• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you matt,why could nobody else explain it like that?i must be smoking some wierd shit tonight 🙈 or everybody else is 😂😂

I knew what everyone wanted to say but Rota's get so much abuse from the real JDM whores that they will just say... Fuck fake rotas!

Compared to the Original manufacture ie Volk or Enkei etc... A set of Rota's that have been made to replicate the classic JDM wheels, are cheap.

A lot of people run them because they want the look not the actual performance / weight advantages that you would get on track for example

Rota's are developed in the Philippines, malasian, china, Hong kong so as above they do copy the JDM wheels such a Volk they might look great but in the event of a crash they probably will crack and shatter, you pay alot more for genuine parts as they are taken through higher quality tests all the fake stuff spoils us proper enthusiasts :(

I never realised there was so much politics involved in alloys!lol

Don't plan on crashing but to me they are spot on and I thought they were expensive! Good job it was the previous owner who bought them less than a month after I bought it from him 😂

Rota's are developed in the Philippines, malasian, china, Hong kong so as above they do copy the JDM wheels such a Volk they might look great but in the event of a crash they probably will crack and shatter, you pay alot more for genuine parts as they are taken through higher quality tests all the fake stuff spoils us proper enthusiasts :(

Lol...rota wheels stand up to all the necessary tests etc. main difference is they are cast not forged.... Look up at how many cars have cast wheels OEM. And that the end of the day your gonna see more broken rotas because of how common they are. Im not defending them copying any other wheel but the strength arguement is pritty invalid without REAL proof a real wheel would have stood up where rota failed

Lol...rota wheels stand up to all the necessary tests etc. main difference is they are cast not forged.... Look up at how many cars have cast wheels OEM. And that the end of the day your gonna see more broken rotas because of how common they are. Im not defending them copying any other wheel but the strength arguement is pritty invalid without REAL proof a real wheel would have stood up where rota failed

Your going to see more rota's because they are cheaper to buy new than a proper competition wheel. Real aftermarket competition wheels are pushed through major testing facility's through 100's of youtube video's a forged wheel aka not a rota wheel already has more tensile strength than cast iron, fact, therefore they will crack before a genuine one will, the proof is in the metal it's pretty valid. The stock cast OEM wheels comparison is pretty invalid as rota advertise them as a aftermarket product they will stand up to general road test but I bet there not competition tested I'm off to bed rota's are gash end of story!