fitting glanza number plate surround?

hi, got a glanza number plate surround with the reverse lights in. test fitted it before painting and wanted to make sure the reverse lights actually lit up when i put it in reverse. ive got it all plugged in correctly and swapped over but the dont light up. the standard NA reverse light is still in so was thinkin that ill have to connect the reverse light wires to the new reverse light wiring on the plate surround loom?

how have people done this on the N/A's?

sorry if i havnt explained it very well but hopefully you can get what i mean!

Sam.

I ran a wire from the revers light on the car up through the roof lining and into the boot lid through with the rest of the wiring then just connected it up in the boot lid to the lamps. works a treat on mine. also you can remove the old bulb or cut the wire off altogether or even leave it so it works as well!!

cheers for the help lads! all sorted now, also think i may paint the old reverse light on the passenger side red then split the wire to the fog light and splice in another wire and run it to the old reverse light so i can have 2 fogs on the rear. not really any use, just tidies it up and doesnt leave a section of the light unused!

sam

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...