mapped cupra r vs glanza

Hi guys I recently bought a glanza and it has a tdo4 mapped to 1.0 bar ment to be 252bhp dont get me wrong car is mental has lsd diff so torque steers like mad, but I raced my mate in his 280bhp cupra r he did go abit before me an I didnt hit boost straight away but I didnt come past him started to catch, now hes rubbing it in surely 252bhp in a glanza should be quicker? Anyone got any ideas on anything that could effect performace it was last dynoed in 2008 haha,good service need let me no any advice please or if youve had similar problem

Im not sure that figure would be accurate if im honest most 1bar td04 glanzas are around the 230bhp figure but you should still give a 280bhp cupra R a run for its money as you will still have power to weight ratio on your side

maybe get it on a calibrated dyno and see for yourself what the figure is ?

Yeah I thought I would rip him I was catching but only a little dualie, the dyno was at tuning developments where all the work was done set to 252bhp at 1.0bar all mods are on their still standard injectors tho, but like I say this was 7 years ago, im going to talk to tunin developments see if I can go down for a health check an a re-tweak, just wondered if their could be something obvious someone may have experienced thats all :)

sounds like you got jumped and were caught off boost.

wouldnt take a quick car to leave an 100horse starlet behind.

nomatter what HP you have if you are caught off guard your always going to be playing catch up :)

was it 252bhp at the fly ?

haha be some td04 if it was at the wheels lol

Phil

Edited by Philm

Yes 252 at the flywheel, and yh basically I was in 2nd at 2k revs, he was in boost an dipped his clutch he said plus went on 2nd beep not third, haha so yh I got jumped but didnt catch as quick as I thought I dunno maybe im expecting to much from the car im gonna get it dynoed next week see what power is now first a good service is in order

did think it was a little optimistic on a td04 to be running 252atw but most people would give the figure at the wheels not at the flywheel :)

but guess it could have been a td billet td04 which should easily get near that figure at the wheels lol

Edited by russ78

It happens so fast timing is everything to me it's a case of how fast you can get to your power if he was already hitting boost before you it's definately a catch up game the chances are you have lost power leads get tired worn dizzy cap, fresh service can't go a miss sounds like you underestimated the cupra don't give him the chance next time haha :p