• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made quick work of that buddy nice one :) be interesting to see pics of the exhaust when its built, there really isnt a lot of space for a good system if you go over the axle which is a bit shit because side exits arent for everyone.

Cheers guys!

The system is made up and fitted :D I'll pop some pictures up tonight If I get a chance, sound beefy!

It's only got a stubby back box and some more modification may come if I choose to swap over to a glanza rear end as I think it's an inch or less to the right. I've been out briefly with 4 people in the car and it doesn't knock what so ever so I'm pleased with it!

Also got my new clutch and race spec rocker cover coming too

Haha Yes they'll come soon!

Tbh I've not really used it much at all due to a few thing that need to be done, currently using 206!!! I just wanted to get it all running and drivable to make sure all was well.

Despite the gearing not being to friendly on the motorway I think it goes well with a larger turbo as your never to far away from boost!

The drum issue is back though! :( I've got 2 new slave cylinders on order as I don't believe 1 of them is returning as it should.

Along with a few other service bits to be fitted

Well ill start with the exhaust system, as you can see its far from the workmanship of race-tech & Wepr Etc but for the price and turn around time I'm happy with it for now!

Here's the front half, with the lowering springs on the front its about as low as its every going to sit so it shouldn't be too much of a problem!

front_zps1ca5bca9.jpg

mid_zps2c0ef248.jpg

There's the backbox, it does look incredibly close but like i said it doesn't knock unless you give it a hard push... which i cant exactly replicate when driving so it shouldn't be an issue!

box_zpsb2607823.jpg

As said before if i wish to use the glanza bumper then ill have to get the backbox moved over a couple of inches

rear_zpsd6f5cf0f.jpg

Apologies for the poor pictures!! I will get some when its in the air soon so you get a better idea

A couple of the much needed clutch, got it for a great price and as you can see its only just been run in ready for me to abuse ;)

clutch_zps54fe4be2.jpg

friction_zpsccfbc57f.jpg

Race spec rocker cover which has been smoothed off, and soon to be polished

Rocker_zps7342a250.jpg

Of course i had to show it off at work :p Also got one of the guys to give it a quick clean... Not so stealthy though!

wash_zps845eb990.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello guys

Sorry for the delay! My project has been put to one side at the moment due to some unfortunate events the day before mapping...

I had it booked in at street-racer to be mapped on a Saturday, after ringing about the essex area I couldn't find anyone who'd map it! They seem pretty good there, mainly working on civics I believe having there own one running in the 9s at santa pods

So after my pre flight checks on Friday I decided to take it out for a quick spin to make sure all was well and after introducing a small amount of boost I encounted a quite serious misfire much to my disappointmet, after checking it over I carried out a compression test to find one cylinder was down to around 170 whilst another was at 200 and the rest around 220 😞

So she's been stood up in the garden waiting for my savings to grow!

I think ill get street racer to build my forged 5e after speaking to them as they said they deal with zisco quite a lot so sourcing the parts is easier for them & they've built a fair few 4e's!

As far as the body is concerned, it will be converted to look like a glanza with my toms rep front bumper fitted, eventually!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update but I had to fire her up today as I'd finally got round to selling the V shell

image_zpsc9328dc8.jpg

Put the 4 wheel drive to the test on the wet grass! There was tiny bit of spinning on the front wheels until the back come to the rescue 😛

image_zps28aefcfe.jpg

I took what I needed off there before she went.

I'll be looking for a carbon bonnet & boot with mid spolier as well now

• 2 weeks later...

I received a nice package from meister today 😄

image_zpsd4e54a34.jpg

Can't wait to get these fitted, hopefully the weathers good at the weekend and I can crack on

I'm also speaking to my engine builder about forging my 5e so that should be coming along soon!

In the mean time I'm just trying to collect all the little bits and pieces required to finish it off. Got my purple an10 breather fittings not long ago and I'm also going to get the same ones for my fuel lines. My braided clutch line came yesturday too!

image_zpsa330bcd1.jpg

Once I've got everything off the parts will be going off to the polisher, along with a painted engine bay it should look pretty fresh 😊

Loads more goodies arrived this week :D

The rest of my braided fittings, most of which are pre made to may need cutting down

IMG_3472_zps72c3ae80.jpg

Polished fuel rail with an6 fittings welded on each end

IMG_3473_zpsa2151de2.jpg

IMG_3474_zpsee21b726.jpg

Purple hose piping to replace the blue which is already there

IMG_3475_zps868ec457.jpg

New OE spec release bearing as i didn't like the thinner one supplied with my clutch kit

IMG_3498_zpsef1e9290.jpg

Track rod ends & ball joints

IMG_3499_zpsa1d08315.jpg

Purple oil filter sandwich plate

IMG_3500_zpse47a5929.jpg

5e Flywheel conversion, which i may get send off to be lightened

IMG_3501_zpsf5268ec2.jpg

Rx8 Injectors i got off the bay for £60! Will be sent of to be tested, cleaned & Rebuild depending on what they say after the testing... Still going to be cheaper than buying them from TD for £200++

IMG_3503_zpsd4687ea5.jpg

And my solid shifter bushes

2015-02-07190417_zpsfc9f4000.jpg

Now I've got some fitting to be getting on with!

• 1 month later...

Well I finally found some time and had a little bit of sunshine so I thought I better crack on with the 95!

My parts list is complete now excluding the engine, which will be built once the shell is ready for it. Abs delete kit & boost, oil temp & pressure gauges are en route too

1%20nsf%20strut_zpsbf9rb3gy.jpg

Here is my first meister coilover installed on the n/s/f :D

While I was there I thought it’d be a good time to install my celica brake kit. I had to grind down the lip of the backing plate for the discs to clear

2%20nsf%20disc%201_zpspi3gkfu7.jpg

3%20nsf%20disc_zpsuyxow9tq.jpg

Looking a lot smarter & should be 10x better than stock!!

4%20nsf%20wheel_zpslx8tlaxg.jpg

Some shinny new rotas to finish it off!

5%20nsf%20ground_zpsbi4anbr6.jpg

6%20osr_zpsyyyvpzmy.jpg

The rears can’t get any easier tbh :)

7%20osf%20strut_zpsudulh9sn.jpg

8%20osf%20strut%202_zps967tumzz.jpg

9%20osf%20done_zpse9eropmg.jpg

10%20top%20mount_zpsqpkkdru0.jpg

11%20air_zpsu5wfw7rk.jpg

12%20ground_zpsqjk63ouk.jpg

And back on the ground

13%20ground%20front_zpskthzcaor.jpg

done%202_zpsbrabqhos.jpg

done%204_zpsfaeaiu0c.jpg

done%203_zpszm5hj5sq.jpg

Done%201_zpsjdveozqx.jpg

Looks so much better now :D

I haven’t adjusted the suspension at all I just fitted it as they came. I’m going to come back to it tomorrow and hopefully get it looking more level! Then the geo set up will come once the engine is fitted