*Pete*'s White SR Build (MR2 Throttle Body & Dyno'ed)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good mate, quite tempted with the Mr2 throttle body myself! What did you do with holes in the bonnet when you took the toyota badge off?

I brought the car like it but the back doesn't have holes, But I do need a new bonnet as that one is bent :/

Nice

After a total of 7 hours driving got these two goodies from Socks.

Main bit was this only test fitted:

2evsugk.jpg

dude is that ju7st a standard glanza bumper? I thought the headlights and bonnet were bigger so there would be a big gap between bumper and headlights?

It's a hybrid bumper, a glanza one with stock starlet grill area moulded in

And who ever done the fibre glassing on the back hasn't done the best of jobs but at least I haven't taken a perfectly fine bumper and chopped it up

Edited by *Pete*
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks really good. How come your ABS light is on "/

No clue, it goes off after turning the engine onbut I don't have abs thats the weird thing. also the indicators work and high beam warning light works normally but the hazards make the high beam flash which is really weird

Edited by *Pete*

Tiny update:

Got some news that my little starlet going on the dyno on the 6th December!! :D

Also FPR to go on tomorrow

Magnecor leads have been repaired and are being posted back.

Pictures will come tomorrow if things go to plan.

My N/A made 90.9bhp with Decat,decent induction kit and a Rolla mani, that mr2 TB should make a difference

Well time will tell.

Also FPR didn't go on today the adaptor plate I got in the kit doesn't fit so sending it back and looking for another one, seen one of id-workz but waiting to hear back.

Did get the magnecor leads on today as they arrived :D

No pictures today, I've been tinkering today and got the starlet running a lot better. Put the mr2 idle valve on to replace the starlet one that was on the Mr2 tb. runs smoother and it likes cold starts a lot more than it did :D also put a pipe leading from the valve to the catch can

• 3 weeks later...

Had to put a alternator on today the old one the bearing were going so down to the local scrappy got one of a 4efe corolla for £20 so happy days and got round to cleaning it as it was really dirty.

2nsn9lw.jpg

n1qelg.jpg

5esa6s.jpg

2noutx.jpg

mr9v78.jpg

16len2q.jpg

by the way I used a sharpie to see what the rising sun would look like and I'm going to get it done properly at some point :)