• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a bit of research on them and there lemans seats, not sure if the 'confettis' is a certain type. I didnt think there from the early evos shorty as the pattern is slightly different and most of the ones I've seen are a lighter blue where as mine are black.

At least they should be fairly unique in a starlet

I've done a bit of research on them and there lemans seats, not sure if the 'confettis' is a certain type. I didnt think there from the early evos shorty as the pattern is slightly different and most of the ones I've seen are a lighter blue where as mine are black.

At least they should be fairly unique in a starlet

• 3 weeks later...

Well the fun has now begun! I put it upon myself to get the conversion done running the td04 kit for the minute until i can save for the forged engine. As i was using my glanza as a donor i began by stripping out both engine and interior looms to swap over. Once I'd done that i began work on the 4paw...

How it looked when i started

fulldash_zps9fb1772d.jpg

dashthingsout_zpse6bd5ce5.jpg

Carpet and dash out!

halfloomout_zps06bb3c1f.jpgDash out!

Interior loom out

loomout_zps81bcf856.jpg

Dash bar out

dashbarout_zpsa4a2672b.jpg

Heater and A/C box out/ Removed the A/C condenser to get the pipes out of the bay

acconderser_zpsfd986af5.jpg

Dad helping out, jet washing the carpet while its out

dadcarpet_zps27d136a8.jpg

Pulling back the sound deadening from the bulk head so i could properly sound proof!

soundproofready_zpsb2854b8f.jpg

Got it in as much as i could

dash_zps9d32b572.jpg

Several hours later!

soundproof_zpsc4048f17.jpg

midsoundproof_zpseefc0520.jpg

Woops

loomlivingroom_zps8d4f414a.jpg

Cleaned heater box

cleanbox_zpsf7d3ae4a.jpg

Getting the turbo loom in

loommess1_zpsec312a2f.jpg

Brace bar back in

loommess_zpsb595736d.jpg

It doesnt look tidy but i can assure you thats as good as its going to get :)

turboloom_zps1b065c9b.jpg

Finally the dash went back in

dashinjus_zps596d4478.jpg

dashin2_zpse07e031e.jpg

Swapping over the fuel pumps

fuelpump_zps11816e22.jpg

More sounding deadening!

rearsound_zpsd8870f5e.jpg

Thats about as far as I've got up to atm. Im hoping to complete the interior tomorrow and then crack on with the engine swap

Thanks bud, didn't realise it kept the solid rear beam in the 4x4 ep's. I'm only really familiar with Nissans, mainly Almera's, and the Jap equivalent 4x4 had a fully independent rear suspension similar to the sunny/pulsar GTiR. I thought maybe starlets would run a similar setup

Edited by Dylanfarrell

Thanks bud, didn't realise it kept the solid rear beam in the 4x4 ep's. I'm only really familiar with Nissans, mainly Almera's, and the Jap equivalent 4x4 had a fully independent rear suspension similar to the sunny/pulsar GTiR. I thought maybe starlets would run a similar setup

Yeah its not the most sophisticated 4wd system but its pretty solid and the grip is insane :D

Appreciate all the comments guys! So i begun removing the engine from the 4paw yesterday and my dad gave the engine bay a clean for me while it was all out.

4x4engineout_zpsb8b93b9d.jpg

dirtybay1_zpsd2c959b0.jpg

dirtybay2_zps73b8a7de.jpg

cleanbay2_zpsc193e493.jpg

cleanbay_zpsf186249c.jpg

I’ll get some better pictures of the bay tomorrow as these and the other ones i took were out of focus!

Here’s a few of the N/a with the 4x4 gearbox and transfer box for those that haven’t seen one before

4x4engine_zpsf781c3ce.jpg

transferbox_zps9372ed55.jpg

gearbox_zps66354c74.jpg

And i finished up the day by taking the glanza lump out and separating it from the gearbox

glanzaengine_zps9339d5b0.jpg

dirtyengine_zps4f768270.jpg

Starlet scrapyard :p

parts_zps46708630.jpg

Next on the list was to remove the sump so i could swap over the 4paw one and modify a oil return into it.

cleansump_zpsb72a149e.jpg

returnwasher_zpsad21b60a.jpg

oilreturn_zpsdc528d8f.jpg

insidesump_zps84fda6bf.jpg

Reusing the old oil return set up and doing the best i could without a welder! It was allowed to dry for over 24 hours and cleaned up after words.

I then put the sump on and refitted the transfer and gear box

4x4box_zpsa5afee1b.jpg

beforegoingin_zps8c44b9ba.jpg

It took me a good hour just to drop the engine in due to being on my own, going back a forth to the crane making adjustments and making sure everything has cleared

midenginein_zps15d2425d.jpg

IN!!! :)

enginein_zpse96e2e9b.jpg

How it sat with a few things plugged in

wiringsemi_zpsc0767825.jpg

fpr_zps5a151382.jpg

Most of the bay back together and the all-important racetech td04 kit :D

alldone_zps345a2d4f.jpg

mani_zpsbd2a2324.jpg

Looking like a car again

carendofday_zpsc1e6c513.jpg

Finished of my dials too! Mileage swap from the 4paw into the glanza dials

millageswao_zps47c95dc1.jpg

dialson_zps2e4b04e6.jpg

donedials_zpsf1448d60.jpg

Im hoping to finish off all the little jobs tomorrow and start her up, hopefully!!!

Well it was a big day for me today! After an extremely fast express delivery from Socks, i had the last piece of the puzzle! Out of the 3 different types of radiator i had none fit with the race tech kit so i had to invest in a half size one which i would have probably done later down the line anyway.

I had to go back and check over all of my work making sure everything was tight and where it should be! Finished of rewiring my boost controller and filling up all my fluids, gear, transfer box, engine and clutch all got some fresh juice.

I took the king lead off first and cranked it over to get fresh oil round the turbo, then stuck it back on and it fired straight away, much to my surprise!!

http://youtu.be/cS4LWSQ3Je0

Well chuffed with myself!

Tomorrow is a case of rechecking everything and put things back properly... i am aware that things aren't where they should be or not at all as the case maybe so please dont pull me up on it :) It was literally just to see if she started!

The cars booked in for Tuesday to get a custom full 2.5" system made as i didnt fancy a side exit as a long term thing.

Will keep you updated :D