• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only little bits All fluids are filled, exhaust done earths etc cars back on the floor for the final time hopefully, but the loom is still causing grief.

Basically we're going from an obd2 to an obd1/0 and thats causing all the issues. With the same obd a lot of the systems and control circuits are the same or atleast there but with an obd2 the ecu controls a lot more so certain parts of the loom dont exist.

This is made even harder not having ecu pinouts and wiring diagrams for the 4zzfe 1.4 corolla, I've spoke to toyota and theyre going to call me on tuesday and im going to try and blag some diagrams out of them.

That being said we think we've sorted 95% of the "to dash wires" and we're now concentrating on the fuse box wiring.

Frustrating but we will get there!

Im the mean time its highlighting lots of issues in the starlet that really need fixing :(

Well i fitted the loom last night, nothing went pop, bang or up in smoke and flames which is a bonus. Most the dash lights do as they should but no EML which is problem 1. The next is no fuel or spark but we were half expecting that as theres no switched ignition live going to the efi relay.

Only Good thing is it turns over but my battery was pretty low so we gave up amd put that on charge along with a spare.

Next attempt will be on wednesday!!

Yeah not far off, luckily i have the starlet which i can use in the mean time :)

Book is 165hp but its not very often they dyno at that. Its usually more like 150-155 which is due to them doing the book figures without auxiliaries on the engine.

My starlet for instance made 167. With a airfilter, flywheel, decat and 2.5" exhaust but that doesnt have powersteering or aircon and I've removed the tensioner from the water and alternator belt setup.

With a few extra bits its upto 182 nearly.

Well after starting on it last night at nearly 11pm and sinking back a few beers and chocolate eclairs we have one running 20v rolla. Considering its not been run in over a year it started up nice and quiet and smooth as anything.

Few issues needed sorting main reason it wasnt going was a efi relay signal but we got led astray by 2v backfeeding from somewhere. (Its all a bit over my head tbh lol)

Got that sorted, then Needed a tacho wire moving to give me a rev counter, also got my sld wired in.

Last issue is getting the ac working, going to try find a diagram for that later today after I've slept as im shattered.

So yeah the trolla will be out to play soon :)

Haha dont know about that, the wiring was left to my mate, i just do the manual labour side of things and chuck out some ideas when he comes up with issues with the wiring.

Next conversion ill make sure i can get ecu wiring diagrams for both cars 1st, this has been a right royal pain in the ass 😂

Well I've been out for a couple of test runs and am happy to say she's running sweet. Engine is quiet and smooth and no funny knocks or vibrations.

Everything seems to be working other than the aircon which needs leak testing and regassing then we can test it from there.

Tracking needs doing as the hubs have been apart.

Brakes need upgrading as they were pretty shot anyway.

Clutch needs rebleeding as its really low, maybe thats how it is but its going to be worth redoing i think.

Think I've got a set of koni shocks and some springs lined up for it also :)

Well trackings been done and she's driving lovely, everythings so quiet and smooth and the extra gear is great fun.

I finish for xmas tomorrow so will look at getting the clutch bled and maybe test fit a couple of pairs of brakes i have laying about.

Then once thats done it will be time to focus on the starlet!

Heres some pics of the bay complete

20141213_153712.jpg

20141213_153648.jpg

As requested, one comparison video and tbh its not all that far out going by the clock speed, however the speedo in the corolla was about 5mph further out than the starlet at 100mph before i did the engine swap so it might still be a way off. (Sounds like im defending the starlet quite a lot haha)

Starlet vs corolla 0-100: http://youtu.be/ZkDt9L6HAzU

Well popped up emerald for a dyno run.

They did a 4th and 5th gear run and a sustained loaded 5th gear at WOT at 5.5k run to check it wasnt getting fuel starvation.

20141222_101715.jpg

Results were 162.6hp and 121.7lbft and all the fueling was all Ok so happy that it can be abused some more now.

They also had a nice, bored and stroked 7ltr ls3 swapped fd3 rx7 running twin gt35's (i think thats what they said) should push 1000hp+ at 11psi haha