NightSpirit Trackstar....

Jase, got a link to IVA requirements? I think I have a handle on it but may be massively under-estimating what's involved.

Full manual is here Mark.

http://www.completekitcar.co.uk/Resources/...%20May%2009.pdf

Its a flippin nightmare.

Main parts you will need to worry about is stuff like height of headlights, indicators etc The Caparo T1 has its headlights at the lowest allowed, not sure if the radical is lower than that?

Sharpe edges, every contactable edge must have a 2.5mm radius or bigger or its classed as a sharpe edge and a fail!

Fuel tank, fuel tank cannot be in the passnger compartment or the engine compartment so needs its own compartment, this compartment must have drain holes incase there is a leak. If there is a leak the fuel must escape to outside and not to engine compartment/passenger compartment. This is the worst section to be honest.

If i buy the fuel cell from you Mark i will talk through what i know when i collect it :thumbsup:

Jason :o

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balls...that sounds like a total minefield. The Clubbie fuel cell is behind passenger seat/drivers seat (width of vehicle). If I go to buy one I'll have to take the manual and do as many checks for feasibility as possible.

Balls...that sounds like a total minefield. The Clubbie fuel cell is behind passenger seat/drivers seat (width of vehicle). If I go to buy one I'll have to take the manual and do as many checks for feasibility as possible.

Minefield aint the half of it Mark!!!!!!

Its like being gagged and restrained, put in a passenger seat of a car and having Stevie Wonder at the wheel while you drive through that minefield at speed!

Best thing to do would be to contact Radical and see if anyone has made one road legal???

If the fuel cell is behind the seats all you would have to do is make a firewall between you and it, and ensure its air tight. but it needs to have a filler cap not in the passenger/engine compartment.

There is so much to that IVA manual its unreal!

Jason

Mark, just get an Ultima GTR instead :o

insurance on the rad is about 300...

bluebear is right, ultima would be first choice but if i cant find time to put a fuel system in the ep..i'll have no chance with the 450+ hours to build a gtr :thumbsup:

insurance on the rad is about 300...

bluebear is right, ultima would be first choice but if i cant find time to put a fuel system in the ep..i'll have no chance with the 450+ hours to build a gtr :thumbsup:

Try and find a part built Mark. You will find that most people don't have time to spend 450+ hours building a kit car. They buy the kit with the best intentions and then never finish it, so you may find one that is almost there???

Jason

Turnkeys are usually a few thousand more in my experience, but you know its all done and to their standards as well.

The cheapest option will be a part built, problem is though you never know how someone has put it together and you may have to check/redo some of the work.

I bought the Demon as a part built, was stupidly cheap but when i got it trailered back it was clear that it was built like shit. Needless to say i have taken it right back to chassis, so basically started again. I wouldn't like to think how much money and time i have spent on it now! :thumbsup:

Turnkey Ultima's are around 45 k+ that's a little too much I think.

I want something cheap to maintain, silly performance and with sequential gears out of the box (hence the bike engine route). I'll try and track down an SR4 Radical. Radical made these as road legal so getting a track version should be easier to put on the road.

Likewise Gaz,

Shame the first time we have a proper catchup is over stripping the car.

sad times man, hate to see this

shedding a tear, we never had that final photoshoot

Si, come over for hugs and a beer (and the arb)...sad times indeed.