Wheels4Kris Memorial Show

Northstars!

I have been asked to spread the word about a car show in memory of a young man who recently passed away just before his 21st birthday.

I didnt know him personally, however I understand from a friend of his family that his sister is organising the event in the flyer below for 24th August in Lisburn in memory of her petrol-head brother.

I dont know the circumstances under which he died, however from what I understand it was very sudden and as yet unexplained, and he was working away at a motor in the driveway immediately beforehand.

I am told that he recently completed or was involved in a Starlet build, some of the local Lisburn chaps may be able to shed some light on this?? Below is the flyer with all the relevant details; my sympathies go out to Kris' friends and family:

flyer_zps223005f5.jpg

A number of local car clubs including the NIIMC (Italian motors) are also being contacted by the family to gather further interest in the meet.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely heading up to this. I was talking to him a few nights before it happened and he was chatting away to me about my ep, I dunno about his involvement but he definitely knew what's what with them anyway.
Looks like it'll be class and its for a good cause too.

Glad to see this is gathering some local info.

I understand that the NIIMC will be in attendance, and I advised my colleague who is friendly with his sister to give AutoGlym, Meguirs and KleenFreaks a shout, and I think she has had some responses already.

Ulster Rugby Club are also donating raffle prizes.

Phil.

This seems to be gathering quite a bit of local interest, both here and with the general motor masses.

If it is being organised in stands, do you want me to organise for a NorthStars stand?????????????? If its just peel in and park thats grand, but if she is signing up stands, I can arrange for a UKSONI one if folk are willing to commit to attend????

So far Hursts and SERE have signed up to support the event.

DOE have granted permission to use an additional car park, and Meguirs and AutoGlym have been contacted, as well as ECC.

I believe the organiser has even tried hitting up Curry's for a laptop as a prize.

I am awaiting an updated flyer with the new details and there are more companies being contacted at present.

Let me know feelings on a group stand if thats how the show is being organised folks.

Phil.

ok folks, I have sent a mail to the organiser to find out if its stands or just show up and park where you like.

even if it was park at random, we could meet somewhere before hand and land in together to park up (well, you guys, my car obviously isn't road worthy lol).

I'll report back when I hear back from her!

Phil.

also, @Beth - if i can get a copy of the updated flyer (jpeg), would you mind throwing it up on JapDreamz too if there isnt already a thread up about it???

Phil.

no problemo buddy, haven't seen a thread so I'll stick one up!

I never got a response back, although my work colleague did. She was meant to get back to me.

Its not stands, however, there everyone could meet somewhere in Lisburn beforehand, roll up en mass, and park en mass.

hopefully this damn weather clears up!! past two weekends' car shows have been rained on! be nice to get a dry nite for all the shiny metal!

Phil.

I never got a response back, although my work colleague did. She was meant to get back to me.

Its not stands, however, there everyone could meet somewhere in Lisburn beforehand, roll up en mass, and park en mass.

hopefully this damn weather clears up!! past two weekends' car shows have been rained on! be nice to get a dry nite for all the shiny metal!

Phil.

Sweet, think the japdreamz lot are heading down together ish, at least a couple.

I'm definitely up for rolling in with some fellow starleteers!

Beth.

Just heard they changed their minds and there is stands! haha, just saw it on the fb, they're looking emails for number of attendees etc and there's marshals and mapped out plots and all now.
this is shaping up nicely!!

Beth

Right,

Came into work to the following mails:

Phil,

so sorry to only be getting back to you now. I wanted to clarify a few things before i passed any info on.

My dad and a few others are organising the cars into there groups on the day. He did however mention if you guys want to arrive as a group then it will be easier to place you.

We have no idea of exact numbers yet, but lets just say that from what we have heard, there will be over 300.

If you need to ask anything else I will try my best to answer and if I cant, well im sure dad will.

thanks for the interest and the support is much appreciated.

Kiera

If you could forward me a list of the group name, and roughly how many cars then I will section off an area.

Have had a lot of emails, so I can start to pull this together and make it all a lot clearer as to how many will be arriving.

So, lets get a confirmed list together then for a UKSO entry and agree a venue and time to meet and then we'll roll in together.

Where does everyone want to meet then? Sprucefield? What time? 5:30? 5??

List:

1. Phil - Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon Ti

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Deffo! I'm good for meeting wherever and whenever as I live in Lisburn so it's all close!

Joel will also be joining and his car should look well sweet as this is a week before JAE!

1. Phil - Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon Ti

2. Beth - SR

3. Joel - Toyota ae111 Trueno

Beth

Edited by bdohohh