rear strut brace - good or bad?

I reckon the the triangle shaped brace is the one to go for it's lighter than it looks and I felt a difference between just a normal cross over, they can fetch up to £100 though whilst the cusco's are bit cheaper.

strut braces in starlets are just for show??????

thats like saying a roll cage in rally cars are just there to hang flower pots from :crazy:

as amjad said, i also definitely noticed a difference when i fitted my OEM rear 3 point strut brace..

That's different, its welded to the chassis therefore it becomes an integral part and chassis flex is transferred to the roll cage.

A strut brace is just a bolted joint and therefore has a moment about the bolt rather than the chassis.

That's different, its welded to the chassis therefore it becomes an integral part and chassis flex is transferred to the roll cage.

A strut brace is just a bolted joint and therefore has a moment about the bolt rather than the chassis.

What about bolt in cage's? If something is attatched to something it becomes part of a structure that provides extra support some way or another...I would buy the 3 point optional extra strut bet you feel the difference :)

a strut brace does the same thing bud.. they spread the load, they do help with chassis flex.. take a starlet around a circuit with and without braces and tell me you cant feel the difference :)

Edited by corofin12345

I thought it may have been psychological and it made no difference at all but I really did think it made a big difference. Then my mate sat in the back pf my car and asked if I had done anything because the back end feels different. This was without tellin him beforehand I had done it.

I say it makes a very noticeable difference from my experience

Rear anti roll bar, before a rear strut nick.

Like i told you last night you will notice the rear roll bar a lot more then a rear strut.. Such a bigger difference then a strut brace.

Strut does help, but rear anti roll bar jus imo is a bigger must and the difference is more noticeable.

Rear anti roll bar, before a rear strut nick.

Like i told you last night you will notice the rear roll bar a lot more then a rear strut.. Such a bigger difference then a strut brace.

Strut does help, but rear anti roll bar jus imo is a bigger must and the difference is more noticeable.

I definitely agree