Max horsepower you can get from a ct9 turbo ???? is it worth going td04?

Up to 200 @ 1bar on CT9 and all depends on what you are looking to achieve

Decent TD04 set up up to £1000 second hand, £1300 new another £250-£500 management then £250 for mapping would see around 235bhp @1bar on TD04

John

Edited by ro55ifumi

Thanks Guys! think ill stick to the Ct9 atm and save up for a Td04 later on! whats the best management to use on a ct9?

So over a grand for 20bhp....rather strip it out and make the handling top notch imo, plug n play ecu will do the job for the ct9 set up then sell it when you go td04 as the plug n plays keep their value all day :)

cheers! okay so say i get a blitz access ecu would that work on my ct9?

yeah it would be fine, you can run a td04 on one as well if you ever decided to upgrade later on! You'll need to get it on the rolling road to make sure it's fueling correctly though to be on the safe side!

My CT9 did 190hp, and my TD04 is 217. The cost to get that extra 30hp was loads, but the way it drives is totally different. TD04 seems to be more fuel efficient too as it boosts later up the rpm.

Also, you can use a piggyback ECU - emanage blue or something, cheaper than standalone but better than the FCD/RRFPR etc route. Tuning Developments do mapping, and sell TD04 kits but make sure they have improved the manifold design. Mine and others have cracked in half.

Edited by Arnold
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive got td04 and ive been in a ct9. So ill say have you considered the k24 or the tf035. These are still good for over 200bhp. But with much better spool up. Just something for u to consider rather then a td04

if you choose to change turbo set up then you will have to change mani/down pipe set up i would only ever use a zisco or wepr set up as all the rest crack...personally i'd stay away from the blitz and mines,etc ecu's they're preprogrammed to another persons set up..people say they're self learning is a crock of shit go for either a e-manage ultimate or if you have a dastek tuner near by go for one of those ...the beauty of the td04 is they are plentiful and cheap!!;),td04 go for 1 bar on standard internals..but if you are upping the power DO NOT FORGET TOO UPGRADE THE BRAKES!!!..:)

#

Go for a TD/VF series setup, start with a TD04, if you find it too big (doubt it) you can put on a TF035 turbo which is slightly smaller, or swap on a VF series turbo for more power, there is a huge range to choose from, and of course TD05s aswell. The best thing about these kits is the turbos are all the same flange (99% of the time)

Can personally vouch for Zisco kits :)