Glanza Crash Damage :(

Feel for both of you proper sickening feeling! However though the chassis is a very strong piece, pressed steel wishbones, piddly struts etc etc a take damage and can affect how it drives. If i were you i would replace arms, struts, arbs, etc etc anything suspension then see as it does take a fair whack to bend chassis componentd. Especially on the trueno morgey!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel for both of you proper sickening feeling! However though the chassis is a very strong piece, pressed steel wishbones, piddly struts etc etc a take damage and can affect how it drives. If i were you i would replace arms, struts, arbs, etc etc anything suspension then see as it does take a fair whack to bend chassis componentd. Especially on the trueno morgey!

theres a pole shaped dent in it! ill get some pics up when i get some shelter sorted. I've had someone around who works in damage/repair/bodywork and he seems to think it would need jigging. :(

id love to save it but cant warrent spending £700 on jigging. then new wing, door, mirror (all painted), track rod, then knowing my luck various super strut parts. plus i think the passenger side had a part of the super strut gone anyway which i think (may) have cause me to loose it, i was going to check it but didnt get around to it. might have saved all this grief!

.you can spend nearly 1k replacing the SS parts on either side so if theyre fubar'd then theres loads more cost!

me and you both.

hard to see the damage on yours, other than the front cross member. i wouldnt waste your time jigging it, id buy a new straight shell and be done with it. halfords tool kit jack and axle stands and an engine hoist and you're away. swap all your good parts over and sell the remaining bits. (doors mirrors bonnet boot engine etc) and your'll be quids in :)

take the good with the bad, thats what im doing.

I've just reshelled my glanza and it took me a good 3 weeks to get it done. I had no mechanical experience really except changing radiator and servicing. I wasnt out every day all day to be fair so I'd say its a solid weeks work to do it right. Its a tough job man, sadly my cars no where near done and it still needs a good few grand pumped into it to get it where i want it. (respray, remap, new coilovers etc...) Once its complete it will be totally worth it but its a lot of hard work man. Dont rush anything if you do go to do it as you will have to redo it later if its not right.

oh and theres loads of differences between 96-97 and 98-99 models so stick to the same one u have. I had to cut new holes for wiring looms and swap the dash etc...

Good luck with whatever you plan to do mate

@Teta, the suspension shock was the first thing i changed as i heard that is one of the most common things that would cause the wheel to be out of position :/ sadly it didnt fix it.

Well hopefully if i end up getting a shell i would have to buy one with the loom already in and all that i would really wanna do is just swap the whole engine with most of the mods still on it to make it easier! thw worst thing is the day i crashed was the day that my 5 month project was "finished", happened on the way home :( guuted to say the least.

Took the car for a spin last night and the engine and everything was running sweet but where there is an existing problem with the steering and one of the wheels not being quite right it was easy to turn left but turning right felt like i was fighting against the camber for the initial part of the turn, so i dont really know what to do as whatever is out of alignment must only be slightly which is why i still dont really know what im going to do. If it was badly damaged then i would reshell without a doubt, or even if the damage was visable there might have been something i could do more obviously rather than just changing ever part until the problem is fixed :/

Thanks for the responses guys!

Brendon

Go to Ireland.. Buy it.. ring your insurance and swap it over. You DONT need to do anything else if you buying from NORTHERN Ireland. It's part of the UK.

If it's southern ireland, dont even bother. There VOSA and DVLA equivalent are an absolute nightmare from previous experience.

Don't quote me on this but import tax is paid when the vehicle first enters the Europe

Therefore when imported from Japan that's when it gets paid

I didn't pay any tax

It's 50 quid registration fee and road tax must be purchased at time of registration

Vehicle must be insured also (documents sent with registration forms)

Ring dvla and ask for a import pack :)

Try change the wishbone on your car Brendon. Then change the hub. Try change all the things which could have been damaged when you hit it. Never know you may get lucky and get it sorted

Lad its the bend in the front cross member have your chassis legs pulled in. get the front bit cut out of a breaker here and get the right bit welded in. I had mine cut n welded at the crease on the chassis leg just behind the headlight. Held strong even the next time I crashed too

Yeah i have looked into that option and i think i have found out what i need to buy but it needs to be welded in and im worried if it was cut out the new one wouldnt match :/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221166741274?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Thinking of buying it as its pretty cheap

Thanks,

Brendon