Heater Matrix Removal EP91

Good Morning All,

i have an issue, my heater matrix on my EP91 has just decided to leak coolant all over my passanger side food well and my very new Emanage Blue ECU (not HAPPY).

i was wondering if anyone had taken the heater matrix element out from the box before?

i am at the stage where the dash is out and all i can see is an alarming amount of Wires. (which all all labelled and pics taken to enusre they all go back to where the belong.

i can see the matrix from the top of the white box. getting to the white box however is proving tricky,

it looks like i need to remove the massive front strut brace in the dash to get to it. is this correct?

do i need to remove the fan / condesation box / then the matrix?

as you can probably understand i dont really want to be taking off the wire heating controls, they look like they will be a bitch to re attach. dont want to touch the sterring coloum either.

any help will be greatly appreiated. sorry to bother you all with this but this is a tricky job.

kind regards Luke

remove dash, the heater and condenser all seperates into three pieces, you have to remove the two water pipes coming from the heater matrix on the bulkhead/firewall/engine side.

look carefully and you should spot 10mm nuts, undo these and it should all slot out in one piece and then you can change the heater matrix.

ive us a pm and i also have a few good spre heater matrix, they should never go ideally, depends if you had antifreeze in your coolant system to prevent rust build up.

Hey mate thank you for the reply, ok all out Easy enough. I can't get hold of a part from toyota as it was discontinued of 15 years ago. Lol. I am having one made form copper and brass for £100 good price I thought.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Luke

• 3 weeks later...