Suspension Options for GL Starlet EP70

i have an ep70 and it needs to be dropped as its handles like a boat, and ive fitted 15s just wondering if theres any upgrades shocks and springs wise as i cant afford coil overs or justify it as its only a daily.

do i get some ep70 lowering springs on standard shocks 40mm drop?

would i gain anything from using standard ep82 or glanza suspension?

aftermarket shocks and springs combo for a ep82 or glanza do they fit? ie 40mm drop on aftermarket springs? or would it sit to high or will it sit lower?. only reason i ask ive had owned hondas aswell and still do, and i know you have issues if you use EG suspension on an ED/EF/EC civic chassis and will cause the civic to sit high has eg shocks are longer, just wondering if thats the similar case to starlets.

any help would be appreciated as cant seem to find much info on compatibility of the newer starlet parts on the older ep70 model

this is how it sits now

1465255_692822244069640_1202982937_n_zps

Id leave it as is, not worth doing anything to it, but if you do you will have to get 40mm springs and shocks from a ep82/91. They will fit with modification, the fronts need adjustment to the brake lines holders and top mounts changed for the ep70 ones. Rear shocks are longer on an ep82/91 so wont be a 40mm drop, my only be around 30-35mm

Ep82 or 91 complete struts fit handy depending on the hubs on your car some have 17mm bolts some have 19mm bolts if you already have hubs with 19mm bolts all that needs to be done is drill out the top mount bolts a tiny bit and the whole lot will then bolt on and then make a brake line bracket job done

As above. Try to find some EP91 GAB struts if you can, they have adjustable shocks but fixed spring platform. I've had them in my EP71's before and they fit well (just need to swap the top hats in the front so they bolt in) and they make the car sit level front to back which as stated above is not always the case.

Sorry this is the only photo I can find at short notice - let me know if you want more.

3.jpg

The bolt pattern/spacing is different from EP71 to EP82/91. Swap the plates over and the struts bolt in rather than hacing to drill out the holes. Not sure what the rules are like over there but here it wouldn't pass an inspection with the body holes drilled out.

yea i know how picky they can be in the WOF tests in nz, when i was out there last year with my dad we had to put his corolla through, i check everything up to uk standard seem fine but, failed on silly little things, some garages really dont go easy on the tests!

thanks for all your help guys

think im just going to go for some cheap lowering springs have anybody used these PRO SPORT LOWERING SPRINGS TOYOTA STARLET 1.0 1.3 1.5D 84>90 ?

ebay link is here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150869942920?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

just wondering what the rides like and how the car sitted on these

Cheers again