I would just like to express my dis-satisfaction about the team at Zisco Performance, Their service and lack of quality in my exhaust/manifold.

After dealing with Keith for quite a few months, and everything running smoothly after buying aftermarket parts, I decided to enquire about a 4EFE Manifold and exhaust system from him (custom) as my old standard exhaust had broken, so thought it would be good to get a nice upgrade and go for a custom setup from Zisco.

Now, after 5 months (The car is dry stored when not in use and used around 1k miles with the system on), this exhaust has rusted quite badly at the flanges, and is leaking exhaust gas (on both the manifold and exhaust).

Ds6DgOwl.jpg

i5eSuApl.jpg

X8GKaRwl.jpg

OmuYATcl.jpg

KIyA7oLl.jpg

pRIJ8Uyl.jpg

CZ41rtdl.jpg

As you can see I used stainless steel nuts/bolts to put the system together (I was supplied with steel from Zisco), the flanges have still rusted. At the particular point above exhaust gas is leaking too, hence the blackening. I bought the system as "Full Stainless Steel", so expected these to be stainless, but this obviously has been "misunderstood" by Keith and never bothered to ask what material flanges I would like to suit the STAINLESS system.

I have asked Keith about this issue, and what to do (I need it fixing), he said and I quote "Before putting it back in I would have it cleaned and welded from inside again. Everything else is fine."

So this means getting it welded with my own money/time (and taking it off the car, so now the car is not in use, due to bad welding).

After a few very formal replies between me and Keith after him trying to brush it under the carpet and get me to do the work myself to fix it, he is deciding between a full refund and collecting the lot and fixing it up (which I had to suggest). Which I am still waiting on a decision from him.

On top of the problems above, this system was requested for a 4EFE engine/body. The hangers that came on it for the centre section where to suit a 4EFTE (different position), and the lambda boss position was in the wrong position I asked for too. The reason for these being wrong.............I have no idea.............

So overall not very happy. I wouldn't use Zisco Performance if you require a QUALITY JOB doing. If you look at some of the welding, it is SHOCKING. I am even ashamed to say how much I paid for the manifold/exhaust, because it looks like it's been done by a very bad fabricator, not the fantastic Zisco Performance the forum has such trust in to do a QUALITY JOB.

Hopefully something will happen in the near future that will make me change my mind and buy from them again, but up until my items are sorted out that won't be happening at all.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie5414

I've bought a zisco system for my gt and i have to agree the welds dont look that great. this isnt an issue i have raised yet as i forgot about it until now. that is the last thing i want happening to mine after paying 550 for it! hope u get this sorted mate.

for a start if its a full stainless system no matter what the flanges should be stainless as from my understanding welding a carbon steal to a stainless doesn't go very well (not a welder just from what ive heard) secondly if the rest of the system is stainless and the flanges are carbon standard steal then they will act like a sacrificial anode and rust a hell of a lot faster due to the nature of stainless not rusting.

Well that is piss poor workmanship. Do the ss manifolds not come with a lifetime warranty like the m/s?

I will definitely be removing my exhaust for inspection but I suppose they will all have been made with the same materials. I hope mine is not leaking with m.o.t due at the end of the month :(

Custom work like the Manifold come with a 1 year warranty. The exhaust, 5 years.

Waiting on a decision from Keith to either replace all flanges with stainless and make it all good, or a full refund, it's up to him, I've had enough at this point and just want it to be over with.

Due to its low degree to thermal expansion, Mild steel is an excellent choice for flanges. Stainless steel, although stronger and more corrosion resistant, is known to expand under heat and rip off the bolts or studs holding the exhaust system together. However mild steel resilience to high temperatures and corrosion are hardly those of higher-grade steels, and is generally a poor choice for the runners of a manifold.

Jamie take it off and go see Julian at Turriff Tyres. Jaymo will weld it up there. save the hassle sending it back!

John

Will be returning for a full refund instead mate, won't be too expensive to ship over

Edited by Jamie5414

Well now I have another problem with a extension harness I ordered for "4efe wiring", and being sent to me to be used with a 4efte loom/ecu........

He is saying I should chop cables off the extension harness and send that back for a refund!!!! :help::help: He says it is "not possible" to send the ignition/main/extension harness back for a refund? "Not possible".....right.....

Well now I have another problem with a extension harness I ordered for "4efe wiring", and being sent to me to be used with a 4efte loom/ecu........

He is saying I should chop cables off the extension harness and send that back for a refund!!!! :help::help: He says it is "not possible" to send the ignition/main/extension harness back for a refund? "Not possible".....right.....

I also intend to make the relevant feedback thread for my side of that one; including how well you've handled it all with me and the interesting replies that were given over the situation

In terms of stainless rusting you need to look out for the grades. (Some eBay listings even tell you the grades).

304 is the most common cheap stainless and that will rust over time.

316 is the preferred choice but more expensive as it will never rust.

Shit times on the zisco front tho mate, hope it gets sorted soon.

Shame to see that this has happened and you are quite rightly not pleased with the quality of the item. Hopefully this gets sorted out so both parties are satisfied in the end.

Although quite surprised anyone would want to ship a product when they know there are holes in it.