2005 polo 1.2 12v 3cyl misfire

I understand that this is a starlet forum but I know there are some clued up guys and girls on this forum that may be able to help.

As above I have a 3 cylinder polo 1.2 12v 2005 that I am using temporally whilst my car is in for forging.

I was on a small journey heading to Tesco's when the car developed a major misfire. It seems to be mainly on idle, the engine management light has come on but I haven't managed to get a diagnostic Machiene on it yet. I have heard that the coil packs are very common on them what's everyone's thoughts? I have also heard that they tend to burnt out exhaust valves. Which again is a bit worrying..?

Any advise would be highly appreciated! Thanks

My initial thoughts were coil packs as they are quite a common faults as far as I'm aware my second port of call would have been injectors. I will plug her in tomorrow and feedback with my faults including some pics of spark plugs. The car has done 14k miles from new so hoping its nothing serious ... :/

Went to work this morning, unfortunately I forgot to take my phone with me but the plugs looks good. I have solved the problem which was my initial thought of coil pack. I done a diag test and found a cyl 2 misfire fault so I swapped number 1 & 2 coil pack and erased my faults and the fault moved to cyl 1. Problem solved. Brought a coil pack and fitted. Runs a treat again :) thanks for your help guys. Much appreciated.