Jim's second Starlet; ITB'd Blue Sol 8L5.

So I originally ended up with a silver sportif, after having engine problems and giving it to a mate to turbo I then had a faff on with a dealership and a Corolla G6, that's gone, so needed a new car!
After a few days of looking I saw this Sol up on autotrader, 2 previous owners and it wasn't too far away! Turned up, it was up on a ramp for me to look at, had a quick skank around and drove it home
5 minutes later!

I intend to Glanza rep it (or slam it to the ground on steelies if Toff gets his way) at some point but not sure of the big plan atm; toying with idea's of turbo's and 5e's and allsorts.
When I bought it the interior was completely pristine, I can't believe how well the insides been looked after in its time...the engine bay on the other hand not so much
Some pictures from a recent trip up the moors on a very very very snowy day! Pictures won't do the paint any justice but it comes it really well with a clean!...its just not clean.

1836684_10153827988805541_1523720581_o.j

1617706_10153827990040541_733791586_o.jp

9lAsPSA.jpg

I've got lowering springs and rear bumper to take off the old car just need to get it painted, as well as just acquiring a black glanza spoiler!
should have some updates eventually.

Edited by jimlols
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks nice mate! ,

you keeping it black or matching it to the car colour? :)

Josh.

At least for now black as the priority is getting my silver bumper painted and on the car :)

Hopefully the spoiler will fit the car a bit more once the back end has a glanza bumper and 98spec lights etcetra!

Edited by jimlols

At least for now black as the priority is getting my silver bumper painted and on the car :)

Hopefully the spoiler will fit the car a bit more once the back end has a glanza bumper and 98spec lights etcetra!

Yeah man defo!. Sounds good!

Look forward to seeing it on! :)

It expensive to have that resprayed, or a resonable price? ,

Gonna look sweet when fitted! :)

It wasn't too bad, I got a few quotes from around here, one from someone with a great reputation but I'd of had a huge turnaround so went with the cheaper quote and quick turnaround, it came out good, a few blemishes in places where it doesnt matter and no one will ever notice :) Can't go wrong for the price and ultra quick turnaround i had :)

Here's the only picture I've got atm, its in the dark and not very viewable but for now its all I've got, will get some more later!

LtcTwpv.jpg

Picture update! got the springs on today after the ballache of stuck bolts and requiring a bit of help!

Y0d9Rxl.jpg

QUX20BX.jpg

Rfshs24.jpg

yzl40Dz.jpg

wFCGH1r.jpg

So plans atm; wait for the springs to settle and see how its sat, dewiper, debadge, destrip eventually, black stickers instead of white( and some general more black/blue matching), exhaust system of sorts depending what happens, need some new seats and need to do something to the front end

All to be done...eventually, I'm really happy with how the black/blue thing is turning out but the wheels could do with a repaint in a more glossy/sparkly colour and some bigger spacers!

Edited by jimlols

no debadging! toyota logos gotta stay and so do them solida door strips!

Looks good mate!, colours a beaut!,

Needs the side strips off but the toyota badge kept on ;)

Keep the updates coming mate!! :)

Strips defo coming off, the badge will either come off or go black, same for the stickers :)

http://i.imgur.com/RpauuAx.jpg

Springs are settling in nicely allready..

Edited by jimlols

1972521_10153908421370541_1724760988_n.j

So 2 of these beasts just turned up at my door! hopefully fit them sunday with some proper pictures!

@vizz I've considered the options a few times, I defo thing they'll be better off...its just i cant be arsed!

Edited by jimlols