any one in uk who knows any shop that has ep 85 rear racing shafts ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mental! Looks savage mate. Bear in mind tok its the same size shaft as an ae86 on most ep85's so worth doing some measurements there as you can use ae86 shafts and they are already available from some places. Also the kouki ae86 rear diff works too.

Mental! Looks savage mate. Bear in mind tok its the same size shaft as an ae86 on most ep85's so worth doing some measurements there as you can use ae86 shafts and they are already available from some places. Also the kouki ae86 rear diff works too.

i can't use the kouki dif because it is too weak for my car ... and as for the ae 86 shafts there are much different ,it can't be done . i need a rear end complete stronger with the same ratio 2.2 from another toyota ...

Ok my bad i got my ae86's confused. Direct quote from uksc and the legend of starlets that is Enzo (dont care what anyone thinks he knew/knows his shit!)

"rear axle sizes are 24 mm which is the same as the zenki (early shape) ae86 corolla

so any lsd for that rear diff fits into this diff cusco and kazz make lsds for this

also if you are aimng for big power I've also found a company that makes custom rear strengthened axles

as ths is onsidered the weakest point in the 4paws setup 24m is awfull thin

some eye candy!

http://www.weirperformance.com/axlekitscompleterear.html "

I really hope he doesnt mind me sharing this but 4wd info is rare and few and far between tbh.

Ok my bad i got my ae86's confused. Direct quote from uksc and the legend of starlets that is Enzo (dont care what anyone thinks he knew/knows his shit!)

"rear axle sizes are 24 mm which is the same as the zenki (early shape) ae86 corolla

so any lsd for that rear diff fits into this diff cusco and kazz make lsds for this

also if you are aimng for big power I've also found a company that makes custom rear strengthened axles

as ths is onsidered the weakest point in the 4paws setup 24m is awfull thin

some eye candy!

http://www.weirperformance.com/axlekitscompleterear.html "

I really hope he doesnt mind me sharing this but 4wd info is rare and few and far between tbh.

i have already test an ae86 shaft and they can't match ...

10460705_10204301571039487_895495293721510481575_10204301570079463_1279313150607

Edited by andros starlet

Lol you miss the point that company does custom shafts. Have you emailed them? Or shall i do more work for you? I dont really know what your after mate? You asked where to get them I've given you the info. If you cant work out from here then best get a different car lol.

Lol you miss the point that company does custom shafts. Have you emailed them? Or shall i do more work for you? I dont really know what your after mate? You asked where to get them I've given you the info. If you cant work out from here then best get a different car lol.

i am sorry if i put you in trouble , i asked if there is any shop that has racing shafts for ep 85 because if i go custom is too expensive , i emailed some shops in uk and the price was about 1500 eu without even the bearings !!! some told me i can fit racing shafts of an ae86 but this is impossible ... and i can't even fit the ae86 diff because of the ratio ( it's different ) and i won't get a different car because i love starlets . any advice is appreciated ...

Youre going to have to change something.

The final drive is the ring gear which is removable from the diff right?, can this not be made to fit the ae86 diff then What about running 86 hubs so the bearing then also fit.

Or what about finding another rear axle from another car that runs the same FD as the starlet and make that fit instead?

Youre going to have to change something.

The final drive is the ring gear which is removable from the diff right?, can this not be made to fit the ae86 diff then What about running 86 hubs so the bearing then also fit.

Or what about finding another rear axle from another car that runs the same FD as the starlet and make that fit instead?

a couple days ago i understand the easy way is another diff stronger from another toyota ,but the main issue is the same ratio , i need 2.2 ratio ! i google toyota diffs 2.2 ratio but no luck ... i hope i will find a solution soon because in a few months coming the next dragsters

Edited by andros starlet

I dont suppose you do much corning but how does it feel with the welded diff? Definatley looking down this route to as im sure it wont last to long with big launches and I want to go faster!

Anyone know what the quickest 4wd 1/4 mile is in a starlet?

Contact the site in the quote I've put up. They do custom forged shafts from $210 thats really not alot atal. No one has off the shelf parts for an ep85. Its the joy of rare cars. The japs didnt really mod them either so there are no jap performance parts for them. Clearly they knew something we didnt.

I dont suppose you do much corning but how does it feel with the welded diff? Definatley looking down this route to as im sure it wont last to long with big launches and I want to go faster!

Anyone know what the quickest 4wd 1/4 mile is in a starlet?

i did 2 things , one was i weld the diff , not too much trouble there but when i remove the viscous o my god :)i can't turn too much the steering wheel :)

i did 9.1 flat in 300 meters not 402 because the drag line is 300 meter . not enough motorsport in cyprus to built a regular dragline !!! i hope some day they do :)

Edited by andros starlet

Contact the site in the quote I've put up. They do custom forged shafts from $210 thats really not alot atal. No one has off the shelf parts for an ep85. Its the joy of rare cars. The japs didnt really mod them either so there are no jap performance parts for them. Clearly they knew something we didnt.

great i will email them right now , thanks !!!