DD 40 Step Coilover Shock Suspension Toyota Starlet EP82 EP91 89-99

Has anyone here had experience with these cheap coilovers?
Worth the buy, or not worth touching?

Not had coilovers yet, so don't know what to look for, but I need something for road use. (Not too harsh, as it's my daily, but harsh enough for occasional track use.)

My current suspension with 40mm lowering springs is horrible and rolls like no tomorrow. Back almost touches the floor when accelerating.

Ebay link below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DD-40-Step-Coilover-Shock-Suspension-Toyota-Starlet-EP82-EP91-89-99-Free-Postage-/231164471563?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35d279e90b

not had any experience with them, but they look a good quality coilover

dont see why anyone wouldnt buy them

and as regards to cheap, they are only £50 cheaper than what i paid for my brand new meisters before they hiked the price up when they became so popular

you could do the golf coils like i did for 185£ thats 200£ saved for a brake upgrade :)

i think ther good for the price anyways better then my old setup like u it was horrendous

Got more details on this? Is it better than a decent spring and shock combo? I need less lift on boost and less roll in the corners

Sweet thanks everyone :)

The golf coilovers are clever, but I don't have the time or tools so i'll probably stick with a straight bolt on.

What other coilovers would you guys suggest instead so I have two choices.

At the moment I'm close to just buying the DD ones off of ebay and crossing my fingers, but I know cheap doesn't always mean cheerful.

Edited by rockrees

They look identical to the ones cj ran a group buy on ages ago I had a set of those and thought they were pretty good to be fair and I know a fair few people ran them too

Got more details on this? Is it better than a decent spring and shock combo? I need less lift on boost and less roll in the corners

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/78342-the-185l-budget-golf-coilovers-setup/

i think there grand mate there waaaaay better then lowering springs on shocks , the is no body roll or nothing totally tranceformed my ride in a good way she is like a gocart now :) :)

and if 1 where to break then its only 55£ a corner for a replacement !!!!!!!

• 1 month later...