micky-boy AVOID AT ALL COSTS

been debating for a while now weather to post this thread up but now the time has come, so here.goes,

i bought a buddy club brack box ecu from michael loughran a couple months back in the.process of rebuilding my car as a lot of you may know. the time came to run the new engine in but i had a few problems with it not fuellng properly, i had a problem with the car starting (dodgy fuel pump wiring) so thats out the question, but the car almost stalls.even.when.driving at 20mph, my wideband went.off the scale from being lean, put.my old ecu back.and.it ran how it used to, i even put everything back to stock but made no change.

he tried telling me im a liar and the.ecu works but yet when i offered to travel to his house to prove myself but hes ignoring all of my inboxes on here and facebook. the funny thing is i found out tye mines ecu he sold not long ago was faulty and the guy got his money back. hes.basically told me to fuck off.

also the return post code and road name he wrote on the address note is non.existant.

i know for a fact i wont get my money back but i want to use this ecu otherwise ive just scammed £500 from a "reputable" seller. you can see the ecu has.been apart and tampered with, anyone know of anywhere that do ecu repairs? still bummed about this despite buying it couple months back whichos mickys excuse "youve had it for 2 months you couldve done anything" hes right BUT i know enough people on here.that can.back up the fact my car has been garaged that whole.time

thanks for reading, any help would be.much appreciated

Have you had any work on the engine ? As I had mine cut out on me when dipping clutch to change gears sub 20 mph and idle issues , this came down to ring lands cracked in cylinder 2. This is in blitz ecu but once changed with another piston it was running sweet. Had issues with fueling too, but since the change it's fine.

its a fresh.engine mate, you may have bought things.before but that doesbt really mean much, this ecu is fucked and im stuck with it, theres not really much else to it

Just sharing my experience

There are other things with the plug and plays. Did you set it up correctly? With it idling etc?

mine does have one according to michael its got an extra chip board or something.already inside so.you don need the box. i just want it to work i cant just throw away £500 im skint as it is and im not selling it to some poor sod the way it is like he did to me

mine does have one according to michael its got an extra chip board or something.already inside so.you don need the box. i just want it to work i cant just throw away £500 im skint as it is and im not selling it to some poor sod the way it is like he did to me

Did you leave it to idle etc as is the procedure for pnp ecus?

Also post a photo of the inside of the Ecu and we can tell you if there is any obvious problems or there are things to look for that show it is a plug and play etc

i let it idle for 30 minutes, but no improvements, ll try and.get some pics after work, i opened it up to see if anything was obvious but theres 3 chip boards all sandwiched in there so i dont want to start pulling bits apart

Sad to see this. I know him and would always say he's a good guy and I'd trust him with my money. I know me saying that doesn't help the situation though. Hope you get it sorted! My fresh engine didn't want to behave for a while on the emanage blue that ran my old engine fine but a bit of patience and tinkering and it's been spot on. (Been remapped now like).

Just because i have been a member on here for 5years got a few post dont mean if you put a thread up slandering me im going to refund you your money back. You have owned the ecu for 4months mate. Whats up did you see the other thread about the mines ecu and throught ohh ill try my luck and see if i can get my money back?

When buying a p&p ecu its at your own risk weither it will fuel your car correctly or not thats why people say dont just plug the fuckers in just incase it dose run lean. Im sorry i cant make the ecu fuel your car correctly but theres nothing i can do about that.

Also at first you said you had a fuel pump problem then you said it was the fuel filter at fault now it was the wireing to your fuel pump that was at fault? I think you have had trubble with your fueling all along mate

Ohh and thanks for the kind comments guys x

Edited by micky boy

i let it idle for 30 minutes, but no improvements, ll try and.get some pics after work, i opened it up to see if anything was obvious but theres 3 chip boards all sandwiched in there so i dont want to start pulling bits apart

You need to unplug it for a couple of hours. Then let it idle for 15mins or so as the first thing you do

Amjad posted a break in procedure for them

I've also purchased from Micky in the past and he was spot on... Like others, is just retake all the steps in setting up the P&P :) hope it works out though there great ECU's

Is there anyone local to you where you can set the ecu up on their car and see how it runs?

Edited by Matt1878

U need to try the ecu in another Car before u can call it faulty.

+2!

Mikey has been around a long time and is an honest guy. Have you tried it in another car? P+p ecu's have only set paremiters they will adjust too, they arnt the fucking wonder ecu everyone expects. It maybe your car isnt quite speced for what the ecu works with, it may be you fucked up putting your engine together. You cant just start bad mouthing some one because they dont cave and hand over a refund for no proven reason. Try it in another car. If it works great then sell it on or find the reason its not running on your car as its likley to cuase problems on any ecu. If it doesnt work on another car then maybe there is grounds for this kind of thread....maybe.