Lee's Red Starlet Sportif! - R.I.P

So, not much progress with the car at the minute! but the other night I went and picked up and OEM parcel shelf with OEM Sony speakers and a front splitter from pinske! :) so they shall be fitted soon! I'll have to find the loom for the shelf first though! and also some 96 spec clear corners arrived thanks to Socks for those!:) so I'll be getting them fitted at some point as well :)

Pictures will follow soon!

Lee :)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this weekend I got the parcel shelf fitted! :)and I got the loom out of the rear quarter which was a challenge to say the least. Finding the loom was the easy part, but putting the plastics back in with out braking any trim clips was the hard part!

To get the loom through the plastics I just got hole drill bit cutter and cut a hole through it. However the speakers sound so much better now! and you don't have to turn your volume right up to hear the radio :) I also think it looks quite cool too.

IMG_06971_zpse7488598.jpg

IMG_06981_zps2a1fb165.jpg

IMG_06991_zps236fd535.jpg

I also trial fitted my front splitter, I just need to get some self tapping screws and cut a couple of holes in the front bumper to put the slats through! :)

IMG_06951_zps643106c2.jpg

I also had a look at fitting my 96 spec clear side repeaters, I didn't think they looked right just grey so I opened them up, cleaned the 17 years worth of mud and dirt out of them and painted the silver bit black :) I think it gives the car a bit of a meaner look but I'm undecided on whether I want to fit them yet as I think the amber corners suit the red starlets better! I would sell them for the right price though ;) so If anyone is wanting a set send me a PM with an offer! :thumbsup:

Just grey

IMG_06801_zps990c01d9.jpg

insides painted black

IMG_06901_zps893f8877.jpg

IMG_07041_zpsa68321e9.jpg

I also gave the car a good clean up as it was absolutely pitted in mud and sand!

IMG_06961_zps4801e5aa.jpg

one when I was washing it and caught the Capri in the background

IMG_07021_zps146d2a54.jpg

Lee :)!

So the other day I though id take a couple of pictures while I was out...

IMG_07101_zpsa6e81a2f.jpg

IMG_07121_zps8aceee5d.jpg

IMG_07141_zpse2fd21dc.jpg

And today I decided I would fit my front splitter! :) I think it looks pretty good! just finishes the front end off nicely

IMG_07371_zps6f668b00.jpg

IMG_07391_zps132386e1.jpg

IMG_07411_zps5ae0cacc.jpg

IMG_07431_zpsea15aeb6.jpg

I've also just bought a red JDM tow hook so I'll see how that looks fitted! :) Next things I want to do is fit the jap size plate to the front, get a new drivers seat or glanza interior,jap can backbox and some coliovers or lowering springs! Side strips will eventually removed but I like the granny spec look at the minute ;) after I've done all that engine mods will be on the cards!

Cheers

Lee:)

• 2 weeks later...

Not that there's much to update you all on but I fitted my front strut brace back on with a slight modification to miss the fuel filter! and just been giving her a general clean up! funds are tight at the minute so I haven't been getting as much done as I would like to but at the end of the day it is a project! :)

Here's a few pics for now!

IMG_08211_zpsde9e75bf.jpg

IMG_08081_zpsf97c10a7.jpg

IMG_08101_zps22bb70ee.jpg

IMG_08181_zps134b8647.jpg

IMG_08191_zpsbe78f587.jpg

Looking good mate!

My strut was a bitch to fit with that fuel filter, pain in the ass lol!

Keep em coming! :)

Cheers Josh! :)

Yeah, I fitted on and it was touching the fuel filter quite a bit, so I just gave the strut brace a bit of a tap with a hammer ;)

Will do buddy! :thumbsup:

Just a small update!

Went to the scrap yard this morning and got some little bits and pieces, idle air control valve, trim clips and screws and an OEM rubber floor mat to protect my OEM carpet ones because they're getting covered in mud and dirt! Also,the other day i gave the wiper arms a coat of satin black just to tidy them up :)

In the next week or so I'll be going back to the scrap yard and getting a corolla inlet manifold so we'll see how that goes! I should be getting a Cusco rear brace in the next month or so too! :)

Oh, and a mate also did a Pixar of the starlet! :)..

Here's a few pics!

The Pixar

IMG_08241_zpscc74a90c.jpg

OEM Toyota rubber mat

IMG_08441_zps468c081e.jpg

The OEM Starlet carpet mats. They really need a clean up!

IMG_08451_zpsbb33527a.jpg

and finally the wipers!

IMG_08461_zpsef3af87a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So over the past couple of weeks I haven't really done much to the starlet, but I have fitted some red Kode wing and bracket bolts. I stole the idea from Starlet-Joshy ;) sorry mate! and I've given a couple of the brackets a lick of paint! :) I also had to roll the arches because when I had people in the back of the car it was scraping the tyres.

I've also noticed a patch of rust that's getting worse and its really annoying me haha! so I'll be hammerite Kurusting it, sanding, filling and painting it this weekend if the weathers alright :) I've also bought some NGK iridium spark plugs from Id-workz , so they'll be getting fitted when they turn up :)

I also went to the scrap yard to get a corolla manifold off, Got to the last few bolts and I noticed it had a little hairline crack :( and it was the only rolla with the right manifold they had in! so I'll get one off when they get another one in! :p

Lee

IMG_08851_zpsa525390f.jpg

IMG_08861_zpsb8c9b9b2.jpg

IMG_08871_zps026b8d75.jpg

IMG_08891_zpsf2920b94.jpg

IMG_08881_zps286af855.jpg

IMG_08771_zpsbce0bee9.jpg

Nice updates buddy! Its the little things that make a difference! :p

Cheers mate! :) yeah it is! :thumbsup:

Update-

So, My iridium NGK plugs turned up so I got those fitted! Thanks to Id-Workz for those :thumbsup: I also repaired the rust on my O/S wheel arch. I think it looks a lot better than it was, even though the paint match isn't 100% but its the best I could do with an aerosol, overall I'm pretty pleased with the outcome :)

I also decided to spray my window surround black :) Let me know what you think as I was in two minds about it!

Few pics!

IMG_09001_zpsb1e0497f.jpg

Rust Before!

IMG_08891_zpsbeef0c40.jpg

IMG_08881_zps286af855.jpg

Repaired and treated! :)

IMG_09071_zps7a0246a5.jpg

Black window surrounds!

IMG_09011_zps60a1cf40.jpg

Import plate will be fitted soon :)

IMG_09051_zps594abbfe.jpg

IMG_09061_zps59eb0b92.jpg

Looks good with the black surround mate! :)

That job of that rust is really good also!

Cheers buddy! I wasn't really sure about them, but it growing on me! :)

and cheers! :thumbsup: hasn't came out too bad considering it was done with an aerosol

• 3 weeks later...

Not much to update you all on but I've done a couple of things, I've fitted the import style front numberplate and I've given the interior a good clean up and I've painted the callipers satin black to tidy them up :) I've also made up some card board templates for a jap can back box and I've ordered one! so that's being made up and should be sent out soon! I also spent the full day yesterday cleaning and detailing the car, I cut it with a cutting compound, clay barred it, polished it with mirror glaze polish and finally polished it with Canuba wax! that's pretty much it for the minute :)

Lee

IMG_09171_zps2447234c.jpg

IMG_09961_zpsa91e79b3.jpg

IMG_09971_zpse6444bd7.jpg

IMG_09981_zpsece915ae.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Not much has been done over the past few weeks, but my brand new jap can backbox has arrived and I've also got all the hanging brackets and reducers so that's just ready to be welded up when I get time. I've also been thinking over a few ideas on what to do with the car and a few people have said to paint or get my roof vinyl wrapped black, so that might me getting done at some point! I'm also going to be getting my wheels refurbished and probably buy some wind deflectors:)

I should hopefully be getting some coilovers near october time as well then my plans are to get some Bride seats, probably strip the rear and get a rear strut brace! My intentions are to eventually engine swap the car either to a 5e or 4efte. I'll probably just buy a Paseo and take the engine out and a few other bits and pieces but that wont be for a long time yet!...

I've pretty much got the paint work up to the standard I want it so I'm really pleased with that :) I also spotted this on a forecourt at my local peugeot main dealer! looks clean as! they want £1000 for it though!

IMG_10951_zpsef994d25.png

IMG_10121_zps02fb53d0.jpg

IMG_10881_zps58a3ef14.jpg

IMG_10891_zps7165098b.jpg

IMG_10901_zpsd49737dd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so jealous of how clean the paint is!! :(,

Liking the jap plates aswell mate!

Needs some 98 spec bubble lights!!

Keep the updates coming mate! :)

Cheers Mate! :) Looking forward to seeing more updates from you! and yeah I think bubble lights would finish it nicely! :thumbsup:

love how import plates really seem to make a big difference starlets! looking mean buddy.

Cheers Beth! :) yeah they do make a big difference! Looking forward to seeing some updates to your SR!

So over the past little while I've got a bit more done to the car, I replaced the clock because the standard one was giving trouble, replaced the rear light because it was cracked and fitted a glanza foot rest that I had lying about!

I also got given a cone air filter, so I went down to the scrap yard and got the inlet pipe off another starlet so I could drill a hole into it for the air temp sensor because I don't want to ruin my good pipe. So I'm going to get some pipe and make a forced induction from the grill to the air filter and I'm trying to source a paseo intake pipe that runs from the front of the engine into the air box because it is wider than the starlet one and a direct fit! So I'll try that out but I'll more than likely put it back to standard with the K&N panel filter. I'm also trying to get hold of a corolla manifold and some lowering springs and shocks or coilovers! and hopefully this weekend I should be getting some dials out of an SR with the rev counter :)

IMG_11791_zps1cdbc56c.jpg

IMG_11571_zpsd696fb7a.jpg

Before

IMG_11511_zps4c228628.jpg

After

IMG_11521_zps15578fea.jpg

IMG_11081_zps4bfd5837.jpg

IMG_11061_zpsd960d724.jpg

Lee.

• 3 weeks later...

Over the past couple of weeks I've been trying to source a few parts, mainly coilovers and I've finally got some! :D They're Cusco L-Zero 2's that have all the pillowball top mounts which means they're camber adjustable too! cant wait to get them fitted on the car now :)

Also I've just bought a Glanza import rear numberplate surround that should be with me next week! I'm unsure whether to spray it the same 3E5 red colour or get it sprayed black so I'll see when it arrives. Next thing I'm on the look out for is a rear strut brace and a corolla inlet so if you have either of them send me a message :) I'll also be stripping the rear out once the coilovers are fitted so we'll see what happens :)

Lee.

IMG_12171_zpsa90dbfc8.jpg

IMG_12091_zpsed061ee5.jpg