a fantastic company with some absolutely amazing products and they're a bunch of cracking people.

I'm just not entirely happy with how this has been handled really. Maybe it's just me expecting more, I don't know. I've never bought something like this before so forgive me if i'm wrong but I wouldn't know any different.

I dont think its unrealistic to expect a manufacturer of any component to provide relevant details on the installation and possible problems that can be encountered during said installation of their products having said that Zisco is not exactly a huge company and I would imagine they are very busy so getting time to release information such as this could be hard however I think that with components such as these (far from cheap and not exactly "bot on") it should be a priority to give the buyer as much information as possible :thumbsup:

Edited by DudFunk

You shouldn't have modified anything once you knew it wouldn't fit. You should have put your old inlet back on and sent the plenum back to Zisco straight away. If they don't want to modify the item to suit, shop elsewhere.

Now you have a bent dipstick, modified throttle cable and long hose that you will have to re-modify if you ever take that item off again :(

Edited by Jamie5414

I can see why your frustrated, should of been told about needing modding to fit, or that you would need to buy other parts to have it working, but as said above, im sure Keith will shed some light on it.

P.s it is a very sexual intake :)

You shouldn't have modified anything once you knew it wouldn't fit. You should have put your old inlet back on and sent the plenum back to Zisco straight away. If they don't want to modify the item to suit, shop elsewhere.

Now you have a bent dipstick, modified throttle cable and long hose that you will have to re-modify if you ever take that item off again :(

Kind of have to agree with you there man, unfortunately for me I did the opposite and I went ahead with everything cause I just wanted it on. Now i'm way too deep to turn back and put the oem plenum back on.

Hey ho, you live and learn.

I've got one aswell and have seen 2 fitted in person. To be honest although i agree that we should have been told about the modifications that have to be made, its not that big of a deal. There has been a few thread discussing fitment of the zisco inlet, so a bit of research would have went a long way. I always have a look for tips etc whenever im fitting new parts to save me running into problems. Also for the price and performance gains, aswell as aesthetics its not that much of a hassle.

I've got one aswell and have seen 2 fitted in person. To be honest although i agree that we should have been told about the modifications that have to be made, its not that big of a deal. There has been a few thread discussing fitment of the zisco inlet, so a bit of research would have went a long way. I always have a look for tips etc whenever im fitting new parts to save me running into problems. Also for the price and performance gains, aswell as aesthetics its not that much of a hassle.

Oh right has there, I've not seen it? You got a link to any of them mate?

Fair enough, I do understand where people are coming from regarding having looked in to it a little better which I probably agree, I should have done. Yet at the same time as a seller I PERSONALLY would have made sure it was either written in the thread that they are sold from or told the in's and out's via pm upon payment. Just a little paragraph on the basics, what to expect etc. Other than the throttle cable which I was made aware about nothing else was mentioned as I said.

Mate the racetec ones are a cycling nightmare as well, my mate mikes took weeks to be delivered and then every face had to be re machined as nothing was flat at all it's the joys of custom parts I guess

Fucking hell really! That's really bad man. Hate things like this haha.

Are you all running big torque curves with these fitted hope so or ?????is it worth it unless after 350 bhp or a 5e to see any gains at all if any why not just mod the throttle body it self for 80 mm of another car (Evo) .....

Maybe Jay could shed some light on this, he's got one of their race spec versions, I'm sure he had to do some modifying but as to what I don't actually know.

My understanding is that all inlets on the market require modding in someway or another so its kinda to be expected whether you research into the Zisco one or Race-Tech they both really come under fire with the same kinda fitment issues.

Lol i cant be arsed to read all the replies but!

My mate baretta had a tmd one. Needed mods to fit

grant has a racetech needed mods to fit

i have a custom one like sacha at wepr's demo car. Needed mods to fit.

see a pattern developing here? Thing is an inlet is a massive upgrade and wont fit without mods due to the space left by the oem inlet. Yes they should say moding of the area will be required but if you have read any build with an uprated inlet you would see the moding required with half an eye mate.

sort of like buying forged pistons then moaning you need to take the block apart and bore out the cylinders to fit. Welcome to starlets mate modding to fit shit is common. If you arnt capable of making it work take it to a garage that is.