Hello

I am currently installing the 5efhe non asic into the ep91 which had a stock 4efe, its all bolted together nicely using the paseo 200mm clutch and flywheel, the wiring i am having done from another member on here hopefully.

popular methods is just to use the full 5e block and swap the rest over from your 4e, you will need to fix the fueling because of the extra 200ccand get it on a dyno to watch out for knock/detonation but its quite a simple conversion.

if your budget allows a e-manage blue

I have the a halfcut which the 5e camefrom from so i will be using everything from the 5e, only because i have it but if you dont then the first method also works, hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a Glanza S which I am going to install a 5efhe I have managed to buy. The engine is the non acis engine. My question is can I just swap the 4efe ecu with the 5efhe ecu? They look the same with all the plugs. Thanks

You can do it if you are sure it is the same harness. With Sera, it is the same harnes without th ACIS system. The only way to be sure is to take a look at the ignition like they said to you and if it is the sames as 4EFTE you can just swap ECU and injectors

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi all, thanks for getting back to me. when you say you have a halfcut do you mean a sera or a paseo? if its a paseo I have a 97 paseo which I've removed the engine from so could use the wiring loom from that.

I've been told that I need a specific HG thickness does anyone know what that is?

also is there a way to see how much the 4efe head can be skimmed? limit markers or something? the plan is to use the 4efe head that is in the glanza atm because I know there is nothing wrong with that one and if I can get it skimmed to up the CR even more.

just to clarify 1 thing, apart from the crank, rods, pistons, cams and length of block is everything else on the 4efe and the 5e-fhe interchangeable?

where I get my parts from they seem to know nothing about this engine because its not a UK engine and it would make life easier if they are.

I took the head off the engine today and found something that I think is really strange, only 3 - 4 of the water galleries were open in the HG the rest were all sealed (not cut out) is this correct? surely it cant be as this would affect the cooling. I cant find out how to upload pics to show you.

also some of the lobes in the cam were pitted here and there which is something else i've never seen.

all help on wiring to best engine parts to swap and use would be great.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 8/1/2014 at 11:42 AM, glanza s ep91 said:

also some of the lobes in the cam were pitted here and there which is something else i've never seen.

Just dragging up an old post as I noticed this comment... I've pulled the cams from a 4EF and 4EFE recently and both had wear on one side of the nose and flaking on the edge of the flanks. Not on all valves just random ones. Could be a pattern with the 4E/5E cams?