Yeah its going to get these little issues over time. I have got a pair of doors here which are much straighter than the ones on it so its either a trip to dent devils to see what they can do or swap them over.

With them on, new stickers and new wheels she will be pretty tidy, bit of sprucing up in the bay and swap to my spare recaro and that will be better still :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it was dark when i got the car and then went on holiday the next day so no chances of photos untill i went around my mates where i left it.

Unfortunately it was raining when i went round there so the pics aren't the best either but heyho

Front bumper has been smoothed as well as painted. Have my cupra lip to fit back to it too which should finish the front off nicely

20161001_163540.jpg

20161001_163514.jpg

Quarter panel was pulled straight and has a very small amount of filler near the front of the arch and a tad near the light but very very minimal. He also smoothed some dents over the drivers door and painted the whole panel right down the the bottom of the A pillar.

20161001_163502.jpg

Rear bumper needed a bit of heat and pulling out near the arch and has been repainted.

20161001_163610.jpg

The work thats been done is spot on just highlights the bad parts elsewhere now though haha.

I have my vented bonnet in with them atm and i may get a set of wings to have painted just to finish it off as the boot and other quarter are pretty good still.

Now to finish other stuff off and get it back on the road!

• 4 weeks later...

Got my front spacers fitted. Had to chop the studs down so they didn't protrude out the front of them. Think these were 15mm rears are 20 or 25mm

Before

20161030_123225.jpg

After

20161030_141654.jpg

20161106_145032.jpg

Still got the rears to do but that will be done shortly.

Also got my pump wired in but battery was to flat to test it, managed to get all the wiring tucked out the way so unless you have a good look it won't jump out at you.

20161106_144939.jpg

Going to make an alloy bracket for my alphahorns soon to and may look at swapping out my brake bias valve for my turbo one that I've had for like 2 years 😂

• 4 weeks later...

Had to modify the rear spacers slightly to clear the centerbore on the rear discs but theyre all on finally. Shes sitting well and looking soo much better.

Before

IMG-20161203-WA0007.jpeg

1480775048217.jpg

After

IMG-20161203-WA0005.jpeg

20161203_183639.jpg

20161203_183651.jpg

Also ordered a set of ad08r's for my speedlines so i will be able to get these wheels refurbed pretty soon :)

Not much left to do now to get it MOT worthy

Number plate

Horns

Rear bulbs

Refit rear interior

Think thats the main things

Cheers guys.

Just contemplating having the radiator modified to move the top pipe over to the NS as i dont like the stupid looping pipework that its currently got as its a pain to bleed. I think im going to do the thermostat so may aswell have that done at the same time.

You can just make out it dropping down out and going under the bottom pipe then back out to the head.

20150703_170534.jpg

The outlet is too close to the one on the head to get a decent join in there but if i were to move it over it wouldn't be a problem.

Whats other peoples thoughts?

Well rad came out this evening, thermostat was changed whilst i was at it too. My mate is taking it to work with him so he can blank off and move the outlet over so i can have a flat top pipe thats not a pain to bleed.

Also these turned up earlier :D

20161207_200218.jpg

Not what i was going to go for originally as i was going to get a set of ns2r's for £100 but i got impatient and ordered these off a lad on facebook for a good price.

Just got to get them fitted and we shall see how the speedlines sit in the arches!

Can you do something like I did? Modified the outlet so its 90 degrees to the front of the engine

engine-bay.jpg

Sorry this is the only photo I could find that shows it clearly.

191%20-%20Radiator%20in.jpg

Edited by Stu

Thats quite a neat solution but i dont think that would have worked on mine. Your engine seems to sit further over allowing for that nice swept 90, my outlets would almost be ontop of each other if i did the same.

We shall see how this works as its all welded up already lol

Not sure how these will display as they were sent over whatsapp

IMG-20161208-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20161208-WA0000.jpg

Will get this fitted and bled over the weekend and see how it all comes out :)

Got the rad mounted eariler, needed to mod my header tank brackets as the lug was moved slightly but nothing i couldnt sort at work.

20161210_145255.jpg

20161210_145246.jpg

Need to find some piping to fit, will maybe need to cut up the old stuff but shouldnt be too bad.

Also chucked the alpha horns in to see how they looked but still need to wire them in.

20161210_145241.jpg

20161210_145657.jpg.

New battery was bought, went for a standard yuasa battery rather than a dry cell like i had considered just due to the fact im not very likely to look after a drycell and the car will moat likely sit from time to time. Plus i could use a halfords trade card :p

So numberplate, horns and rear lights remain to be sorted so nothing major!

Had a play about with my old piping and sorted out the top hose. Need to get some beads welded on the ends to stop the pipes poppig off then it can all be assembled and bled.

Obviously the clamps need fitting but this was just for a mock up.

20161211_134646.jpg

20161211_134641.jpg

Also fitted my new battery and had a quick wind of the steering to test the PS pump. Needless to say its a vast improvement but it didnt seem to power off so a bit of investigation is needed to see how it should work.

Number plate on

20161211_145958.jpg

Horns dont seem to work which is annoying but can slag my old one on for MOT so no issue there other than i have 2 useless horns 😑

Had a quick look at all my lights, need a front side light bulb and the rear i think im going to need some bulb paint to make the lower clear lenses show red for tail lights and the OSR to act as a fog light. Might try painting chrome over a bulb to see if if still shows the colour through it as no one like the fried egg look lol