Thought id start this just because its taking most my attention at the moment.

Had the car 5 years now put 41k of hard miles on it and for the best part its just lapped up all the abuse I've thrown at it. Other than blowing a nearly new rear shock on a pot hole its been the perfect beater.

However as of late the gearbox has started to sound like its developed straight cut gears so rather than throwing in the towel and scrapping the car or spending £350 on another box I've decided I may as well make use of the spare 4age 20v and 6 speed LSD box I have floating around :D

So this is the build up to it.

2000 corolla vida

1.4 5 speed

Sr front lip

Sr mirrors

Sr fog lights

Sr full interior incl electric windows

6 speed gearknob

Speedlines

When I first got it. Pre Sr stuff, dumped on corolla gti lowering springs.

DSC03134.jpg

After it got its full Sr overhaul (minus mirrors) cost of Sr stuff... £80 bargain.

IMG_36514429937214.jpeg

One with its big brother.

IMG_36733535161823.jpeg

And yes that is what became the donor car as I stacked it :(

Anyway I've almost finished collecting any bits i need that I had sold from the trueno. Just waiting on a flywheel and alternator then ill order a clutch kit.

6 speed is getting inspected today so I can order some new parts for that to make it run smooth.

Once thats back together its full speed ahead 20v zze11 (or to be ae111) hopefully in time for JAE so I can have both 20v motors there!

Updates will follow as progress is made.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait, will be a nice boost from whats probably 80hp at best now to 155-160 and a nice short ratio 6 speed box to keep it revving away when having some fun in it :)

But Im keeping it completely stock other than a stainless cat back that I got for 100 notes and a hks panel filter that was in my trueno. So to the untrained eye it should look like a factory engine :)

Swung by toyota earlier.

Ordered

1st and 4th gear synchros

Selector hub for 1st and 2nd and for 3rd and 4th.

2nd and 3rd synchros and 6th gear is on back order till october 23rd but 6th can be replaced in situe with any luck and 2nd and 3rd werent all that bad anyway. So will be getting 6th gear when it arrives.

Clutch ordered blue print oem.

Waiting on flywheel and alternator still...

Will be pulling the gears off the shafts saturday for new parts to be fitted when they turn up on the 18th.

Cars just had a new windscreen and will be booking it in for an MOT tomorrow so its getting close now!

Cheers, Well I've paid for them just waiting on them to be delivered they were sent by the same person who I got the exhaust from and that turned up thursday so where these arw I dont know.

I've messaged the guy I got them from for tracking details but he's currently on holiday. Either way its going to be at least a week before the box is back together so I've got a bit of time on my hands but I will bear that in mind thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Gearbox is turning into a pain but will get there, cracked 1st/2nd gear clutch hub thing. So need a new one of them and a 6th gear which is on back order till 20th this month but theyve been ordered so early october they should be here.

Got a flywheel and decat from joel at Jae, was great to finally meet you.

Alternator might be on route if citylink have managed to find it!

Got my electric mirrors in and working.

Made a fuel rail non return bung at work.

I think thats where i stand atm so on hold till october.

In other new my spare 185k 5speed box for my starlet is more like a 1850mile box. Stripped it down to use bits on the 6 speed and its absolutely mint. Synchro's show no signs of wear what so ever so its nice to know i have a good box for the starlet if it needs it. :)

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to getting on with this after waiting months for a 6th gear for my lsd box. Ended up with a 2nd hand one as toyota doesnt seem to be getting any in stock.

So box is ready time to build the engine up after removing the woodruff key from the crank and replacing it.

IMG-20141116-WA0028.jpeg

20141116_152132.jpg

20141116_152139.jpg

20141116_155332.jpg

20141116_155344.jpg

IMG-20141116-WA0030.jpeg

Just need a V belt for the ac and ps and 2 bolts to bolt the AC pump and thats it. Ill be getting the belt ordered tonight after work and the bolts i should have somewhere. So should be cracking on witg the swap the following weekend :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well this weekend this happened.

20141129_110409.jpg

IMG-20141129-WA0001.jpeg

20141130_125804.jpg

20141130_125801.jpg

20141130_125759.jpg

Engine in and all bolted up, halfshalf and driveshafts all fitted, gearcables fitted throttle done, P/S and aircon connected.

Wiring loom is going in tomorrow evening then water pipes rad etc followed by fluids.

Should be up and running by next weekend at the latest :D

More updates to follow this week.

Should be good fun, Not going to be anything crazy, stock motor bar trd plug leads, Cat back, arrowspeed crank pulley and hks panel filter and the only reason they're being used are because thats all i could get my hands on.

Brakes im going to be using either corolla t-sport discs and calipers or i might use levin twinpots instead but will be 275mm however i end up finishing it off.

Suspension ill be looking for something like ebiech springs and kyb gas shocks i think.

Then i might fit my trueno rear discs and rarb and that would be it, a nice well rounded fast road daily package :)