TD vs Walbro Fuel Pump Noise

Just piecing together my last bits to go td04, and kinda of unsure which Fuel Pump to go for?

The high pitched whine of the walbro used to be pretty annoying on my Old Gt. So I'm swaying more towards a TD one instead.

I was just wondering if there was a big enough difference in the noise between the walbro and the TD pump?

Thanks

Looks like I'll just have to grit my teeth and bare the walbro whine, nnless The dudes from Tuning Developments can convince me otherwise?

Has anyone tried aeromotive, denso or something different??

Got a link to any of these?

Be very careful of the walbro fuel pumps as there are two types. One is high flow, low pressure and the other is high flow high pressure. The low pressure pumps start cavitating at around 45-50 psi.

Me myself I've gone for a automotive plumbing solutions one. Flows 255lph at 80psi.

Not really used it that much to be honest. I'm going for mapping this summer on a emb. I have a ZISCO ram horn td04 ex gated, going to be using 323 turbo injectors (360cc) hks filter front mount intercooler and japspeed exhaust.

My mapper told me some interesting info. Say your car has fuel pressure of 35psi at atmospheric pressure. You add a bar of boost meaning 15psi of air pressure in the manifold is now forcing the fuel back into the injector. In effect you now only have 20psi of fuel pressure. So you add a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, this will take your fuel pressure to 50psi to maintain 35psi fuel pressure at 1 bar of boost. 50 psi of fuel pressure on a low pressure walbro will cause cavitation (effectively burning the pump motor out and early failure) and reduce the flow of fuel to the injectors. So if your running a low pressure pump, be sure to change it for a high pressure equivalent.

The 'TD' is a walbro.

I had to google the pump and used the part code off the box and it came up as a walbro just unbranded!

I'd put money against that theory.

Same way as fake walbros have the part numbers and even logos on them.

If it was genuine walbro it would be sold as such.

No chance walbro sell there stuff unbranded.

That's not to say a Chinese knock off isn't a good job. Heck one Chinese knock of failing is hardly big news, genuine walbros will fail at some time also

Phil

I'd put money against that theory.

Same way as fake walbros have the part numbers and even logos on them.

If it was genuine walbro it would be sold as such.

No chance walbro sell there stuff unbranded.

That's not to say a Chinese knock off isn't a good job. Heck one Chinese knock of failing is hardly big news, genuine walbros will fail at some time also

Phil

The ''TD" one is unbranded, surely a possibility they are purchase from the same manufacturer ence the box being labelled with the same part code etc..

Dunno maybe I'm wrong.