Couple of things going on atm.

Getting my spare set of speedlines coated gunmetal.

Got a couple of companies pricing up for a new c.v joint for my halfshaft, the only place to get a c.v joint is toyota as part of a whole shaft for £500+, i can get a custom shaft made for £190ish to suit a Uk corolla c.v joint so might be going with this option.

both this and my starlet will be running one once i get it sorted :)

Fitting new bearings to both halfshaft carriers.

Got a 2nd 20v head on the way so i can set the valve clearances, do stem seals and lap in valves before swapping over with a new headgasket.

So its all go so far!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest problem they had was toyotas lack of marketing. If they sold the SR or G6R with the 20v in the Uk they would have been a much more popular car as they would have had the go to math the show. But toyota had the celica as there sports car and didnt want to ruin it by having a 1.6 the same speed lol

• 3 weeks later...

Been keeping my eyes open for some recaros after getting some rails off of joel just after Christmas. Wanted something to match the Sr interior as best possible and that lead me to Evo 4 seats. A few sets popped up but these were the cheapest which probably reflects the wear on the drivers seat (now passengers) but its my daily so doesnt need to be perfect.

Heres the old seats, pretty filthy haha

20160131_130955.jpg

And the new

20160131_163911.jpg

20160131_163935.jpg

Next on the do to list is replace trackrods and balljoints then check over the engine mounts and various bushes.

Lovely car mate I have a big soft spot for these. More so the older ones with the tte kit and owned one but still love this. Wish they'd done the g6r with the 20v like you mentioned before. Im a big Celica fan too but they are painfully slow unless you go gt4 and in stock form mine felt slow.

Edited by Pikey009

Well compared to the oil burning 1.4 that was in there its a vast improvement. I reckon that old engine was doing well to be making 75-80hp so doubling that to 160 with the addition of short ratio 6 speed and lsd was a decent move :)

Are the ss3's super strut? Really would like to drive a good ss equipped car, my trueno drove well but im positive it was bent haha

Hey There's nothing wrong with 75hp! ;) is a g6 box a direct bolt on for a starlet?

I've driven a lovely white SS3 that had black wheels TD's on. Wasn't in anger but handled very well- has the super strut yeh. I actually think a tweaked one would keep up with a standard st205 gt4.

Haha not bad in a 900kgs car but one thats 1120kgs is a bit sluggish!

Yeah the 1.3 g6 box will bolt straight up to the 4efe. They did a quite rare 1.6 g6 so double check that it isnt that one if you find one, However the bellhousings can be swapped over following taggys lsd fitting guide ;)

Ahh nice, i need to test a few more cars out, I've had offers but never taken people up on them like an idiot haha.

So had my 1st set of speedlines at the powdercoaters the last few weeks, missed collecting them last week due to going and getting my recaros but eventually got round to collecting them, had to take a bit of a gamble on colour as they had no samples.

Not the best pictures but you get the idea.

20160205_141951.jpg

20160205_141959.jpg

20160205_142007_1.jpg

20160205_142013_1.jpg

Asked for a gunmetal finish and am very impressed with them. Got a set of 5 coated so have a spare, also ordered some collinite wheel sealant for them too after checking some reviews and it being pretty well rated .

Next step, choosing some rubber and maybe a new set of bolts to finish them off.

I have some D1 spec nuts same as what socks just sold only slightly different in style if your interested? I bought them, and then bought some plain black steel ones instead so they've been sat in there box for a good couple months

Posted Image

Posted Image