I wasnt going to do this for the simple fact that I dont like bad mouthing people and cant be bothered with the hassle that it brings but if I had read about the experience I have had before I sent my car there I wouldnt have took it.

Basicaly I did my head gasket in doing a track day and instead of fixing it I decided I was going to go forged so I rang two companys one of which been race-tech and the other been another reputable tuner. Race-tech qouted me 8 weeks aposed the the 10 that the other quoted so i decided to go with race-tech. I drove the car down there in the state that it was in (obviously making it worse) and left it with him.

Cut the story short the car was with him for 8 months (2 of which was my own doing as i couldnt pay for the car) instead of 8 weeks like he quoted me. I obviously know that the time he quoted me to do the car wouldnt be exact but if you take away the 2 months I couldnt pay for the car that is triple the time he said.

Whenever I tried to get hold of Race-tech he would not answer the phone or reply to my messages and whenever he did speak to me it would be to tell me that one of my existing parts is broken or not good enough making the bill go higher yet other people i spoke to seemed to think these patts were fine. I found it quite hard to get prices off him (as though he did not want me to know how much it cost until the end) and i also thought he was quite arrogant and spoke to me as though I was a chimp. In the end it got to the point where I asked to get my car back not running and finish it myself as the bill was going to be to large if he was to do it meaning the car now has no warranty or guarantee etc.

I also asked him to take as many pictures as he could of the rebuild so I had a bit more proof that my engine was forged and as you can imagine because after 8 months I wanted to see how my car was doing. He told me he took loads but the only ones that I received from him were a picture of the bare block an oil pump and an oil pump on the block. I appreciate that he is a tuner and not a photographer but when he said loads I assumed more and better than them.

When I got the car back there was a puddle of brown sludge in the boot where he had thrown my radiator and various other parts in the boot carelessly as shown below.

9204C76F-5773-475F-B668-A31BA1EC944C-625

BA9BBABC-102A-4D61-AD6D-13BEF39776ED-625

9DA225F6-1733-4FC2-B2A4-D195E7273E53-625

Due to this been in the boot of the car for so long my bride seats and various other interior parts have now gone mouldy and the car stinks.

I was missing the centre section part of my exhaust and radiator brackets which i had to take the 4 hour round trip to collect and am still missing 2 centre caps a rocker cover gasket an exhaust manifold to head gasket and an oil feed for my turbo possibly more yet and he has left my old oil filter on the car bearing in mind that when I got there the car was so hot that the ht leads had melted in half the dizzy cap, cambelt cover and various other plastic parts had melted off like they where chewing gum.

We arranged three weeks ago to have the missing oil feed and various other parts delivered and I have tried contacting him for the past 3 weeks to speak about the other missing parts however he is not replying to me as usual.

Basically the service I received from him was in my opinion the worst service I have ever received from any company ever and would not wish it upon anyone. The workmanship isn't great neither like i said the engine has the skanky old oil filter on it the guys meant to be one of the best tuners around what's all that about? Various other parts of the build make me question how long this engine is actually going to last for!

There's probably loads that I have missed out or forgot about but i hope this gives people an insight of what you could be letting yourself in for and its not just me who has been treat like this neither a good friend of mine has also been treat the same way however I don't want to mention his name in case he doesn't want me to.

Please don't jump on the band wagon or do the opposite commenting on this post slating him or saying he's great I haven't wrote this for an argument I've wrote it to warn people. You might be treat differently I don't know I'm just telling my story if anyone would like to talk to me about it please pm me don't put it on here.

Thanks,

Jordan

I spoke to Ricky about mapping my car, and he also seemed that he thought I was a chimp too, and he came across very arrogant. So I left it in the end. I wasn't going to let other people's opinion and previous experience make it seem like it's a dump hole. I mean look at socks car is a very respectable examples of what they can do. But now after seeing this I don't think I will bother with them. I hope that other people read through this properly and not just look at the pictures and just comment from what they see.

Will.

Edited by maddox710

Hello,

As you know when you arrived the engine wasn't in the best of conditions. I have never seen an engine so hot and still running!

This obviously caused other damage and made more parts need replacing which made your bill higher.

There were also other obvious faults.

Cracked manifold/poor turbo kit etc.

After the price was slightly higher you said to me "I haven't really got the money yet, so there is no rush". I waited a couple of weeks. Called you and you said similar. This was November. In the new year you said you had the cash for the engine but not the rest of the work so you said you would collect the car with just the forged engine.

We did this and called you in February. We then waited around 3 weeks for you to collect the car.

We put the parts in your car the day before you were supposed to collect it the first time, on your instruction (but all the other parts in the boot) I'm not sure what where else we could put them?

I sent you various pictures through on "whatsapp"

The pricing was sent upfront, which is how you knew you couldn't afford it. At various stages you asked (how much is my bill now, this is a pretty much impossible question) until the agreed amount of work is completed.

I didn't mean to offend you. I always try to speak to customers in layman's terms. If I was teaching you to suck eggs you should have said.

We couldn't fill the car with oil (no oil return), we didn't refit the rocker cover because of the state it was in, we just sealed the engine. A new oil filter would have been used before startup should we have finished the job, (we use 3-4 oil filters during running in)

I tried to call you last week, I also sent you a text.

While the car was with us you came and swapped the wheels and ECU. We never removed the rear wheels from the car.

I'll write out the text here.

"Hello, I made up an oil line, but we have since found your old one, it was infact 300mm long not 250mm like the one we have made you. However now we have found your old one we will send that. Please note though it looks somewhat damaged and twisted. Maybe due to the heat?"

I will also send you a PM now regarding another car.

I wasnt going to do this for the simple fact that I dont like bad mouthing people and cant be bothered with the hassle that it brings but if I had read about the experience I have had before I sent my car there I wouldnt have took it.

Basicaly I did my head gasket in doing a track day and instead of fixing it I decided I was going to go forged so I rang two companys one of which been race-tech and the other been another reputable tuner. Race-tech qouted me 8 weeks aposed the the 10 that the other quoted so i decided to go with race-tech. I drove the car down there in the state that it was in (obviously making it worse) and left it with him.

Cut the story short the car was with him for 8 months (2 of which was my own doing as i couldnt pay for the car) instead of 8 weeks like he quoted me. I obviously know that the time he quoted me to do the car wouldnt be exact but if you take away the 2 months I couldnt pay for the car that is triple the time he said.

Whenever I tried to get hold of Race-tech he would not answer the phone or reply to my messages and whenever he did speak to me it would be to tell me that one of my existing parts is broken or not good enough making the bill go higher yet other people i spoke to seemed to think these patts were fine. I found it quite hard to get prices off him (as though he did not want me to know how much it cost until the end) and i also thought he was quite arrogant and spoke to me as though I was a chimp. In the end it got to the point where I asked to get my car back not running and finish it myself as the bill was going to be to large if he was to do it meaning the car now has no warranty or guarantee etc.

I also asked him to take as many pictures as he could of the rebuild so I had a bit more proof that my engine was forged and as you can imagine because after 8 months I wanted to see how my car was doing. He told me he took loads but the only ones that I received from him were a picture of the bare block an oil pump and an oil pump on the block. I appreciate that he is a tuner and not a photographer but when he said loads I assumed more and better than them.
When I got the car back there was a puddle of brown sludge in the boot where he had thrown my radiator and various other parts in the boot carelessly as shown below.

9204C76F-5773-475F-B668-A31BA1EC944C-625
BA9BBABC-102A-4D61-AD6D-13BEF39776ED-625
9DA225F6-1733-4FC2-B2A4-D195E7273E53-625

Due to this been in the boot of the car for so long my bride seats and various other interior parts have now gone mouldy and the car stinks.

I was missing the centre section part of my exhaust and radiator brackets which i had to take the 4 hour round trip to collect and am still missing 2 centre caps a rocker cover gasket an exhaust manifold to head gasket and an oil feed for my turbo possibly more yet and he has left my old oil filter on the car bearing in mind that when I got there the car was so hot that the ht leads had melted in half the dizzy cap, cambelt cover and various other plastic parts had melted off like they where chewing gum.

We arranged three weeks ago to have the missing oil feed and various other parts delivered and I have tried contacting him for the past 3 weeks to speak about the other missing parts however he is not replying to me as usual.

Basically the service I received from him was in my opinion the worst service I have ever received from any company ever and would not wish it upon anyone. The workmanship isn't great neither like i said the engine has the skanky old oil filter on it the guys meant to be one of the best tuners around what's all that about? Various other parts of the build make me question how long this engine is actually going to last for!

There's probably loads that I have missed out or forgot about but i hope this gives people an insight of what you could be letting yourself in for and its not just me who has been treat like this neither a good friend of mine has also been treat the same way however I don't want to mention his name in case he doesn't want me to.

Please don't jump on the band wagon or do the opposite commenting on this post slating him or saying he's great I haven't wrote this for an argument I've wrote it to warn people. You might be treat differently I don't know I'm just telling my story if anyone would like to talk to me about it please pm me don't put it on here.

Thanks,
Jordan

Hello,

I'm sorry if I offended you, I have 100's of people contact me each week, with varying levels of understanding. I obviously teach some people to suck eggs, and still speak a foreign langauge to others.

I spoke to Ricky about mapping my car, and he also seemed that he thought I was a chimp too, and he came across very arrogant. So I left it in the end. I wasn't going to let other people's opinion and previous experience make it seem like it's a dump hole. I mean look at socks car is a very respectable examples of what they can do. But now after seeing this I don't think I will bother with them. I hope that other people read through this properly and not just look at the pictures and just comment from what they see.
Will.

The circumstances surrounding this do seem odd, who sends their car away for a substantial amount of work and then doesn't have the cash to pay for it? I think if I was Ricky I'd have stopped any work right there and perhaps asked for 50% upfront before continuing.

The type of owner this car attracts must be a nightmare for tuners, lots of young kids asking questions and prices for work that will never materialise. It must be hard for not to know who's a genuine customer and who's not.

It is more common than you would think. To be fair to the customers. The are often nasty surprises. But they are 20 year old cars with varying levels of maintenance. Very few customers have a contingency. We rarely/never ask for any money at all upfront. But think this needs to change.

Obviously it is in our interest to do the job as quickly as possible or we don't get paid.

Not that I wanted to get involved, but I do think throwing parts filled with fluids in the boot like that is bang out of order, imagine if it was your car having the work done.

No matter what state a car is in, there's still a certain level of respect you have to show towards it.

As you mentioned I rang you in November to tell you I didn't have the money and assured you I would have it after the new year as soon as Christmas new year etc was out the way I rang you at the start of January and told you I now had the money ( 2 months where I didn't have the money as I mentioned).

so basically you had the car for 6 months instead of 8 weeks.

I mentioned that the car was ridiculously hot in my feedback so there was no confusion about it however what parts did you replace to make my bill go higher as from what I can remember I brought various sensors and a cambelt cover to you and the dizzy cap wasn't replaced and neither were the HT leads? also I didn't complain about the rocker cover not been on the car properly as that was my choice.

The time it took me to collect my car after you said it was finished was not 3 weeks it was 2 and you have got to appreciate the fact the I had to work it around work commitments and also the person picking it ups schedule and like I said it was 2 weeks not 8 months.

as for the missing parts they wernet in the boot as the picture shows there was only brown sludge in there. im assuming the rocker cover gasket you forgot about because the old rocker was placed on the car not quite fitted ( easy mistake to make) the exhaust gasket because the exhaust wasn't fitted centre caps I honestly don't have a clue where they have went maybe they wernet on the car when I brought it down im sure they where but say they wernet for arguments sake as I can see you would have no reason to take them off.

but the oil filter missing and the old one been left on the car? whats going on there surely you had this engine apart? why wasn't it rtemoved then? you have just said yourself the state the engine was in why didn't you take this off then it would have been pretty hard to forget.

I havenet received any texts or pm's from you in the last week and still havenet got anything right this minuite so I don't know who you have sent that text to and as for the pictures you sent me three on whatsapp

oil pump

block

oil pump on the block

also you still haven't addressed the brown sludge that was in my boot I find it a bit bad that you would take 3500 off a customer and let them take there car away with all that crap in the boot and all the parts still in the workshop

Not that I wanted to get involved, but I do think throwing parts filled with fluids in the boot like that is bang out of order, imagine if it was your car having the work done.

No matter what state a car is in, there's still a certain level of respect you have to show towards it.

Yea don't mean to join in but you could have simply put them in a bin bag to stop the fluid going everywhere or something

when I dropped the car off I had more than what the build cost however due to personal circumstances I had to dip into that money meaning I didn't have enough so I let ricky know and as soon as I had the money I told him to continue. when the car was finished I didn't try to knock money off etc I just give him what was owed.

please don't get involved if you don't fully understand what has gone on.

It is more common than you would think. To be fair to the customers. The are often nasty surprises. But they are 20 year old cars with varying levels of maintenance. Very few customers have a contingency. We rarely/never ask for any money at all upfront. But think this needs to change.

Obviously it is in our interest to do the job as quickly as possible or we don't get paid.

im not taking side but infairness ricky your a pro tuner no ????? u should know by now how much it cost to forge a block to do the job etc etc

ive bean it the turbo modifying scene for 15 years and i know exactly how much it ruffly costs for doing stuff to rides !!!!! so giving a real close quote aint that hard ( within 300 )

i might of read it wrong in the 1st post but did you not give him a quote ????? for the job ????? iff so its not the customers problem but urs if u didnt price the quote right

mind the last bit im not sure how i read it

the quote that he gave me was...

engine 1995

ecu 550 ( I said that another tuner does it for 550 mapped he said yeah we do the same so im guessing this is what he meant)

so the original quote was 2545 however this was just what he mentioned on the phone which is what I assume was the original quote but in my experience nothing is official until its on writing or on paper, email etc

so that's sort of his get out claus realy ive got no proof he said it other than my word

so that 2545 (although the ecu doesn't even have a base map never mind a proper one) plus the 200 he added on because the td04 kit he made me was gunna be hard for him to sell on (still don't understand how) comes to...

which means that the extra machine work because the engine was hot came to 755

*edit I got the drive in drive out option aswell so add 295 on (although I didn't drive out and am having to finish the car myself)

that's my understanding anyway I cant think of anything else I was given

Edited by jordan walker

I think the fact that it is over the estimate is not the main point. The fact that it is over the estimate when it should be running and all done is Colin.

But hopefully it stays factual and civil though as feedback is feedback from my point of view, negative feedback should be aired as well as positive as long as it is facts and not name calling and going round and round in circles.

But hope you get the car sorted in the end bud no matter what happens to the thread.

its not so much his pricing that's my biggest issue colin its the fact that a lot of the parts are missing and the way the car has been treat as though it was to be scrapped and the fact that I thought his customer services where shocking

And it's not even mapped or running which he paid for all the work to be done and come out working, I wouldn't have paid him, that's all you here about is his bad service and he sounds a complete twat! He should be ashamed of some of the stuff he does and robs young boys of all that hard earned cash

As you mentioned I rang you in November to tell you I didn't have the money and assured you I would have it after the new year as soon as Christmas new year etc was out the way I rang you at the start of January and told you I now had the money ( 2 months where I didn't have the money as I mentioned).

so basically you had the car for 6 months instead of 8 weeks.

I mentioned that the car was ridiculously hot in my feedback so there was no confusion about it however what parts did you replace to make my bill go higher as from what I can remember I brought various sensors and a cambelt cover to you and the dizzy cap wasn't replaced and neither were the HT leads? also I didn't complain about the rocker cover not been on the car properly as that was my choice.

The time it took me to collect my car after you said it was finished was not 3 weeks it was 2 and you have got to appreciate the fact the I had to work it around work commitments and also the person picking it ups schedule and like I said it was 2 weeks not 8 months.

as for the missing parts they wernet in the boot as the picture shows there was only brown sludge in there. im assuming the rocker cover gasket you forgot about because the old rocker was placed on the car not quite fitted ( easy mistake to make) the exhaust gasket because the exhaust wasn't fitted centre caps I honestly don't have a clue where they have went maybe they wernet on the car when I brought it down im sure they where but say they wernet for arguments sake as I can see you would have no reason to take them off.

but the oil filter missing and the old one been left on the car? whats going on there surely you had this engine apart? why wasn't it rtemoved then? you have just said yourself the state the engine was in why didn't you take this off then it would have been pretty hard to forget.

I havenet received any texts or pm's from you in the last week and still havenet got anything right this minuite so I don't know who you have sent that text to and as for the pictures you sent me three on whatsapp

oil pump

block

oil pump on the block

also you still haven't addressed the brown sludge that was in my boot I find it a bit bad that you would take 3500 off a customer and let them take there car away with all that crap in the boot and all the parts still in the workshop

We waited longer than the 2 months in total for your decision making, and we cannot at the drop of a hat start working on your car as soon as you call to say you have the cash.

You also ordered a turbo kit and canceled in the meantime, along with other things.

It seems you have 2 points when we cut to it.

Oil filter. As said, it wasn't fitted the car as we have no reason to attempt to start it. We left the old filter on to save the threads while installing the engine, but after bolting the engine in we left it as that's what you instructed us to do. I can send you a rocker gasket, ex manifold gasket and oil filter no problem, and i've said I will. I text you about it but didn't get a reply.

You see and hear this kind of thing from time you time, your experience sounds really bad though, but there's always two sides, not everyone will experience the same as you said, but it's a great shame you've had this ordeal, hope you get your car all sorted though, and hope Ricky reduces these kinds of situations occurring and the business gets better. Best luck to you both

We supplied a quote and stuck to it. As soon as we stripped the engine we emailed Jordan. I know he read this as he replied!

The costs was too much. It included things like a new manifolds, (the old one was cracked and IMO beyond economical repair) Obviously these added a lot to the price, but there is no way I would have known the car would have a cracked manifold when it arrived.

The car had also been so hot we had to deck the block, skim 0.75mm from the head! realign the cam journals, a couple of new valve seats, recut all valves etc etc. This is where the rest of the money was. Again, this was all quoted, by email before any work was done (apart from stripping to find out the extent of the damage)

im not taking side but infairness ricky your a pro tuner no ????? u should know by now how much it cost to forge a block to do the job etc etc

ive bean it the turbo modifying scene for 15 years and i know exactly how much it ruffly costs for doing stuff to rides !!!!! so giving a real close quote aint that hard ( within 300 )

i might of read it wrong in the 1st post but did you not give him a quote ????? for the job ????? iff so its not the customers problem but urs if u didnt price the quote right

mind the last bit im not sure how i read it

Have you read the thread? The complaint is about some oil in the boot (that is stripped out and was already scratched), nothing was spilt before Jordan left with the car, and he knew exactly where the parts were, Had he arrived in a van, he could have put the bits in the van and drove away. But I suppose it would be our fault if it spilt into his van as well.

What a joke.

Hope you get your car fixed up soon pal.

I don't agree with what you are saying however like I said I don't want this thread to be an argument so we will just leave it at that and agree to disagree.

I still haven't received any messages from yourself as I stated in previous posts if you would like to post the items you have my address and when I receive them I will update this thread accordingly.

Jordan.

He wasn't charged him for running in and mapping. Jordan couldn't afford it, so he didn't pay and and collected the car without the turbo kit. Please learn to read or don't have an input. I have better things to do like look after my children than read rubbish on here.

And it's not even mapped or running which he paid for all the work to be done and come out working, I wouldn't have paid him, that's all you here about is his bad service and he sounds a complete twat! He should be ashamed of some of the stuff he does and robs young boys of all that hard earned cash