Josh's Faded JDM Racecar! スターレット 15/05/14

Welcome to > Josh's Faded JDM Racecar! (Revamp thread a little)

Whats happening people?!!

Okay so as many of you know me on here by now, you will know that I've been wanting a Glanza for ages!, However due to circumstances, money issues, im keeping my N/a Faded Shitbox ;)! Now resisting the title bit to explain what im going for, Basically im going for a Jdm Track spec slut!, with the possibility of actually doing some track days this year. So to recap, i started this thread in November with 57k miles, Glanza spoiler and bumper, Rolla mani and Apexi Airfilter!. Since this thread started, spoiler has gone, and ive acquired a few parts ;)

Haven't had much love for this car until recently, when i finally made a decision on what to do this year, and with japfest closing in, it's time to get my ass in gear!!. Okay so glanza spoiler came of when jet washed, so thats sold, still got the Rolla mani and Apexi Airfilter. Would like to acquire just the glanza front as have plans for a mean JDM look at the rear, but we shall see what funds allow :p

Parts that i have aquired, (Steering wheel, Ht leads, few other bits) will be fitted at the end of month April 14, As insurance will allow mods, till then its cosmetic and cleaning! Bought some meguiars to be cleaning once paintwork is sorted a bit!

Watch This space people!, Project Faded Jdm Racecar is a coming :thumbsup:

Edited by Starlet-Joshy
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys so the cars home and well and had a look round and only noticed a few things wrong. In which these being the gas struts on the rear boot-lid have failed and drops on its own when open. A few little bits of rust on the D/s door and general filth with the car.

I spent a good couple of hours cleaning the car today Using G3 and just doing a bit of the outside to bring the colour back. I still need to do the inside, full valet and maybe some seat covers to cover the gash fabric. Also need to degrees the engine bay as its filthy as fuck and im a little ocd when it comes to that.

Many plans to do, should be polishing some more tomorrow providing weather holds up (its Britain tho).

Any whoo, here's some pics to tide you lot over, sorry for the late upload! :thumbsup:

Here's the engine bay in need of some loving :give_rose:

IMG_0621_zps09c405f1.jpg

Side view!

IMG_0622_zps623e1d9c.jpg

ASS DOE!!

IMG_0624_zps738f6205.jpg

** Yes i know the rear plate is illegal this is getting changed on monday! :) **

Faded maybe? ;)

IMG_0634_zps08bde11e.jpg

IMG_0647_zps9ce33ea4.jpg

After some loving !!!! 8)

IMG_0655_zpsfdaf23cd.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmmmm.. Decided i would give a lil update for this piece of shit haha.

So decided to keep the car after its got classed as a write off. Needs a Vic check and a Engineer's report, Great lol. Anyway only really just replaced the front bumper and that, got a few plans, nothing major die to me getting a glanza towards April time. Needs some jap plates so thats on the cards, 6x9's should be here soon. This is my workhorse, lol so not to fussed about bodywork atm, may give it some tlc though, already washed a polished it a few times.

Actually dont know what the wheels are on it lol, Toyota corolla ones maybe?, Need to get some nuts to put rotas on hehe

When i gave it a wash few weeks ago lol, been shite weather since

IMG_0661_zpse9a33953.jpg

IMG_1209_zpsc2da07ce.jpg

The bay atm, ( Why are the top mount bolts that way round???, The holes are covered up the over side?

IMG_1304_zps0643af3a.jpg

Side view! This is the side thats faded?, Dont think it will mop, its gone back to primer i think haha

IMG_1401_zps73430fc5.jpg

Changing the bumper and headlight due to the crash, (Why because Racecar)

And last a BEFORE - DURING - AFTER :)

IMG_1404_zpsd4f54f87.jpg

Maybe some updates to come, depending if the insurance get there finger out there ass and give me my £500!!! :)

Ahhh found ya!

If you get it resprayed change the colour. I could have easily done that and now I regret it. I love it red but a nice pearl blue or just black woulda been maaaaad!

Hehe!!

Think im gonna leave the paint bud really and just drive it :), If time flys ill have my glanza soon enough :)

Edited by Starlet-Joshy

Gonna be able to update this little thing tomorrow, as i have now got some new interior!, Less granny, more racekor look (deliberately spelt wrong;) )

Gained A Bride (genuine) drivers Seat, Gt passenger seat and gt covered n/a rear bench.

Many thanks to ryan lang! for today of selling these to me and fitting!, Much appreciated mate,

Pics to come tomorrow!!! :)

Gonna be able to update this little thing tomorrow, as i have now got some new interior!, Less granny, more racekor look (deliberately spelt wrong;) )

Gained A Bride (genuine) drivers Seat, Gt passenger seat and gt covered n/a rear bench.

Many thanks to ryan lang! for today of selling these to me and fitting!, Much appreciated mate,

Pics to come tomorrow!!! :)

Okay update!

So fuck knows why it just posted two yesterday lol, but anyway, changed my granny interior to something a bit more racekor lol. Big thanks to ryan lang for selling these to me cheap and im gutted his starlet got hit. So drivers seat is a Legit Bride seat, brix maybe i cant remember the models lol, The passanger is a Gt turbo seat! and the rear bench is from a starlet just recovered with gt material. Overall the bride is fucking awesome! Holds you in perfect and so comfy compared to original! Only two little tears in the bride, however i plan on putting two patches over these and sowing them up just to give it that racing wound look ;)

Here's some pics as promised, im starting to get into loving this thing but do want a glanza, we will see what the future holds!! :p

( My bad if photo's arnt good quality did quickly take them and will get me camera out and take proper photo's :)

IMG_1605_zpsa1e7d9aa.jpg

IMG_1608_zps9370a50a.jpg

IMG_1607_zpsf34191d0.jpg

More updates soon!!

Cool we car, cheap and cheerful

Cheers bud, im slowly falling in love with it! :)

Looking good mate shame about the faded side of it though :(.

Liking the interior though buddy.

Cheers buddy appreciate it!,

Need to get that side resprayed i think and cheers bud!, Always wanted a bride seat, so comfy!! :)

was a pleasure bud :) i know you've had shit luck with these cars just like i have so thought id help out :)

glad you like them :) did you get the speakers working after?

ryan

Really appreciate it bud! and yeah hopefully will have better luck this year!,Cheers!

Gonna have a look at speakers tomorrow at work see if i can get em to work

Cheers bud! :)

Much better bud :) hopefully this one won't be wrote off , breaking your car are you Ryan?

not just yet mate, hoping to buy it back from insurance and use it for rally cross next year, but i need a fixed bucket for that anyway so may aswell get shot of the seat now