Performance issue!

Fitted the new engine in the car during the week and everything is working as it should, this engine has higher compression then the previous one and in better condition.

I'm getting full boost around 700 RPM sooner then the old engine and the wastegate spring now lets the car boost .75 where as before it would only boost .6 bar

The only problem I had was the knock sensor and it was causing the car to pull itself back at 2,500 rpm and was throwing the engine managment light, fitted a new one and tried to clean as much dirt out of the threads on the engine and engine management light went off.

I reset the ECU and drove for 100km's and tonight took it for a blast and the car felt sluggish and holding back big time on boost as if the knock sensor was out again. If I go 50% throttle the car pulls harder then 100% throttle.

I had the timing slightly retarded to be on the safe side and slowly advanced it and it still won't take boost, the car is actually slower at 1 bar then it is at .75 bar.

Any ideas what's wrong with it? Still shit stuck in the threads in the knock sensor??
Edited by jackkelly

Was just wondering because you said it had a higher compression thats all.

The symptoms i have are the same as yours, was also thinking it could be a knock sensor but im trying to get a hold of another MAP sensor to see if it makes a difference.

Today I reset the ECU one more time.

I changed the lambda for a Glanza lambda sensor from the civic one (unsure of condition though)

Took out and cleaned the CTS sensor.

Tightened all my intercooler piping properly and checked for any leaks.

Fitted a .7 bar wastegate spring.

Adjusted the ignition timing slightly to stop DET

Now going to run this ECU in and see how it goes, if it goes bad then I'll clean the threads for the knock sensor and then fit and re torque it.

If it doesn't then I'll burn the car down :D:shok:

Ah right mine is after new sensor and new wiring so gona go for new wiring again and shorten the pig tail to have more shielded wire and see what that does, changed the timing and it runs 100% better but still throwing up the code

Ive just changed my knock sensor, the wiring is ok. I think it feels slightly better but i wont know until i get my fueling sorted. My new FPR is stuck at almost 6 bar haha fuckin piece of shit.

Ive just changed my knock sensor, the wiring is ok. I think it feels slightly better but i wont know until i get my fueling sorted. My new FPR is stuck at almost 6 bar haha fuckin piece of shit.

standard fpr ftw!!!! Edited by richardc9052

Tbh I assumed they ran the same pressure as the turbos.. I've used both on my engine and afrs are the same..

Yeah i think it'll just be the same, i'll try the 85 one again and see :)

Have you sorted your ECU fault ?

Yeah it's not the ecu at fault lol the loom I got to convert my car is off a corolla so I don't think it will work

Ah right i duno if they are compatable.

Think my problems sorted!? :D

Do tell :)

when I fixed my wire and put in a new knock sensor it got better every time but my fueling is still miles out on WOT goes to 10.0 and maybe below but my gauge doesn't go that low idle is fine and not on boost is fine

right !!! I put in some octane booster and the car is running 10 tems better I think with higher boost as im only running standard now and my timing checked properly(as its just been fiddled with at the moment) its should be sorted

• 1 year later...