Hello all!

Well as promised by Socks as part of the purchase it's time to begin my project thread for all to see :)
I've only been in the starlet scene for around 6 months now buying my glanza V from a family friend for mega cheap due to one of the head studs being cracked, once I replaced the head, gasket and cambelt and took her for a drive i was sucked into the way it sounded, drove and felt and knew I'd be keeping it to do more mods!
I always loved the idea of a 4x4 one but never thought I'd see myself owning one until this beauty popped up, so rather quickly I decided to take the opportunity as I know there's not many about.

Here's my glanza just after a machine polish at work...

27B02851-143F-422F-B12E-9C8F81CEE381_zps

The spec is as follows:
Nur spec back box
EMB
Fuel pressure regulator
Hks actuator
Air filter relocation kit
Jperformace intercooler
Toyosport mani :/
Hks BOV
Unknown decat and mid section
Blitz boost controller
Hks turbo timer
Magnercor leads and new ignition system

The majority of those parts will be getting transferred along with the body pieces and wings due to the damage, all except for the mani haha!

After a long day travelling to get the car I didn't get a chance to drive it until the next day which when I did I was pleasantly surprised :) Unfortunately the N/A doesn't give you the opertunity to test the 4x4 to its full potential but the grip is awesome on corners!
After around 30 mins a noise started coming from the rear at low speeds and my heart sank! We pulled into a car park to see if there was any obvious faults but couldn't see any. When we tried to push the car it was Asif the brakes were stuck on but the noise wasn't your average brake fault which made us wary of the actual problem.

So while the sun was out it was a good time to get her in the air and see what's going down. Everything spun freely when the wheels were in the air so I decided to see what's going on inside the drums.

EE91EDC9-B279-46F0-A88E-789D68C5C78A_zps

F9FC8940-C1AC-4384-93A2-52B29C653527_zps

C4257931-4C90-464A-A0FC-0AF61FF224C0_zps

I got the brake cleaner out and gave them a good going over and as you can see they are in great condition! Looks like someone's been there before me :p I removed the shoes and regressed them next and reassembled.
Also took the opportunity to check everything underneath was okay and moving as it should!
With all the wheels off the ground and the car in gear I could see the magic happen :) also check the diff oil whilst I was there and it was still fresh as stated in the sale!

54F8EF07-85D8-44E5-A15B-3085BD453593_zps

After another road test there was no strange noises which was a relief!

I've got quite big plans for the future and I'm going to be a patient! Take my time with it and do it all properly.
Socks bullied me into buying his race tech tdo4 kit he had ;) although I didn't need much convincing!
So along with that I've got a 5e engine in the garage which will be getting forged In the near future so I should have myself a great set up!

I've also got a celica brake upgrade kit which will be going on soon and also a toms rep front bumper...

2B86C691-9917-4E22-A4C3-87AA4B1EA164_zps

46A36FA2-FB87-4E8B-BF6D-6E33951E53F6_zps

39496AE0-34D7-49CA-8952-E460218AA10B_zps

E67C7D95-D00C-4CD4-8D92-66DA68DECCF3_zps

Tucked away in the bedroom ;)

I hope to keep you all regularly updated! And apologies for the lack of body pics!

Jack

Edited by Scoobysvx
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys! I should hopefully have my forged rods & pistons on order by the end of the week :D then it's just a case of buying the rest of the rebuild bits, uprated bearings and bolts etc!

I'm in two minds about the exhaust on this though, as there's no bolt in kit which wouldnt allow the full flow of the td04 I'd have to get a custom one made but then I have the problem of ground clearance as id like to lower it in the future too!

The other one is obviously the side exit which does take my fancy, I'd require it to have a removable bung as I don't think it would be too neighbour friendly haha

Is yours going to be a daily Daniel? Because if mine was a track car id say side exhaust all day long but mine will be a daily.

Hello jay, yes that was me, since then I've meet russel a few times, he was who I got the brake kit from. Appreciate that buddy! I'm in Brentwood as well so ain't to far from you :)

Nice stack of parts already, would be good to see an E**5 project completed for once!

Guilty haha.

Yeh me too Daniel but when your the first to do something your usually to one who has the problems haha!

I will be seeing this one through to the end for sure

Weemans 85 has a full system am sure.

Yes it does. Bean had a custom 2.5" made for it. Also i ran a side exit on my v every day as a daily just coast along down the road when its late :) i used to help get the street up for work haha. I've a system for my ep85 5door coming from japan but not a clue what size pipe work yet lol

Hmm helping me go towards the side exit there shorty! 😉

Yeh I saw your system in your project and it looks awesome... Surely there's never going to be another one of those for sale anytime soon! Is it a 2" system?

Ah sorry rich! Matt said you and another guy were desperate for it lol, was first come first serve though I believe

Edited by Scoobysvx

be nice to have a go in one of these, as never had before..

yea I see russ every week pretty much..

helped him out a lot in last year and kept him on the straight path.lol..

if you need advice drop me a line, you coming bluewater meet sat?

Sure thing man, it will change it completely having some power there to play around with!

Cheers! You'll probably regret saying that haha might need some advise on a suitable clutch! Yeh I think I will be, didn't realise it had come round already, how many people is there going do you know?

• 4 weeks later...

Picked myself up a bargain last night only about 20 mins away too which is great! Not sure exactly what there from but there in pretty good condition, I believed they was stored up for a few years so they'll need a good scrub up but the bolsters are intact and there's no rips to the fabric, just need to refit the top trim and get the fitted 😀

imagejpg1_zps9dabac90.jpg

No real updates other than respraying the wiper arms, just continuing to save for the engine!