Yeah I'm not letting it go cheap and I know most people would just laugh at the price but it is what it is. If someone wanted to build something similar they would have to spend more just on parts alone. 

I completely agree mate and doubt anyone would laugh if they’ve read through the thread and know you, talking to the wife at the min 

Well got the alternator off and run it to my local auto electrical place, turns out a screw had come loose and was causing a short. Simple fix and only cost me a bit of fuel. 

Pissed it happened in the first place but at least it's not a new alternator! 

Well been faffing around testing things to try and get to the bottom of my over fueling issue, still none the wiser. So I decided to book it in for a Dyno run to find out when exactly it's over fuelling to try and narrow things down a bit. 

In the mean time I fitted the OEM intake plenum and airbox to make it quieter, I used to 30mm imec trumpets inside the thing so these will still make the power a bit peaky but I think overall it should have shifted down a bit. But It definitely is missing some urgency which I'm assuming is down to the fuelling, compared to my daily corolla with a 20v its no where near as responsive 

It's a bit of a squeeze and I need to modify the top of the plenum to give clearance to the strut brace but it's all in. Actually quite like the sound of it, it's got a good grunt to it

IMG_20181204_151044.thumb.jpg.fc560c74ef8274425279cc08a684ff83.jpg

Good work mate. I know it’s a lot of money but have you thought about sticking some management on it? 

Also I know this is a little unrelated but is there any chance I can get my user name changed? Not keen on it anymore 

12 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

Good work mate. I know it’s a lot of money but have you thought about sticking some management on it? 

I have, and I still am debating it but unless I went boost I don't feel it would be worth it. I might get an extra 10-15whp and slightly better mpg but is it really worth £1k? Or what ever it would cost. 

As for your name change you'd have to speak to an admin, moderators don't have that ability I'm afraid.

What about ME? Seem reasonably priced. Or an e-blue although they aren’t great. I just think it’ll run so much nicer.

ok cheers mate

Nothing off the shelf fromt ME, I could make a jumper harness but you'd still be getting up towards 1k by the time you've bought it and had it all mapped. I have an E-manage sitting here but there's loads of contradicting stories of them dropping maps on 4age's so I'm reluctant to use it. Plus the few times it's been on a Dyno it's been running extremely well and fueling spot on. The operators usually comment on how good it is and when asked about improvements from an ECU they've said it would be negligible. 

There will be gains I'm sure and probably most of it from the midrange which would be a good thing but at the moment management isn't going to fix the fuelling issue unfortunately.

Yeh I know what you’re saying, it is a lot of cash after all the money you’ve put in to it I guess. I’ve not heard great things about the emanage blues to be honest.

Well they must see loads of different cars so good comments from them on how the car is running is worth it’s weight

Yeah exactly, I'm going to a different one on Tuesday (emerald) so it's not going to be a direct comparison but it will still give me some baseline figures to work out what's going on fueling wise.

Right, ran over mosts bits in the engine bay with a multimeter, checking resistance or voltage.

Tps sweep test, Map, Iat, Injectors, o2, water temp. Etc etc 

Everything checked fine out so next thing will be mechanical items, fpr, and fuel pump fuel injectors then ecu. 

Hopefully the dyno run tomorrow will shed some light on what it could be as im running out of ideas lol