Hi can any one help me out i just got my FCD and i no how to fit it am just not to sure on how to go about setting it up as its got 12 positions that it can be set to and im not to sure which one to set it to.

if any 1 can help me out that would be great thanks...

Yeah, what boost are you planning on running?

You can run 12psi without touching the fuelling or needing the fcd, then if you want to go above that you'd be best getting an uprated intercooler and a new unrestricted mani to make sure no damage is done to the third piston.

Ma glanza only runs on high boost it dosent have a hi/low switch, n i do get the engine managment light coming on when i thrash it n now n then it has flat spots when i put the foot down...

I am planning on getting a front mount and a de-cat in the next month aswell.

So you don't have a boost gauge then? The FCD really isn't needed just now then. Aswell as the frount mount I'd suggest getting either a boost controller with a built in gauge or gauge aswell as a boost controller.

With the decat and fmic set the boost to 12psi and it should be enjoyable then.

Hi can any one help me out i just got my FCD and i no how to fit it am just not to sure on how to go about setting it up as its got 12 positions that it can be set to and im not to sure which one to set it to.

if any 1 can help me out that would be great thanks...

Do yourself a favour and sell it on ebay!

Do some reasearch before you go bunging crap like that on a standard engine! Anyone fancy a buggered engine to rebuild???????? because thats what'll happen if you get wrong!

You are only heading for trouble with them, sort your fueling, breathing,boost gauge and an adjustable actuator will help you stop hitting fuel cut,assuming you have sorted an alarm,decent tyres, brakes and suspension first. :p

Do it cheap......Do it twice :pB)

No mate an uprated actuator will let you up the boost which means you will hit fuel cut. What people are saying is that you can't just fit an FCD and thats the problem sorted. A FCD on its own will make you run very lean, bad news for your engine. You need a minimum of a fuel pressure regulator to go with the FCD and a RR session to check your fuelling. If you fit both the FCD and FPR you can then fit an up rated actuator and turn the boost up. Wouldn't go over 1bar on a stock CT9 though, much over that and it will be out of the little tubbys efficiencey range.

A i c cheers Hutch,

i dont no that much about turbo cars as this is my first 1, i just thot with me hitting fuel cut id just need a FCD to fix the problem didnt realise wat else would be needed... dont want to be fixing a buggered engine lol

i was intending to get a rr test after xmas when I've got my intercooler n de-cat on anyway.

thanks for the help and info people am glad i asked the question now :p

A i c cheers Hutch,

i dont no that much about turbo cars as this is my first 1, i just thot with me hitting fuel cut id just need a FCD to fix the problem didnt realise wat else would be needed... dont want to be fixing a buggered engine lol

i was intending to get a rr test after xmas when I've got my intercooler n de-cat on anyway.

thanks for the help and info people am glad i asked the question now :lol:

Forget the decat and cooler till you have sorted the fueling out and fitted the actuator set to just below fuelcut or you will still be hitting fuelcut!

Sort the basics out first, you wouldn't try building a house by trying to put the roof on before the foundations and supporting parts are in place,so apply the same common sense when building your car. It's gonna cost you a fortune otherwise. :o