Installing different seats in Glanza...

Howdy, before anyone shits a chicken, I did a lot of research but still can't get my head around this and don't want to spend any more money where it's not needed.

So the Glanza needs new seats, the drivers side is a wrecked Recaro SR2 on a recaro ep91 rail (real dodgy as there are bolts missing etc, i could rock the seat back and forth). The pass side is a mint condition 98 spec seat.

I've bought some mint condition seats from a 97 Acura Integra GSR, they're lovely seats, very comfy. Obviously the bolting pattern is vastly different and the rails themselves on the Acura seats sit about an inch wider. I can't see how the Glanza feet can be welded on without serious modification. Some people on here mentioned just drilling the rivets on the standard rail feet, and then bolting them onto the rails of any other seat. I'd imagine this would only work if the rails were the same distance apart? Either way I can't see how this can be done without serious modification.

From research, I see some people have used the ZEP Racing rails, but the retailers seem to need to know what sort of seat you will be using, so from what I can see these aren't universal. Others use the Recaro rails from Demon Tweeks, which are universal in that they have the ability to bolt any seat down to em.

How does this work though? I understand that the Recaro rails are able to be bolted down onto the floorpan using the standard bolts, but then how is the seat attached to the rail? On one side of the Acura seat, the standard rail is bolted into a threaded hole on the bottom of the seat, on the other side of the rail though it is riveted in using those solid rivets. That would leave a hole, but it's not threaded?

Any insight? Thanks.

I imagine the demon tweaks/drilling rivets method if from me

That was for fitting evo recaros into a v. The best bet for you I'd say is to make an adapter plate.

Take the seat out and put one of the Acura seats in. It should be pretty obvious what you have to do. Just make sure it's substantial and safe. Your life could depend on it one day

Buy bride seat rails and make your own adaptor plates like I did with my integra dc2 recaro seats :-)

Rob.

THIS!

Pay extra and get some top quality mounts and get some universal side mounts and drill your own mounting points.

Like this

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg