Unfortunately no progress with the brace, having a cba moment with it. But i did decide to pull my bumper off and bolt up my header tank bracket and remount my fan.

The bolt goes into the chassis rail so needed access, bumper and bumper bar off and 1 nut and larger washer on and we were good to go. Also shortened the header tank pipe.

20160724_131743.jpg

20160724_131251.jpg

No pictures of the fan but it was on some little brackets with springs holding it all off the rad. I cant imagine it was very efficient because it had a 10mm gap around the fan shroud to rad. My thinking would be that air takes the path of least resistance, so rather than through the rad it would go straight out the sides.

I've now done away with the brackets and have pulled the fan up against the rad directly so now it sits flush therefore forcing the air through the rad.

Also gave her a clean because she got durrrty sitting under some trees.

20160724_135145.jpg

20160724_135137.jpg

Another thing im going to be doing is making a nice alloy bracket to mount my alpha horns onto the car with so I've now got them at work. Will date with pics when thats done too :)

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't go that far to cover everything, I've got a bit of stuff left so might do my fuse box cover or maybe the injector wiring cover but thats probably it. I like the idea of the brace but its a bit more pain that id liked as the epoxy seems to react funny with paint so getting a nice finish on the ends is causing issues.

In future ill stick to something that can be completely wrapped rather than half and half

Id start with either something you can hide the edges on or a straight bar like this, the oem brace would be pretty awkward due to the curve and trying to hide the ends somehow. It very quickly becomes messy where the strands pull out when brushing the epoxy on.

Plug cover and cambelt cover would be good, flynn sold his recently but i just wasn't sure i wanted that much carbon just yet lol

• 1 month later...

Cars finally in the bodyshop, two weeks late so very unlikely it will make jae unfortunately :(

But i will have a nice straight rear 1/4, fresh front reflet bumper, painted vented bonnet and freshly painted rear bumper they may also be sorting some light rust on one of the sills before it gets to the point it will fail an mot.

Speedlines have gone to the powdercoaters and being done a darkish silver.

Need to order another pair of Ns2r's and a new battery!

Cars finally in the bodyshop, two weeks late so very unlikely it will make jae unfortunately :(

But i will have a nice straight rear 1/4, fresh front reflet bumper, painted vented bonnet and freshly painted rear bumper they may also be sorting some light rust on one of the sills before it gets to the point it will fail an mot.

Speedlines have gone to the powdercoaters and being done a darkish silver.

Need to order another pair of Ns2r's and a new battery!

Awesome matey. Really do love this car! What do you think of the NS2Rs? You used them on track at all?:) cheers

Cheers, hopefully i find the love for it when its back on the road too! :)

I cant comment on the ns2r's yet I've only got 1 pair on the back of my daily atm, with another pair of the softer ones in my shed ready to go on my speedlines when they return.

Im probably going to use the ns2rs for road tyres and have my sparcos with ad08rs or similar for track when its ready for it.

Finally, We have progress, this was the reason it didnt make jae but theres always next year i guess!

This was friday just before i headed up to JAE. Quater has been pulled out and filler applied to any ripples/creases left. But its not been flatted back yet in this pic

20160909_132136.jpg

Then popped back in after work today to see how it was getting on. Front bumper has had the rub strips filled and has had the first coat of primer rear has also been primered along with the quater/rear light area.

20160912_174410.jpg

My car has the standard dents/crease above the drivers door so thats going to be smoothed and painted to avoid any blending whilst its in there too.

Its wrapped up like a present haha

20160912_174357.jpg

20160912_174350.jpg

20160912_174331.jpg

Should have it back thursday if all goes to plan. Will just have my vented bonnet left to be painted :)