sparky change of plan with the 1st coilys, cudnt unseize a couple of them lol :| but never mind i got new ones and cheers I've kinda fallen in love with the rolla and its the facelift bug eye :D

ok so I've been out the game for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG time now lol

but alot has changed in that time

, 1stly the 16v 4age is for sale on ebay

, 2ndly i have a 20v 4age blacktop (18000 miles from new) in and now doing a bay tuck whilst we do the wiring

, fidanza 8lb flywheel

, Custom i-tuned 2.5" straight thru exhaust with TTE tailpipe (yes i did have to cut up a genuine tte backbox :D)

, glanza front breaks ebc grooved and spotted discs and yellow stuff pads

, gt rear axle

, glanza 14" wheels altho i am looking for some stock speedlines :p

, cusco lower brace

, bc coilovers

, toM???? (no 'S) jdm bucket seat, its old skewl and I've never herd of it but weighs f.a so all is good

, and the most important bit 1 custom driveshaft, modified hubs with corolla stub axles and bearings and a corolla gti driveshaft.

, and i also have being made are some SR graphics to make it look all stock and like hehehe

, polybush rear mount.

so i had it driving for a few weeks before christmas found all the knocks and noises it had, fixed them and took the 16v out and have been putting the 20v in and making it look all nice a what ever.

in the mean time i have stripped a sr corolla of interior, front fogs, splitter, strut brace, and yes the speedlines are staying on because they look rude :D

anyway here are a load of piccys to keep every1 sweet

16v in its best looking state aka not good haha

DSC03898.jpg

1st set of coilovers going on (tanabe) with gt rear axle.

DSC03880.jpg

cusco strut

DSC03878.jpg

all settled on tanabes looking quite nice :D

DSC03852.jpg

out with the old ;)

DSC04012.jpg

in with the new

DSC04084.jpg

likewise with the coilovers, bc's are VERY sexy haha

DSC04025.jpg

and the flywheel

DSC03757.jpg

i-tuned exhaust and random crap...

DSC04028.jpg

20v all settled and snug

DSC04093.jpg

DSC04092.jpg

I for some reason i havnt got any pictures with the manifold,rad and other bits in :S

but here are some of the corolla with the new fogs and splitter

DSC04102.jpg

DSC03866.jpg

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheers guys the rolla does get much love :thumbsup: I've been considering a 2zzge 190 swap (corolla t-sport), got a fooked engine on offer for 150 quid but its my daily so dont want to fuck about with it.......... yet ;)

Yeah thats it the levin/trueno, got it thru miguel at newera imports, he has a soft spot for toyotas gave me a good price and sent me some pics of his ae86..... all i can say is FUCK ME haha its sex on wheels lol

powerwise stock is around 165hp so with only 18k on it that should be fairly accurate, + it was an auto so it cant have been ragged to much :p

I've been speaking with a crazy america dude who has a k24 powered eg civic that should be running close to the 10s..... N/A :)

he had one in an ae86 and he was saying with a ecu, exhaust and tb trumpets he made 180hp on an otherwise stock engine :D

so the way things are going expect to see this down the strip this year (hoping for very low 15's but hopefully in the 14's) mabye some trackdays and at JAE woop woop!

Edited by morgey

Ok so i havnt really made anymore progress yet, still helping a mate build a car trailer so we can use the garage. but heres a few more pics just to keep ya sweet :)

oh just a quick 1, has anyone got a fuel filter bracket for a ep91????

so has anyone got any idea what a toM seat is lol, it came from a supra imported from jdm land?!?!

DSC04111.jpg

anyway heres a few more with it in a slightly more complete bay. (baring inmind theirs two untucked wiring looms in their atm haha)

DSC04115.jpg

DSC04116.jpg

DSC04117.jpg

20v's and modded obx 16v manifold

DSC04119.jpg

Yes that is 4 45mm throttles :)

DSC04120.jpg

mmm bc's :D

DSC04121.jpg

and glanza rims and brakes with ebc yellows with discs

DSC04118.jpg

should be starting the wiring in the next week depending on the car trailer progress. will try and keep people abit more up to date. :)

haha cheers guys

and it had a bit of history of ecu's haha

the old 1st 16v smallport was using the stock,

the 2nd bigport used the 1st's for a bit then used the stock for that

this one will be using the stock auto 20v ecu, (just needs the park signal bridging then obv modding to suit the ep)

i plan on getting either a Megasquirt v2.2 or v3 or maybe an emerrald ecu as he (dave walker) lives 1mile down the road lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

sorry guys no videos my phone camera's crap and been having some tempramental misfire issues that i have been struggling with majorly and i snapped off a oil fitting in the block yesterday but do now have it out but need a new tee peice fitting for it.

have now got the car lowered as much as i can on the rear and slightly lower on the front but they have another 10mm + to go :s and its on a set of white speedlines and did the writing in orange on one and now regretting not doing it on the rest of them!! i now need some hubcentric spacers for the rear because of the gt rear beam! and I am now thinking its now too low to have a cusco lower front strut but may put it back on at some point lol

but between the misfiring i have been having some fun with her, 2.2 astra coupe whilst carrying 4 spare wheels and a passenger (you really can notice even a small passenger in this thing!) and a fiesta st500 from 30mph like it was a 1.2 haha and its a tiny bit quicker than my mates honda cb1 400 these where off of roundabouts so mainly 2nd 3rd gear pulls B) only problem is its still got the japanese limiter and i havnt even made use of 5th gear yet :thumbsup: not that you need it anyway.

anyway here are a couple of pics of her all cleaned up and settled

DSC00018.jpg

DSC000172.jpg

I will get some videos of the performance, sound etc up but im trying to get all the small problems sorted before hand

and as for the seat like i said its a toM seat its missing the "S" from the tom's but meh i dunno lol

alrite guys as i said some pics of the engine bay in its completeness, sorry still no vids as i havnt fiited the oil fitting yet, been busy being drunk and hanging alot haha

It will be getting velocity stacks and socks eventually but im focusing on getting it running well in as close to standard form as possible so that i when i do mod it more i can rule out any problems that may occur.

so anyway 20v in running form

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

Probably should remove the gti16 badge as its a bit of a lie now lmao...

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

and this is the clearance behind the intake plenum, basically not much.

DSC00007.jpg

i think when under load it has actually still pulled back and hit my clutch line which is about 10-15mm away and this is with a polybush rear mount, so i may be investing in some ae92 polymounts for the cam and gearbox mounts :s

i will get some videos eventually guys but its not quite running 100% and i have a poo poo camera :lol: