94 Silver bullet and optional extra gt

Right i was told by a few people to start up 1 of these because the grey color on my gt is a bit rare and plus im collecting a few bits and pieces 4 her and adding my own touch to her as we all do

At the start when i 1st got her i didn't think too much of her needed a bit of tlc but she was rust free low mileage and nice price but i was skeptical over the mileage but i still got her

1040622_581618411860609_185049539_o.jpg

Right with over a 2 hour journey home with her the standard steering wheel wrecked my head so that had to go and of course the car was lowered and was dog ruff and roads around me are crap so normal springs to be put in her for now

Another main reason i got her is because the engine was untouched as far as i could see still have the standard blow off valve the efi pipe and of course the standard air filter box which we all know are getting rare now

She also was on 14 inch standard Toyota alloys off a glanza i think but still i like them sprayed black a bad job but not too bad

Of course the fella i got it off cut an extra post box in the front bumper for whatever reason so that's another thing on the list to do

IMG_0763_zpsb1479cb4.jpg1039623_581618388527278_1597824917_o.jpg

Too be honest i didnt take many photos of her at the start didn't it was worth it but ill try my best to make the pictures and story add up :p

Right when i got her back first thing first drove her to my buddy with a garage and a lift had a good look around couldn't see too much when she was parked when i was buying her as you all know no rust under the arches or chassis but i did find a few stupid jobs to do :sad:

She had a huge hole in the windscreen sprayers bottle and no line to connect to the sprayers on the bonnet and the motor for the sprayers was shagged how did all that happen?

Looked in the boot and under the mat no jack or wheel brace but spare jap wheel so that's a start

Plus he was very vague when the timing belt was done 1015791_581618385193945_1025557619_o.jpg

sourced a set of normal height springs for her and that made all the difference with the comfort no more bouncing around the roads now

Also when the new timing kit was fitted the old belt and pulleys when well worn so just as well i didn't believe him about it

Right also i was wondering why there was 2 different types of wheel nuts on the two back wheels

Three of the studs where cracked of course!!!

IMG_0758_zps4838f5fa.jpg

So i ditched the standard steering wheel for a leather levin/glanza one i had a BZR levin before this car and i missed the wheel just feels nicer

But i haven't thrown away the standard wheel because i like the keep her oem standard

Another thing to go was the shite alarm that came with it,

As i live close to a road every tractor or lorry that passes the car the alarm went off cant be dealing with that at 3 in the morning

So went off and got a good make with an immobilizer build in and that don't go off every 5 seconds

so with nearly all the stupid jobs done i started to enjoy the startet nice boost off her no smoke didn't burn oil

i think i got lucky with this 1 :)

IMG_0764_zps77afb0c3.jpg

Engine could do with a clean but no oil where there shouldn't be :)

So when on flee bay got a TRD oil cap and rad cap just 4 kicks

No real theme going to happen at this moment in time under the bonnet too many idea been thrown at me from all round

God you can do to much to these little pocket rockets

IMG_0765_zps74bcd017.jpg

Also i got rid of the standard spark plug leads when i was doing a mini service on her i say they where in her from day 1

Heard good things about magnecor 8mm plug leads so picked up a set

More to follow in time of course :)

Edited by gtturbo94
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks very much mate :thumbsup:

Course you be getting plenty of shout outs as the story progress along

Its over a year now so gota think hard bout what happened when

OOO cant wait 4 that bad boy now :)

:yahoo:

Edited by gtturbo94

thanks James ya i gota keep this up got a mind block last night trying to remember all the stuff that happened in the last year

No major plans just making her clean and adding a few oem extras

thanks jiggaman always good to hear that mate :thumbsup:

ya i was thinking about losing the black i got her like that its a bit different ill see how it goes prob have a totally change of heart some day and spray her pink haha :p

• 2 weeks later...

Also i went shopping while i was getting rid of that back shelf :p

I was at a car show and seen a Glanza with one of these on the back and wondered what the hell it was and found out it was a c pillar bar

so got on to Zisco just a few weeks before they closed and got 1

haha pure impulse buy

plus got rid of the back wiper and motor too don't like them too much tbh

IMG_07981_zps1adff69d.jpg

Right i also found out that conor browne and his company EP performance exists and can get way too many ep parts for my bank balance to handle :pardon:

So came across a uncut parcel shelf in 1 of his breaking ads and matty gt was kind enough for me to have it :thumbsup:

IMG_0755_zps248083cf.jpg

Two top blokes

IMG_07961_zpsa4eb06eb.jpg

rare item so i hear

Right as we all know there is a load of stuff that can be got for gt's and glanza's be it oem or aftermarket.

Some parts rare as hen's teeth others not so

So seen there a arm rest for the GT so went looking for 1 took me a while for find a clean 1 and not damaged some people very careless with these items ,pity :sad:

IMG_07971_zpse8ae1ddc.jpg

Nice smooth cloth on it nice touch from toyota

Edited by gtturbo94