best tyres to get

T1R's are fine in the summer on dry roads but no good in winter, I'm told Paradas are bad too.

Rainsport 3's are as good as T1R's in the dry and absolutely brilliant in the wet. My only complaint with them is the sidewalls are a little bit soft whereas I prefer a very stiff sidewall for better steering feel.

The top of the range Continental, Michelin, and Goodyears are worth a look too but they are priced higher than T1R's and Rainsports.

Currently running Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's, very good all round tyre but not as good as Rainsport 3's in the wet.

The short answer - to anyone who's not bothered about soft sidewalls then go for Rainsport 3's as they're well priced and good in both wet and dry.

Edited by ste91

T1R's are fine in the summer on dry roads but no good in winter, I'm told Paradas are bad too.

Rainsport 3's are as good as T1R's in the dry and absolutely brilliant in the wet. My only complaint with them is the sidewalls are a little bit soft whereas I prefer a very stiff sidewall for better steering feel.

The top of the range Continental, Michelin, and Goodyears are worth a look too but they are priced higher than T1R's and Rainsports.

Currently running Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's, very good all round tyre but not as good as Rainsport 3's in the wet.

The short answer - to anyone who's not bothered about soft sidewalls then go for Rainsport 3's as they're well priced and good in both wet and dry.

^^^ word for word what I was gonna say

Yokohama AD08R all the way mate I have tried everything and use these on my m3 and my integra. They are safe in the wet amazing in the dry and on track they are fucking brilliant especially after a few heat cycles...

t1r are a terrible budget options with soft sidewalls but will do well for wet and dry driving if you don't wanna be too crazy, parada are good only on a nice dry warm day, in the wet lol they are scary as hell

Rainsports are a good option but personally the ado8r are a cracking all rounder

Im looking for tyres for my glanza. Thinkinh of going for toyo proxes or yokohamas? What is the better one between the two and is there any better ones for under 300?

It'll be for daily use and im running 180bhp in a car that weights less than 900kgs so i want somthing decent

Yokos can be had for not a lot.

and if your only running 180hp you wont need more than them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YOKOHAMA-PARADA-SPEC-82V-1955015-195-50V15-195-50-15-FOUR-CHEAP-NEW-TYRES-/171000278042?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item27d0692c1a

Phil

Edited by Phil

Yokohama AD08R all the way mate I have tried everything and use these on my m3 and my integra. They are safe in the wet amazing in the dry and on track they are fucking brilliant especially after a few heat cycles...

t1r are a terrible budget options with soft sidewalls but will do well for wet and dry driving if you don't wanna be too crazy, parada are good only on a nice dry warm day, in the wet lol they are scary as hell

Rainsports are a good option but personally the ado8r are a cracking all rounder

I've ran rainsports for a while now but I have had a look into them..

May we treat myself to 4 when the time comes round.

How are they like life wise Marc?.. I use my Glanza as a daily so I can't have them having a really short life

I've been running mine (older ad08's) for nearly 3 years (march). Prob only covered 10k max in that time but have done a couple of short track sessions and have switched tyres around a bit to keep wear even. They will need replacing soon but id deffo be going for them again.

Nankang Ns2-R's - You may think " LOL NANKANG" but actually have a read up on them.

You can choose from 3 compounds and they are really well priced.

I went from some nice Yokies to these, i dont think id ever change.

195/50/15 120 Compound ... For half the price of AD08's etc.

Just my opinion, but i would take the time to research them :)

• 4 months later...

Nankang Ns2-R's - You may think " LOL NANKANG" but actually have a read up on them.

You can choose from 3 compounds and they are really well priced.

I went from some nice Yokies to these, i dont think id ever change.

195/50/15 120 Compound ... For half the price of AD08's etc.

Just my opinion, but i would take the time to research them :)

Which Yoko's did you have previously?

Think I'll be going for NS-2R in 180 compound. Just £52/ea!