ABS light

Hi...

I am trying to sort a few things for my MOT next month and noticed previous owner has kindly removed the ABS light as that stays on all the time... Is there any reason why this would be? I can't even budge the sensors to clean them up or anything they are totally stuck and am worried of breaking them.

Is there any common problem with the light being on?

Thanks

Could be a fuse to a faulty sensor or ring. I got totaly rid of mine as I had the same problem and never worked! So just got a TD removal kit and wacked it on :)

But as you have an MOT take it down to a garage to see if they can find the problem? :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have my MOT in a couple of months... I've heard that somehow you can check why your light is on / what sensor it is that is causing the light to be on... How do I know what sensor it is?

Thanks

Kate

Thanks for the PM.

My airbag light is also on but I think that's linked to my horn not working because of there being no clock spring in steering wheel. But anyway, I shorted the TC and E1 terminals on the diagnostics port to get a code for the abs light but for some reason my airbag light giving me a code and not the abs... That was just constantly flashing like it always does? Any ideas?

Could there be a dodgy fuse? If so what one is it?

Thanks

Kate

Ya till you have a jesus moment and you slam them on and slide rather than stop lol.

To me I'd prefer the safety rather than a bit of space in the bay looks fugly granted but so does a glanza after a rta lol

Pads are fine as they are new.

Apparently I can't just put tape over it or take the bulb out as they still got to make sure it works?

I'm gonna try and get the code tonight out of it. Blooming thing!