• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

well I've got a couple of bits going on this weekend if all goes to plan. apart from a service and refitting my cusco lower brace, i will be getting on with the following :)

First is this

419084_10151344035205154_611295153_23531928_47755441_n.jpg

Tegiwa Civic radiator is in but due to the engine being larger than the 4efte's im having to have a custom Z pipe made up as the old pipe would be too kinked :(

Ill be using my Front facing fan from my old setup for this, because of the lack of room haha

Thanks to jezza at j.d tuning for the mounting kit :thumbsup:

Then theres this :p

404757_10151234329875154_611295153_23168768_1066516919_n.jpg

Fixed Whiteline RARB should also be going on aswell. got from Amir Ali on facebook so cheers to him for that :)

dont supose anybody who's fitted one before can tell me, is it crutial where the holes have to be put in the chassis rail or is it a case of get them vertial and then put them there?

i dont have any intructions as its second hand :s

3rd thing is my HKS Speed de-limiter

4th is a HKS 4AGE 20v 4-1 manifold thats also 2nd hand saving me over £450-500 so it just being cleaned up a little as the welds on the top runners were redone by stevie wonder :lol:

This manifold is also the reason I've gone for the civic radiator as its much deeper than my old modded 16v one so would be through the rad by like 40mm!!

pics will be added when all is on and im happy with them as the whole car need a lil tidy up as its been used and abused as I've only had the MOT since feb.

since getting told i didnt have mot for over 2 months.... owell £60 fine n that was it, think the fact if i had have known i had none i could of been using my other car

till next time.... laterz :p

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, got the civic rad fitted but as with most things with this car had to have a small bit of custom pipe made up nothing major £25 for a slightly funky u-bend (pics i promise will follow soon)

the hks mani is awaiting heat wrap now but is'nt going on untill after the fastshow as its going to need a lil bit of modding to fit my current exhaust and may even hit the new rad, so i may have a jd-tuning civic rad mounting kit for sale soon :(

the RARB will be done when the mani gets done as it will be on some ramps.

main update though is the new wheels i got from adam starlet87. not sure on the make look like enkie rpf01s or some ams's but as theres no markings i cant be sure. but the fact that they weigh fook all and had nearly new advan ad08's made me buy them. and even came with some lightweight wheel nuts which i wasnt expecting :)

heres a pic of them on the car

419647_10151403990520154_611295153_23752947_1308538043_n.jpg

they weigh 12kg's with tyre

speedlines are 9.5 kg's without (will weigh one of mine soon)

looking about on google a tyre of this size is 7-8kg's

so 5-5.5kgs a wheel saving or 20kgs all round

I've also fitted the 98 spec seats and optional extra mats and everything else in this pic is on or to go in soonish... :p

424522_10151383245715154_611295153_23676311_819369551_n.jpg

thats oil and filter change

manifold

hks delimiter

RARB

front wishbone poly bushes

everything else is just random crap haha

keep an eye out for some high quality pics of it all done soon hopefully

so till next time peace out :p

• 1 month later...

bit of an update bit of bad bit of good!, I've had a clicking/tapping noise coming from my engine ever since i serviced it a month or two back and just put it down to the 0-40 fully synth oil i was using as it only happened when warmed up and on idle. any rev's it dissapeared.

But.... put simply a bolt from the engine mount fell off within in my timing belt casing and very very luckily found its way to the outside of the belt and got wedged in the plastic casing behind the crank pulley. the clicking noise was the head of the bolt tapping against the aux belt pulley!

it was only by shear chance i saw it, i noticed the pulley had a slight wobble so turned it off, got down on my knees looking through the grill of the car with a spanner to check the pulley was tight which is when i saw it :blink:

heres some pictures of the damage.

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002-1.jpg

DSC00003-1.jpg

DSC00004-1.jpg

560421_10151710165255154_611295153_24596061_859550276_n.jpg

like i say, think i got very lucky considering I've recently done a lot of miles in it and most of them hard, it could have easily been bye bye 4age

but a trip to toyota with a mate to hopefully get a slight discount on a full cambelt kit and new waterpump and she'll be as good as new :)

other than that I've now got optional V recaro front and rear seats :D but as my phones crap and the interiors quite dark i cant get any pictures :(

i have a genuine SR decal kit im getting copied by a friend so i can always have new/different colour kits made up, if need be :)

563540_10151424444180154_611295153_23837582_364490117_n.jpg

HKS SLD is fitted and as i figured, it buries both clocks in 5th and very nearly in 4th aswel :p (tested on a private road ofcourse)

still no hks manifold as its a nightmare to heatwrap, no RARB as i havnt done the manifold yet.

erm other than that im all out of updates :/ so heres a random picture of my car :p

530896_3199345381501_1202025390_32604859_1809341309_n.jpg

needs some crystal headlights but this looks rude on those wheels. space em out and will look even better.

can really appreciate the work gone into this. is awesome. if i get more power hungry after mine ill be tempted by 4age conversion.

any chance of this seeing a turbo...?

Cheers guys :)

I keep looking at crystals but atm its money I dont need to spend, likewise with idrees's tte front lip he took his mould from, which I was guna have until I realised I had a few payments going out :(

Hopefully when she's back together ill get my a few of my mates together and we can make a few flyby vids :)

Na no turbo for this, I desided I wanted N/A and thats how its staying, if I was intending on boost I would have 4efte'd it, so instead bigger cams 0.8mm trd headgasket and an ecu and I should be looking towards 190+hp but I may need to swap my rods for my old late spec 16v ones, as these ones are a weaker design :(

One thing on the list is an lsd box thats for sure haha

• 2 weeks later...

not much of an update just a few pics of the recaros and how far I've got with heat wrapping my manifold whilst i wait for the last few parts to arrive at toyota.

i have officially desided heat wrapping is one of the biggest chores on the planet :lol:

im only halfway through but found a couple of very small cracks that need welding up, so just gotta take it to a local exhaust place and have him run a small bead over them!

before someone asks the random pipes between the different runners are equalisers designed to help midrange torque apparently lol theres 2 on the front and 2 on the back

well heres the progress so far.

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00001-1.jpg

DSC00002-2.jpg

DSC00003-2.jpg

the biggest problem is the runners are so close together in some places you cant get the wrap between them so you end up having to go back and forth and end up having a not so neat second runner as you can see! I've also left the bottom unfinished as im going to have to undo some to tie the other runs up underneath or something, havnt desided yet as i havnt got to it, but its going to be fun! lol

and the recaro's i swapped my old tom's bucket seat plus some cash for from a fellow member :D p.s i know i need the doorcards but they were manual so couldnt swap mine for them :(

DSC00006-1.jpg

DSC00009-1.jpg

and my car guard mooncat, he's a secret ninja from greece :ph34r:

DSC00007-1.jpg

then I've been needing these for ages and whilst randomly getting wasted with some mates one of them digs these outa his pocket and asks if anybody wants them, to which i gladly took em off him hands :p

DSC00010.jpg

my exhaust has always had a little bit of swing in it and occasionally knocks somewhere so hopefully these will sort that out :)

as always all comment welcome guys :)

Edited by morgey
  • 3 weeks later...

just a few small bits really, picked up a 5spd levin gearbox off the bay for £110 went to brum for it on my week off get home and had a quick check online on the ae111 forum and it turns out its the standard levin lsd box! F**king WIN! :D also got the all the bits from toyota for the cambelt and started putting it together but then desided rather than using the one use hydraulic cambelt tensioner (which can also retract) it would make sence to convert the old one to a reusable manual tensioner. So after a quick bit of research into how other people have done it i set about making my own.

pretty simple just cut the bottom of the old tensioner off yank out the internals leaving just the old pin, make a plug with a threaded hole through it to fit in the inside of the tensioner, lock it in place with some pins and grub screws then grab a long bolt and some locknuts, jobs done!

the finished article

DSC00001-2.jpg

bolts in place of the original and you just use the bolt to wind onto the tensioner assembly, when the belt is tight enough lock it in place with the 2 locknuts!

something I've ment to get pics of is this, the radiator setup i have had so much fun bleeding the last few days aswel, the problem is the outlet is to close to the inlet on the rad so a stupid pipe had to be used, as you can see the air has got to go down before it can get out! not going to happen lol

In the end i had to take the heater matrix pipes off and the rad cap and pour coolant into the h/matrix pipes and the air finally came out!

DSC00010-1.jpg

DSC00011-1.jpg

next on the list was replace the old gti-16 grill badge with something a little bit more appropriate so ebay to the rescue, purchased a TRD grill badge, half expecting a cheap plastic thing to turn up but instead its a nice solid metal item! :)

DSC00012.jpg

i also got some clear indicator lense's so i finally get to replace -

these

DSC00021.jpg

with these

DSC00022.jpg

but i desided i didnt like the look of the grey plastic underneath so off they came again and out came the black spray paint.....

DSC00024.jpg

so now they look like...

this

DSC00023.jpg

not very noticable in the pictures but it is better in the flesh :)

right so thats about it really, the manifold still isn't finished because the guy who was going to weld it, unfortunatly lost his nephew in a bike accident a few hours before he was going to go out for a ride with him. so im giving him some time to come to terms with his lost and clear his head abit.

other than that I've given the cars a good clean and polish, gave the recaro's a clean and put the badge i took off the starbo on the corolla just because i was bored :p this is before i cleaned the corolla though.

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

as usual all comments welcome :)

Edited by morgey

Cheers buh :)

The fitting wasnt that bad once you get over the idea of chopping your car up, it was mounted in a day!

it was everything thats involved to get it drivable, driveshafts, wiring (althought that was shedloads easier the 2nd time round when we new what we were doing)

Then all the little bits here and there lol

Edited by morgey
  • 1 month later...

Finnaly got round to fitting my new gearbox over the last couple of weekends whilst hanging but got it out in about 3hours, wasnt too bad to do considering the lack of room, done it in the car just had to remove the two gearbox mounts and we were away :)

Went pretty well apart from removing the speedo drive from my old gearbox, which i destroyed trying to remove but luckily i had another older gearbox to take the drive out of so that solved that problem!

Test drive was good had a little crunch into 2nd when cold but seems to have gotten better as it warmed so might just have been the old oil but seems fine when warm. Genuinely suprised at how well the lsd affects the handling of the car, really pulls the car into the corner under throttle, also has shorter gears much more suited to the power range of the car revs drop to about 6500 between 2nd and 3rd so straight back into the peak power and torque so a noticable improvement all round and a very happy me :)

Old box did speedo speed 35-38, 67, 97, 127-130 and no idea in 5th

New 30-32, 62, 90, 122-124 and again no idea in 5th as speed stops at 120 being uk clocks

(tested on private road obviously)

Not bad for £110 and the thought that it was just an ordinary non lsd box :p

Next on the list is a hi flow 3" sports cat for a bargain £20 (hopefully bring the volume of the exhuast down), rear anti roll bar an hks manifold

This should be done befor 21st of august as i plan on getting it on track at snetterton for a 20min taster session to see how everything holds up

Also got an mot on my daily tomorrow so fingers crossed it passes lol

Morgey