EP82 CLOCKS INTO AN EP80

Just said I'd ask here has anyone done this type of swap basically fitted a set of GT starlet clocks into an ep80 or ep81 I'm mad to get this done as I hate the boring look of my clocks at the minute

any help would much appreciated

What engine is in your ep80?

Im also looking into this

2e-e 12v efi

The plugs are totally different on the back, when i put GT clocks in my 85 i had to put a GT dash loom in aswell.

It would have to be a 4E engine i reckon.

I know the plugs are different im going to chop the plugs of a gt dash loom and wire them into my ep80 loom tracing the wires to which pin goes where but im wondering if anyone had done this before and maybe might have the proper way of doing the wiring ,,ive seen the gt clocks in an ep80 before but the owners never posted any info about doing it

Edited by JDMfreak

Yeah you may have to trace some wires from the ecu that don't already exist in the dash such as rpm feed. It is very possible. Finding out which wires do what on the clock side will be the difficult part unless you have a gt loom to trace?

I know I can get my hands on a gt turbo dash loom and then do the pinout from that to the clocks the rpm feed i'll take form the diagnostics side plug I did this when if fitted a rev counter to my ep90

Are you keeping that engine or gonna drop a 4E in eventually ?

i'll be holding onto this engine for the time being till I go for a 5efe when the cars finished with bodywork and everything as its my daily

Doesn't matter either way as it's easier to keep the ep80 dash loom if you swap a 4e in.. Made my conversion piss easy anyway lol

why is it easier Richard I thought I'd have to go for the full soleil dash and engine loom to run the 5efe at a later stage