My Tuning Developments Forged NIGHTMARE and The End of the GT

Why do people who have bad feedback not come forward sooner? If it's as bad as people say then surely you would mention this to give the rest of us the in site into workmanship this is the whole point of feedback weather it's good or bad it's gives the rest of us a good idea of the tuner! I'm going up to have my head rebuilt end of the month I just hope I don't have the same problems as I'll be travelling 200+ miles

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people who have bad feedback not come forward sooner? If it's as bad as people say then surely you would mention this to give the rest of us the in site into workmanship this is the whole point of feedback weather it's good or bad it's gives the rest of us a good idea of the tuner! I'm going up to have my head rebuilt end of the month I just hope I don't have the same problems as I'll be travelling 200+ miles

I think Marc left it this long because of him waiting for his car back, discussions with his card company etc etc

People sit on their issues as some are having work done to rectify them and feel that putting a neg feedback may hamper the process of the fix.

Some people rather not get into a forum debate etc

Some hope for a amicable outcome and don't feel the need to mention anything if it happens.

There are many reasons why feedback can take it's time to hit a forum.

I think Marc left it this long because of him waiting for his car back, discussions with his card company etc etc

True Mark. I left mine till now as I was hoping for a solution that suited both me and TD. Unfortunately one never arised not even a middle ground. Hence why my feedback got posted once I got my car back.

simple answer

just cant be assed to start a thread tbh.... but will happy comment in others lol

True. Mike never did me and it kinda says that at the start of my feedback. However this is how it ended for me and for some others as u can see.

Your experience maybe totally different.

Jesus Marc that's shocking mate is there any good tuners our there that would be Race tech and TD developments off my list i spent €18000 on a 3sgte engine in my celica st205 built by one of the so called best tuners over here Ttech Motorsport who Fensport in uk highly recommended him to me i even spoke personalty to aidan and meet him anyway 4000 miles restricted run in period with engine limit set to 3750 rpm went back to get car mapped was making shocking power bang she blew up after 10 days try and come back from that ended up sitting in Ttechs place for a year with no help what so ever Colin from Ttech meet me one day and bought the car back off me for €5000 and to think my car needed another € 5000 on top of the € 18000 i had already spent so if ya ask me there all the same useless sorry i have no faith in tuners

I think mattys story wins..

jesus h Christ, all that money and for what nothing, that hurts that just fucking hurts.. I mean 18000, ya could prb import a r32-r33 gtr that was tuned by real tunners in japan and still have money left over..

thanks for the heads up starbuck. Going forged and TD04 myself and tuning developments are relatively close, going to research as much as I can before taking this step now :/ Racetech now being my first port of call

thanks for the heads up starbuck. Going forged and TD04 myself and tuning developments are relatively close, going to research as much as I can before taking this step now :/ Racetech now being my first port of call

wait till you see the feedback he's received recently (not commenting on his work personally) it's a headfuck for you boys wanting these services. Some have good experiences others have bad unfortunately.

Most the boys local to me that pay for engine building etc goto TD with good results, and that's from kent so a fair old trek.

That's rite Toby I have been back and forwards for years driving about 50 hours in all to use TD fair old drive but worth the trip, my engine from TD is on 4000 miles mapped on a billet from mike at 300 hp and all is fine never had an issue with them, There's two sides to every story

No worries Dizzy. At the end of the day its down to choice. Take your time before choosing someone and look at all the feedback bad and good. Like i say in the post it may not necessarily be your experience if you happen to go with them (There are good stories) but on the otherhand it could well be.......

In regards to how it went for me the second time and how I was treated, as far as im concerned, if this feedback (which TD left me no choice in putting up) dissuades just one person or more from using TD I'm happy.

All i can say is TD have been amazing with customer/ advice/ help even at silly hours of the evening,

I had mine built by TD stage2 forged and also back later for a TD td04 hybrid kit,

Its not a short trip for me, 240 miles each way!!

But i wouldnt use anyone else!

Was kept up to date on details and parts etc etc

I spoke to a few tuners regarding building/ repairing mine when it died, and mike was the ONLY tuner that had the time to listen to what i wanted from it, even saving me money on bits i wouldnt need!

It dosnt matter what tuner you use some people will like some will hate,

Its whoever YOU are happy with...

If your not happy dont use them, simple??

I will vouch for mike on his service and communications!

All i can say is TD have been amazing with customer/ advice/ help even at silly hours of the evening,

I had mine built by TD stage2 forged and also back later for a TD td04 hybrid kit,

Its not a short trip for me, 240 miles each way!!

But i wouldnt use anyone else!

Was kept up to date on details and parts etc etc

I spoke to a few tuners regarding building/ repairing mine when it died, and mike was the ONLY tuner that had the time to listen to what i wanted from it, even saving me money on bits i wouldnt need!

It dosnt matter what tuner you use some people will like some will hate,

Its whoever YOU are happy with...

If your not happy dont use them, simple??

I will vouch for mike on his service and communications!

You say all this but i think im right in thinking that you are having to go back to TD to have your engine inspected as the crank is fucked?