HELP PLEASE, GOT A SUDDEN LEAK --UPDATE SOURCED IT !!!

20141125_081115_zpsc85193c0.jpgguys my car was parked up all of sunday as normal, windows 100% both up and doors 100% both shut and sunday night I got in the car to discover the passenger footwell full of water front and rear.

before anybody says the heater matrix it defo isnt that, coolants as was and high level.

doesnt appear to be door seal at all.no water residue up high or sides of door seals.

anybody have an idea, I am going to have to remove carpet and clean it and dry it out and sort this problem asap.

20141125_081837_zps6ca055e2.jpg

Edited by mikey4410

Get the boot check and if the spare wheel sump isnt soaked through then id be thinking along the same lines as Gainzy.

but these cars are notorious for leaky rears, and sparewheel sumps filling with water,

which can make it from rear to front under braking/parked on a hill etc.

Phil

Edited by Phil

just checked rear and no water whatsoever.

its all totally dry back there and backseat area. defo seems to be up front.under dash seems dry also.

seems to be a few drops round under speaker in dash on passanger side.

yup same is mine. scuttle panel or the blanking grommet on the firewall lettign water through i'd say.

The most annoying thing is I havent ever had a problem with this car leaking EVER.just all of a sudden happening which is puzzling.

Thanks so much for ure replys and will have a mate help me later with a hose and me inside the car as now the carpets up will see were its coming from.

Thanks again.

will get all the wipers and scuttle of and see what is causing the leak.simples.

will not get round to it till friday now I wudnt have thought

If you have taken the ac out and not put a rubber bung to replace the hole it might be getting through there, might aswell paint the scuttle panel while it's off