Ginge's Sr #2 remix updates !

so basically ive owned the car for over a year now but when i bought it i had to put it in my mates garage till mine was sorted which meant i couldnt even see it for the first 3 months lol

ive been meaning to make this since day 1 but never got round to it and have been moaned at by a few people for it so here it is in pictures from day 1

its a 1998 sr with loads of owners and mileage is at 125000 its been around on here ive seen it was pretty much standard just a full glanza interior even down to the low boost button haha

image_zps7d816932.jpg

image_zps12077d32.jpg

i then a week later got some coilovers adjustable panhard rod and a front oem brace of jhandy whos a good mate of mine

image_zps49f1ae4c.jpg

then i finally got it in my own garage and the work started 3 months later !!!

image_zps0e406797.jpg

image_zpsa654b1fb.jpg

my wheels needed some tyres and refurb so off they came too

image_zps274b0966.jpg

then jhandy asked me to come with him to pick a fpr up off a guy braking a glanza local who turned out to not know alot about what he had so i purchased a few things off him for cheap cheap, glanza bonnet, wings, bumper, lights, boot, jam spoiler, jam rear bumper,rear oem brace, rear axle front hubs glanza brakes all round, cup holders and oem wind deflectors and all for just over £300 and i werent even gonna do much to this car haha

image_zps6ab50581.jpg

image_zps58b0928d.jpg

image_zps8ccea1d3.jpg

image_zps896b4399.jpg

image_zps9de341d5.jpg

image_zpsdaca3c69.jpg

then my bay felt neglected so i treated it image_zps8cea2103.jpg

and these bad boys turned up :)

image_zps9a9f4a9d.jpg

image_zps053c25e0.jpg

and after a lot of thinking of going boost or not i decided to keep n/a :) and got these

image_zps0a67aced.jpg

image_zpsf5166274.jpg

throttle bodies and apexi middle and rear system for a glanza which then meant making dean @rwd work his magic image_zpsf07042f7.jpg

then that meant i had to get a half rad to fit image_zpsaed33ebb.jpgimage_zpsc81368a3.jpgimage_zps45bcca10.jpgimage_zpsaefd4a98.jpg

theres still a few minor adjusments needed to get the itb's working fully and ive also decided i want the n/a look back so it will be going in for a full respray and all the old panels back on eventually

thats pretty much it i think thats as far as i am now i dont really know how far i am gonna go with this car :)

all comments welcome good or bad im always willing to take people opinions and knowledge in

Edited by JDMginge
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i just kept looking at n/a threads and i fell for the look more and more but i will be keeping the wings and interior i might get a standard glanza rear bumper maybe side skirts and as for managment i bought the throttle bodies of chris on here and he also sold me his fpr and apexi neo so it should do the job for now unless i decide i want to go further with performance, i want to focus on the handling getting that perfect

Edited by JDMginge

Yeah they are deffo a good all rounder. Cheers dude, its in need of some tlc tbh full front end respray and same with engine bay and a few brackets need doing but its mainly because im too busy enjoying it haha

If you do ill give you some pointers where I can :)

Utter bargain on the body panels mate!

yea I knew it was gonna be good when we turned up and he asked what dump valve jake was running (chatter) and then asked me why would I want these old factory wind deflectors :) lol
  • 2 months later...

Not alots been happening latley as me and jhandy have got ourselves a little unit together as it's easier :) but because that I haven't done anything on my sr in a while till today when we got our cars up there 9E9AE454-F2DB-4552-A57C-B0B3BBC8D2E9_zps

there's mine at the back :) the only thing I've done recently is got myself some head light covers which I'm really pleased with 85A27D6A-3197-44E8-9D66-D25B85E12CF0_zps

And after about 8 months of not starting it since I got the itb's exhaust and other pieces I bought a fpr adaptor for my fuel rail and some new injector seals as mine where basically solid plastic and grubby lol it started first time and sounds the nuts :) so happy just need to wire in my apexi neo for fine tuning

th_8A68C896-6165-455D-9579-10451A58B474_

Love the JAM spoiler!!

Ass end looks rude! :)

It looks even better with the apexi exhaust hanging out :) but I just don't want that look anymore the sr bootlid is going back on 31D61A41-7849-4B26-BA1D-81B4D362E41D_zps

One I took yesterday loading it up she's filthy

Yea once it's finished and roadworthy lol I'm not sure what it will make though what do you think ? Itb's, rw developments mani with apexi system, fpr and apexi neo and I wanna get some magnecor leads and new rotor and dizzy ?