contacting browner

Hi lads,

Sorry only getting back to you now,

I haven't been online for several days as I was away at the Galway International Rally. I had a couple of small issues with a couple of parts and meant to PM some you before I left to fill you in but we had a huge last minute rush trying to get the car ready before we left for the rally. All parcels have been sent and everyone above has received a PM from me. All tracking numbers have been sent.

If you're ever stuck to contact me urgently just give me a call on my mobile number, it's in all my ads. You will also get me on Facebook as that is constantly signed in on my iPhone. I don't have UKSO on my phone so haven't been near the iPad for a few days while I was away.

I am an honest seller and am not out to con anyone from their hard earned cash. No panic please :)

Regards,

Conor.

I haven't been online for several days

ive waited 2 weeks

I purchased two things off him a couple of weeks ago

I got told mine got sent 3 weeks ago mate!

Looks like these people have been waiting a bit longer "then a few days"?

No doubt you aren't out to con them....but if you own a company that specializes in this, and now an official trader...3 weeks looks a bit bad to get something off the shelf, so to speak....

Edited by Jamie5414

All sorted now lads. Only reason mine didn't get sent out was because Conor didn't want to sent out a part that was broken ( cracked fan ) so he bought another for me.

I'd rather that than a broken one being sent out, sorry to shoot you in the foot Conor :)

As above conor is a great seller I bought a car from him without even looking at it, there's alway a good reason if he's abit behind be it failures or out of work troubles

Glad to see this is ok, did make me wonder

Get some pics up of said rally lol

@ Jamie5414

I never said the customers parts were sent several weeks ago. In that particular case I removed an alloy rad and fan from a car and the fan turned out to be broken. Obviously I'm not going to send out broken parts so I informed the customer that the fan was broken and that I would source him another fan. I was promised two fans off different lads which never materialized until I finally got one and sent it. I sent him pictures to prove.

Another case I took payment for a part and the customer PM'd me THE NEXT EVENING asking why hadn't his part arrived yet and threatened a PayPal dispute. Do lads think I'm a magician? Obviously the parts have to be removed from the car, cleaned, packaged and then sent from Ireland to the UK which you can appreciate simply does not happen overnight.

In another case I was totally pestered for a part that when I checked its tracking number this morning was actually delivered and signed for LAST WEEK!

Some people must think I don't have a life, I was offline for the weekend while at the rally and suddenly people start jumping on a bandwagon thinking I've scammed half the forum. My mobile number is there if people need me, use it.

It just makes me laugh how reputation counts for so little with some people on this site. I have sold parts online for years and have shipped rare Starlet parts all over the world with no issues. The best of sellers on here have all got it in the neck recently off certain users on here... Look at the likes of Micky boy and Socks. Countless good and honest sales under their belts on here and other forums and then as soon as there is one incident people throw a cloud of suspicion over their whole character. It's a joke.

People need to relax a little

@ Jamie5414

I never said the customers parts were sent several weeks ago. In that particular case I removed an alloy rad and fan from a car and the fan turned out to be broken. Obviously I'm not going to send out broken parts so I informed the customer that the fan was broken and that I would source him another fan. I was promised two fans off different lads which never materialized until I finally got one and sent it. I sent him pictures to prove.

I never questioned weather or not you where "scamming half the forum", I know your not. I was pointing out that a supposed three weeks was a long time to get a part. Obviously you addressing everyone as a whole above doesn't really paint a transparent picture for the others looking at this thread.

What was wrong with you saying to these people "wont be online for the next XYZ days, items wont be sent during this time or pm's replied to.". This would have stopped this thread being created in the first place.

It just makes me laugh how reputation counts for so little with some people on this site. I have sold parts online for years and have shipped rare Starlet parts all over the world with no issues. The best of sellers on here have all got it in the neck recently off certain users on here... Look at the likes of Micky boy and Socks. Countless good and honest sales under their belts on here and other forums and then as soon as there is one incident people throw a cloud of suspicion over their whole character. It's a joke.

It doesn't count for anything, because half of the bad trades either don't get posted (because the buyer has had enough) in the feedback section, or they get deleted/modified by a member of staff.

So what if the sellers are getting it in the neck recently? I'm sure the buyers have justified explanations to their posts (which they do).

Anyway, I'll shut up about it now, No doubt this thread will get deleted.

• 2 years later...

I'm still alive lads :) I'm hardly ever on UKSO anymore but still heavily involved in the car scene in a big way. No the ep71 is still sitting pretty in the shed daniel_g I don't think I'd ever sell that car!

I took a complete break from cars after Christmas 2015 I was just totally worn out and the health was suffering. I'm concentrating more on getting my own cars finished now and am busy fishing and running my Christmas business etc. If anyone is looking for parts or needs to contact me it's best to message me on my personal Facebook page as that goes straight through to my phone so I am on that all the time.

We will be over for Japfest UK for a catch up... :)

Browner